Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:50 PM
innout
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116

looks GTSque with black trims all around ... without the spoiler up, it doesn’t look that bad, imho.
definitely don’t want the 911 merging with Macan/panamera...
The hip seems a little narrow for GTS, no?
I wish there was a higher res pic of the rear. I'm thinking the middle portion of the black strip will get narrower when finished.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:04 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by mpeterec
And another...

From this angle, in this spec, the 992 doesn't actually look half bad I will say. Looks good in white with the exhaust exits 2RS style on the rear fascia. Still hate the 718 GTS/Panamera style front bumper.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

And another...

If a Porsche 911 where in the movie Tron...it might look like that.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Waiting to see what the sport design mirrors look like (hopefully like they do today),....the standard ones for the 991.1, .2 & 992 are just odd looking IMO.....
Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
If a Porsche 911 where in the movie Tron...it might look like that.
Agreed. It looks like a spaceship. Ferdinand is probably rolling over in his grave.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

I think it looks fantastic. Especially the white with black accents. I will get in line to replace my 2018 C4 with a 992.2 before the manual and ICE goes away.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:32 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Agreed. It looks like a spaceship. Ferdinand is probably rolling over in his grave.
A highly doubt any of the three late Ferdinand Porsches are doing that right now.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:38 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That rear end looks narrow. I think that is a plain 911 basic car, also silver calipers as opposed to the red for the "S" model, etc. Looks decent. However I don't get the black section above the license plate area. What is that for? I think it would look better all white across the back upper area. For the first time the back doesn't look as poorly as some of the others. The exhaust area actually looks good but I prefer the quad 4 look. I am hoping that the PSE can be had by still having the quad 4 like in the 991.1 as opposed to the 991.2 set up.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, a good find!!!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay
That rear end looks narrow. I think that is a plain 911 basic car. Looks decent. However I don't get the black section above the license plate area. What is that for? I think it would look better all white across the back. For the first time the back doesn't look as poorly as some of the others. The exhaust actually looks good but I prefer the quad 4 look. I am hoping that the PSE can be had by still having the quad 4 like in the 991.1 as opposed to the 991.2 set up.
It'll prob be an option, knowing Porsche; if it isn't, there's always modification.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:45 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

That rear end looks narrow. I think that is a plain 911 basic car, also silver calipers as opposed to the red for the "S" model, etc. Looks decent. However I don't get the black section above the license plate area. What is that for? I think it would look better all white across the back upper area. For the first time the back doesn't look as poorly as some of the others. The exhaust area actually looks good but I prefer the quad 4 look. I am hoping that the PSE can be had by still having the quad 4 like in the 991.1 as opposed to the 991.2 set up.

I thought the black area was camouflage to fool you into thinking its the current model with recessed plate area there
Old 08-13-2018, 10:47 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

However I don't get the black section above the license plate area. What is that for? I think it would look better all white across the back.
It's tape. You can see it also covers parts above and below the black plastic on the bumper, as well as the ends of the tail lights and the section where Porsche badge will sit. What it covers in that specific area above the license plate, no idea. Probably just camouflage to distract the eye.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:18 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by JMartinni
A highly doubt any of the three late Ferdinand Porsches are doing that right now.
Yeah I’m sure this is what he envisioned when he first dreamed of a simple lightweight sportscar.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:41 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
Originally Posted by Archimedes

Yeah I’m sure this is what he envisioned when he first dreamed of a simple lightweight sportscar.
They're probably just overjoyed that their namesake company is still in business. And doing very well in business.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:37 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
They're probably just overjoyed that their namesake company is still in business. And doing very well in business.
Yes, I’m sure they would be proud of the Company’s ability to make money selling SUV and bloated passenger cars. 356 - Macan. Tomayto tomahto.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:15 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Some more...

Kind of has a Jag F Type presence to it there.

Originally Posted by Kongmiami
Putting screens in place of Gauges is way more profitable for all manufactures. Think of all those android tablets that sell for $70.. those screens in the dashboard can’t cost Porsche more $60-$150 to make. Wayyy cheaper to make. Unfortunately they’re still using LCD’s instead of OLED’s, so it will always look dated from an angled of axis view. If they’re gonna use LCD’s, hopefully OLED’s are not far out in the future
Indeed. And the cheapness shows, both visually and in feel, imo. They're gonna look soooooo dated, lmao. While our analogue gauges will look better than ever (by that point, they'll be increasingly "retro/classic/timeless cool"). Already the Panny's LCD display looks a bit pixelated. As does Audi's, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I agree with this. Who actually uses the stick to shift the PDK when you have paddles right at your finger tips? They allow you to keep both hands on the steering wheel and focus on the road/apex.

Using the shifter with the PDK is like you're trying to add an artificial layer of "driver engagement" when you're really just shifting a computer operated manual with redundant controls. If you love the PDK stick that much and use it all the time, you've simply bought the wrong transmission! A real manual and clutch would be a much better fit.
That added layer of "driver engagement" is important for a road car that's used for daily routines and pleasure. Also, the center shifter has an important fundamental purpose to me as well. When negotiating hard turns, or especially when making a right or left onto a street while manually shifting, using the paddles or buttons isn't intuitive or placed right, as you have to twist your arms and "find" them. I always use the center shifter there, and it indeed also has a "cooler" physical effect of "shifting," making a motion with your arms, rather than pressing or flicking a button like a video game. Ferrari at least have their paddles housed at the center position, so you always know where it is.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE