Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:07 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Been on this site for a long time without registering or posting... having seen the 992 on the streets here in LA a few times now (albeit with light camo) I figure its time to register and start planning a trip to Germany. 992 Oktoberfest 2019 is getting more likely by the day. BUT having never bought a Porsche since I moved to LA I'd love recomendations for a Euro delivery friendly dealer if you've got em. Went to look at a targa 4s at bev hills and it was pretty clear I don't want to work with those guys.
I can't speak to anyone's experience but my own, not a fan of a single dealer here in LA. Bev Hills, South Bay, Walters Riverside, McKenna, Auto Gallery, Rusnak, DTLA. Just too much money here I guess to where customer service is optional. I'd recommend Porsche Fresno, CJs place, even without having made a purchase from them. Porsche San Diego wasn't too bad either so long as God forbid you try to get a GT car from them. Just my own personal experience having shopped around recently. Wasn't fun at all, actually painful
Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Been on this site for a long time without registering or posting... having seen the 992 on the streets here in LA a few times now (albeit with light camo) I figure its time to register and start planning a trip to Germany. 992 Oktoberfest 2019 is getting more likely by the day. BUT having never bought a Porsche since I moved to LA I'd love recomendations for a Euro delivery friendly dealer if you've got em. Went to look at a targa 4s at bev hills and it was pretty clear I don't want to work with those guys.
I use McKenna in SoCal. Ask for Adrian, tell him David sent you- We have ordered a Cayenne GTS and Macan from him. He's not pushy and the experience has been pretty good overall.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

New image (for me) popped up on FB today...

Old 09-25-2018, 05:54 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,170 Likes on 591 Posts

Thanks... I'll start building relationships now I guess. I thought bev hills porsche was going to bill me for the pleasure of their time. I'm ok with somebody making money on me.... I just want it to be somebody who I feel like appreciates my dollars ending up in their wallet.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
New image (for me) popped up on FB today...

That's a terrible rendering (says the guy who can't photoshop worth ****). Everything about the rear bumper below the lights is all wrong.

Look at the latest spy pics and you'll see what the car really looks like. That's not it.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I saw a 992 convoy in the Marina twice over the past week, and this morning I saw one black camo'd in Santa Monica on Ocean Ave while walking the dog

I own not one but two 991.2s already? And yes the 992 *in person* looks great exterior wise from what I can see so far in my opinion, I am eating crow. Looks a bit wider with presence, maybe an illusion because they are black. There are still some bits that are taped up, so I am still waiting for the release for final judgment which should be relatively imminent considering how many 992s are popping up on the roads. I don't know about the interior and shifter for a PDK car as well yet. I actually want a 992.1 C4 to replace my 991.2 C4 and accompany my GT3 but just not to keen on giving Porsche my money which is a very separate topic. Most importantly besides looks is how will the car feel and drive, has to have that quintessential 911 feel especially through corners and not just be a 2 door Panamera

Completely agree after seeing them a handful of times over the past couple weeks in person. Wish I could say otherwise as I don't want to buy another 911, but they might have forced my hand with how good the car looks from what we can see so far
I hope you're right. Because that bum looks very bulbous in pictures. Hoping in person the proportions look more balanced.

I can understand that the additional hips might make it look meaner, though.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Can’t get over those door handles
Old 09-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhm3
I use McKenna in SoCal. Ask for Adrian, tell him David sent you- We have ordered a Cayenne GTS and Macan from him. He's not pushy and the experience has been pretty good overall.
gonna say getting suv's doesnt seem to be an issue. shopping for my 911 in socal, dealers made it seem like they were doing me a favor. hard too when there's a lot of money flying around here, dealers dont seem to have a difficult time moving their high ADM cars.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:23 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
That is a total deal breaker for me. I can't spend 120k on a sports car because of those door handles. I don't care if 99.999999% of the population can't tell the difference between those door handles and the door handles on a model T ford.

I don't buy Porsches because of the handling, the quality, the acceleration, the racing history or anything else. It's those damn door handles. SMH
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
That is a total deal breaker for me. I can't spend 120k on a sports car because of those door handles. I don't care if 99.999999% of the population can't tell the difference between those door handles and the door handles on a model T ford.

I don't buy Porsches because of the handling, the quality, the acceleration, the racing history or anything else. It's those damn door handles. SMH
just saying I don’t like them....relax
Old 09-26-2018, 12:25 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

Whats wrong with those door handles ?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:52 AM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dchang81
gonna say getting suv's doesnt seem to be an issue. shopping for my 911 in socal, dealers made it seem like they were doing me a favor. hard too when there's a lot of money flying around here, dealers dont seem to have a difficult time moving their high ADM cars.
I didn't mention it, but I have a 991.2 c2s on order right now, and I would still recommend Adrian at McKenna. I have a healthy discount as well, and no deposit because our 3rd car with him.

I went to Irvine Porsche to look at the T and had a bad experience, so I know what you mean.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:10 AM
arek
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Whats wrong with those door handles ?
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:38 PM
atombomb33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I can't speak to anyone's experience but my own, not a fan of a single dealer here in LA. Bev Hills, South Bay, Walters Riverside, McKenna, Auto Gallery, Rusnak, DTLA. Just too much money here I guess to where customer service is optional. I'd recommend Porsche Fresno, CJs place, even without having made a purchase from them. Porsche San Diego wasn't too bad either so long as God forbid you try to get a GT car from them. Just my own personal experience having shopped around recently. Wasn't fun at all, actually painful
I've been working with Brett R. at Circle Porsche in Long Beach. So far so good with him. I was considering a 991.2 and he was ready to give me a 6% discount on an 991.2 ordered build that would have been delivered in early December. He also let me test drive one on two separate occasions. No pressure from him. Overall a good experience. Even when I told him I was going to wait for the 992, the first thing he did was send me a link to an early spy article. He said he should be able to do 2-3% discount on the 992. Will believe that when I go in to actually set up a build order on the 992.

All that to say, Circle Porsche could be an option for folks to consider.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE