Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Try shifting with the paddles so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel. You know, like all the posers in every pro race series. Its when they get ready to take the steering wheel away that you need to get serious!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

For worth it's worth, I think that the 992 will have a similar look to the PDK shifter in the 2019 Cayenne (see pic below). This is the same shifter that is the current Panamera. To me, this shifter does not feel like a "nub" when I recently drove a new Panamera. The PDK shifters across the current model ranges and are similiar and not drastically different. I can’t imagine Porsche would make the 992 so different from the other newer model ranges.

Last edited by Ccpecot; 07-19-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:32 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Try shifting with the paddles so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel. You know, like all the posers in every pro race series. Its when they get ready to take the steering wheel away that you need to get serious!
Lol....Ya...those posers are quite funny. Honestly, I just do not enjoy the paddles, it is not my thing at all. I get better feedback with my hand on the PDK stick (just b/c I came from manual background).

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
For worth it's worth, I think that the 992 will have a similar look to the PDK shifter in the 2019 Cayenne (see pic below). This is the same shifter that is the current Panamera. To me, this shifter does not feel like a "nub" when I recently drove a new Panamera. The PDK shifters across the current model ranges and are similiar and not drastically different. I can’t imagine Porsche would make the 992 so different from the other newer model ranges.

I do not really have lot of seat time in the Panamera. After the 992 order, I may think of getting one, I do like the new design. They are super spacious. How is the hand placement from the console to the Panamera shifter? Is it possible to get the shift feel from this particular shifter it if this was in a potential 992?

In few months, I know I will find out (we all will).
Old 07-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

The rear spoiler looks really horrible.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Shifting in the Panamera did not feel all that "unnatural" to me. I'm comparing this to the feel of the 2014 Panamera that I used to own. It's hard to say how it might potentially feel in the 992, without knowing how the angle of the console will actually feel. I definitely agree that we'll know soon enough I just can't see Porsche putting that tiny shifter in the 992, understanding that some (me included) may prefer the PDK shifter over the paddles.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:10 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccpecot

Trust me, I hate to be the bearer of this news. But let’s just say but not say I’ve actually placed my own hands on it (in a dream, of course).

Unless something changes, this atrocity is what you’ll see. Why Porsche would put a less sporty, less ergonomic, less driver focused/tactile shifter in the 911 than the Panamera and Cayenne? I have no %%*! idea.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K-A

Trust me, I hate to be the bearer of this news. But let’s just say but not say I’ve actually placed my own hands on it (in a dream, of course).

Unless something changes, this atrocity is what you’ll see. Why Porsche would put a less sporty, less ergonomic, less driver focused/tactile shifter in the 911 than the Panamera and Cayenne? I have no %%*! idea.

Say it ain’t so😀 I’m hoping there will be a last minute change😎
Old 07-19-2018, 11:53 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey COOLFIDO: Great Pictures Dude!!!!
Thank you for taking those pics. The side view looks decent. The *** end looks too bulky, never want a big fat ***. In one pic the 911 actually looks similar to a Nissan 370Z and that makes me want to pu**. Even my wife said it look like one of those 350Z. That was funny.
But a different color from black will change the presentation overall. Good work. Thanks.

Hey Porsche, if you are reading our Forum::::: Please don't give us that weak feminine shift lever for the PDK handle. Most of us that transitioned from a Manual Shift to PDK still use the shift handle beside the paddles.
We want a cool sport ergonomic grip to rest our hand on and to grab and shift when we are getting aggressive in our cool 992. Don't blow this for us Porsche!!!!! If you do the pany handle many of us will go back to Manual Tranny to have something to grip. Don't forget.....we are men...not boys...not sissies.. Come-on man Listen to your customer base please. Help us continue to love our Porsches......The current PDK handle is perfect. No need to change it. Just ask us, we will tell you. It is not too late to fix/correct. Thank you for listening to our request.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:30 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe it’s a dual function shifter/shaver so if you get the PDK you can shift the transmission with it and then pop it off to shave your lady parts.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:18 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

If the final build has that type of Shifter. I think we all should complain like people did when 996 got released with those headlights. Yeah, I know the GT1 had it, it looked cool on it due to design etc, but looked horrible on 996. And they caved by demand and changed it for 997.

But they spend all that R&D money to improve the PDK shifter, and now the Porsche bean counters, decide lets put a shaver for a stick. Seriously <insert Profanity>.

Who is Porsche researching to make these cars? seriously. I am gonna patiently wait till the release day.

Did they hire non 911 enthusiasts into the company or hire hipsters and they decided to put a beard trimmer.

I really can not place a order for a sports car with a weak shifter like this. My Wife saw this pic, she was like this is so weird (& some funny expletives), and does not approve of it too.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:48 AM
crazybug
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch..the rear is plain ugly. The new Macan also looks bad...what happens to the Porsche designers?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
If the final build has that type of Shifter. I think we all should complain like people did when 996 got released with those headlights. Yeah, I know the GT1 had it, it looked cool on it due to design etc, but looked horrible on 996. And they caved by demand and changed it for 997.

But they spend all that R&D money to improve the PDK shifter, and now the Porsche bean counters, decide lets put a shaver for a stick. Seriously <insert Profanity>.

Who is Porsche researching to make these cars? seriously. I am gonna patiently wait till the release day.

Did they hire non 911 enthusiasts into the company or hire hipsters and they decided to put a beard trimmer.

I really can not place a order for a sports car with a weak shifter like this. My Wife saw this pic, she was like this is so weird (& some funny expletives), and does not approve of it too.
Honestly, wait till you have to put your hands.... err fingers on it (I mean.... you'll literally have to "shift" with your index finger and thumb). It's bafflingly nonsensical, unattractive, and purely antithesis to a sports car feel. And the material is like a pokey metal which isn't exactly comfortable. Certainly not as comfortable as a NICE ERGONOMIC GRIPPY LEATHER ****!

As for who they're making cars for? Two words, China market. It's now the biggest market in the world. They have no Porsche lineage, DNA, or tangible childhood fantasies while sitting inside classic 911's that they aspired to own and now feel compelled to protect. Luxury car manufacturers have long realized that the China market likes their cars soft, technologically advanced (and I'm talking infotainment garb mostly), large, comfy, and quiet. Those who can afford it also want power, but power like an EV car, not like the emotionally charged raucous symphony we've come to know as the "911" throughout history.

My impression of the new 911 is that it's China market first, U.S market second.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Manu335
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

new pictures

2019 Porsche 911 Caught Undisguised Out In The Open – Again
Old 07-20-2018, 08:44 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Manu335
new pictures
Holy cow! What a great way to start off a Friday! Very exciting.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:42 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manu335
Thanks for sharing. I think it's safe to say that the original leaked photo of the "yellow one" earlier this year was the real deal:-)

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE