Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by virage
New photo. Not as bad as I had feared – manual controls still remain:

YES!

Finally some photographic proof that the stick will live on.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by blepski
That interior is just plain AWFUL on so many levels and now seeing it again only further ensures we are going to be getting something very similar in the final version .....

From the laughable center vent placement to the horribly integrated center screen , the disgusting american car "standard issue" cup holder and whatever that center dashboard plank is, I just don't see what there is to like here.... Am I wrong ?

If I want to stare at giant screens all day I'll just play a racing simulator and speaking of which I wouldn't be surprised to see the engine noise simulated through the speakers similar to what BMW has done ( and been deservedly bashed for).
+1. The dash is horrible. Very simple to the point of being bland. The buttons above the centre console vents are poorly integrated.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:46 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

That interior is just plain AWFUL on so many levels and now seeing it again only further ensures we are going to be getting something very similar in the final version .....
I think it looks fine. I was worried that the center console was going to be a push button screen but this works for me.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:48 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaws1
+1. The dash is horrible. Very simple to the point of being bland. The buttons above the centre console vents are poorly integrated.
They look like the buttons from a mustang interior.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:54 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

The interior photo also seems to confirm that the only remaining non-LCD gauge is the tach, the rest appear to be round LCDs. Not a problem for me, but interesting nonetheless.

It appears that the photos of the yellow car and its "futuristic" light design are real. Even in the first photos we saw in this thread you can see that there was just a shiny black strip covering the bottom part of the lens so as to mislead us (It worked!). It's fit wasn't even all that good as you can really see the tacked-on nature of it in the first photo below and the seams along the bottom edge in the lower photo below

Old 02-23-2018, 12:14 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Here's hoping thats a fake top on the dashboard, rather than a new particle board option.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Wow I am usually an optimist when it comes to waiting and seeing it all done but that interior, console, and dash are not nice at all. Does not look or feel like a Porsche car. I hope that "cigarette lighter" type shifter is not going to be in the real car, it is scary. I'll wait this really can't be it after how beautiful the 991 is.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:16 PM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts

Porsche showed off this shot of the 992 officially today here.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

From the laughable center vent placement to the horribly integrated center screen , the disgusting american car "standard issue" cup holder and whatever that center dashboard plank is, I just don't see what there is to like here.... Am I wrong ?

If I want to stare at giant screens all day I'll just play a racing simulator and speaking of which I wouldn't be surprised to see the engine noise simulated through the speakers similar to what BMW has done ( and been deservedly bashed for).
Harsh. You know this isnt a final production car right? Virtually every car in the world will have some sort of screen. Not sure whats to hate? IMO.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:22 PM
tango131
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Wow I am usually an optimist when it comes to waiting and seeing it all done but that interior, console, and dash are not nice at all. Does not look or feel like a Porsche car. I hope that "cigarette lighter" type shifter is not going to be in the real car, it is scary. I'll wait this really can't be it after how beautiful the 991 is.
Originally Posted by Jaws1

+ a million. HATE that interior. hate hate hate. the electronic dials, toggle switches (WTF), weird placement of AC vents, and the disgusting cup holder in the middle (WTF again -- keep it hidden the way it is now). hate. with a passion. it all reminds me of the new audi design theme...like this new 2018 S5.... but actually much worse! I like the audi execution better. wtf were they thinking.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePhanatic
Porsche showed off this shot of the 992 officially today here.
Between the yellow 992 and the wrapped 992 someone should be able to make a pretty accurate artistic rendering now.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

The wrapped one just looks like a photoshop job. Zoom in. FAKE NEWS. Just a little distraction and to get a few headlines.

Not like we haven't seen better pics!! It's the same mule we've seen with a photoshopped wrap on it.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Interior:

Old 02-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Harsh. You know this isnt a final production car right? Virtually every car in the world will have some sort of screen. Not sure whats to hate? IMO.
Some may be Harsh, but I think most of it is concern. But as is the case in anything some people will like it, obviously you are not concerned. I am. The 991 isn't perfect but it is really good. I don't care that Pcars have crappy cup holders as my hands are usually on the shifter or the paddles so I'm not looking for an ugly center console cup holder. There was enough of a schizophrenic like look in these photos to make me worried but I also know its not done so at this moment I am willing to be patient.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:00 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
The wrapped one just looks like a photoshop job. Zoom in. FAKE NEWS. Just a little distraction and to get a few headlines.

Not like we haven't seen better pics!! It's the same mule we've seen with a photoshopped wrap on it.
I think you're right, I just glanced at it. I even thought it was 3 different guys standing by the car.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE