Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Hurricane
Super User

Originally Posted by SBARacing View Post

it has a Tesla like roundness to it which Iím not sure I like yet. It may be one of these things that grow on you, but itís not love at first sight.
I agree...
Old 02-19-2018, 09:07 AM
phow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like the 997 forum all over again when the 991 was revealed lol...
Old 02-19-2018, 09:55 AM
STG
Super User

Last edited by STG; 02-19-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:05 AM
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting that they speculate launch at Geneva. My SA and GM (for whatever that's worth) said introduction in Q4 w/ Q1 '19 deliveries.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM
STG
Super User

Originally Posted by boyko23

I think we have a real winner here, desgn wise... Hope the owner of this photo not to have big troubles...

Nice first find too
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 AM
STG
Super User

Notice the PORSCHE letters on the light bar?

Old 02-19-2018, 10:33 AM
GiuseppeM
User

Originally Posted by STG View Post
Notice the PORSCHE letters on the light bar?

Wow didn't see that and didn't see it in any comments on Instagram, everyone was wondering where they'd put the letters
Old 02-19-2018, 10:34 AM
stealthboy
User

Anyone notice the round mirrors at the top? I can sort of see the front end... lots of black up there, too. Mirroring the back design.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 AM
stealthboy
User

Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 AM
K-A
Super User

Thatís a lot of empty space without letters (enough so that I canít believe Iím actually concerned about enough lettering while on the 991 I donít think you can take off ENOUGH of that letter jumble).

Appears to be the SportDesign kit and appears itíll mimic the Panamera SD front (the black middle section).

2 reasons I donít like that:

1: Itís clearly Porsche sneaking into the EV transformation age, where fronts and rears will be sans gaping vents and air dams and radiators. The EV SUVís theyíve shown renders to have Tesla like fronts (reminds me of Beetleís on the Porscheís) and the new SD fronts sort of look like that with the hiding of what used to be aggressive and massive intake openings.

The rear also has a very sort of plastic ďEV techĒ look. In contrast to the 991.1 especially, which has a more simplified ICE ďmetallic lookĒ in comparison (not sure how else to put it).

Large air intakes are sort of a Porsche hallmark now. I have yet to like one of the new Porsche fronts that makes a point to hide them nearly as much.

Also, as I said before, the standard 992 front will have the 718 style bland and characterless squared front. I hate that front on said 718ís (I think Porsche for the first time even botched the 718 SD front, rendering it too fussy and overdesigned/complicated, the weakest link on an otherwise beautiful car.... though the rear is a little too try-hard glammy and also over designed). IMO the 981ís front and to some extent rears are MUCH nicer, more organic, flowing, coherent and timeless than the 718ís.

Not to recklessly sh*t on the 992. I KNOW itíll be very nice. It will look mostly like a 991 so itíll have to be. How they manage the evolution from the 991 thus how it compares to the 991 will be a different story.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Argon_
User

Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Thatís a lot of empty space without letters (enough so that I canít believe Iím actually concerned about enough lettering while on the 991 I donít think you can take off ENOUGH of that letter jumble).

Appears to be the SportDesign kit and appears itíll mimic the Panamera SD front (the black middle section).

2 reasons I donít like that:

1: Itís clearly Porsche sneaking into the EV transformation age, where fronts and rears will be sans gaping vents and air dams and radiators. The EV SUVís theyíve shown renders to have Tesla like fronts (reminds me of Beetleís on the Porscheís) and the new SD fronts sort of look like that with the hiding of what used to be aggressive and massive intake openings.

The rear also has a very sort of plastic ďEV techĒ look. In contrast to the 991.1 especially, which has a more simplified ICE ďmetallic lookĒ in comparison (not sure how else to put it).

Large air intakes are sort of a Porsche hallmark now. I have yet to like one of the new Porsche fronts that makes a point to hide them nearly as much.

Also, as I said before, the standard 992 front will have the 718 style bland and characterless squared front. I hate that front on said 718ís (I think Porsche for the first time even botched the 718 SD front, rendering it too fussy and overdesigned/complicated, the weakest link on an otherwise beautiful car.... though the rear is a little too try-hard glammy and also over designed). IMO the 981ís front and to some extent rears are MUCH nicer, more organic, flowing, coherent and timeless than the 718ís.

Not to recklessly sh*t on the 992. I KNOW itíll be very nice. It will look mostly like a 991 so itíll have to be. How they manage the evolution from the 991 thus how it compares to the 991 will be a different story.
Now that we know what it looks like, the next concern is driving dynamics. Will it improve, stagnate, or become absolutely soulless like the F30 3 series.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:22 AM
K-A
Super User

Originally Posted by Argon_ View Post
Now that we know what it looks like, the next concern is driving dynamics. Will it improve, stagnate, or become absolutely soulless like the F30 3 series.
Thatís the scariest part. I canít say Iím hopeful considering my impression of the .2, on top of the interior design language of the 992 (tech heavy, more isolation / comfort ambiance, less tactile feedback). But I am forcing myself to try to be hopeful.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:24 AM
erdrff
User

Default Latest pic!

I think it looks pretty nice!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
STG
Super User

Originally Posted by stealthboy
Anyone notice the round mirrors at the top? I can sort of see the front end... lots of black up there, too. Mirroring the back design.
Originally Posted by stealthboy

Nice catch

Pic looks legit. The girl who posted it seems to post about purses, clothes, cars, herself. The typical social media show off of selfies and luxury goods.

She's in Germany. Somehow she got to see this and quickly deleted afterwards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.i4u...-911-992-leaks
Old 02-19-2018, 11:35 AM
STG
Super User

The 992 will take design elements that they carry over from other models to help cross sell. Especially Mission E, etc.

It's unfortunate, but they all kinda look the same these days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: