Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

 
Old 08-02-2018, 04:24 PM
  #1996  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,500
Default

^^ agree

The third brake light crowd must be getting nervous

Name:  photo242.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  208.0 KB
STG is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 PM
  #1997  
Ascend
User
 
Ascend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 756
Default

Front hood reminds me of 993.

Don't know why they didn't make the front hood flush with bumper and side fenders.
Ascend is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:35 PM
  #1998  
xstnte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50
Default

It may have already been said, but the 992 very much reminds me of a modern 964.

xstnte is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:47 PM
  #1999  
titan7
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
titan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 412
Default

Please fix the third brake light, cup holder, and PDK shifter.
titan7 is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM
  #2000  
captainkirk
User
 
captainkirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Somewhere in Space....the final frontier
Posts: 673
Default

Why is that brake light taped up? omg, it totally looks Ugly. Porsche Engineers & Dealers (you all can persuade people at the Corporate office) - I know so many of you are all in here - why? You know it looks ugly, why go with it.

Also I need my PDK Shifter - not some razor. Again you know it is ugly, fix it. Simple.

Also fire the person who gave those suggestions to implement. Make good decisions and your VW stock will go up....don't want your stock to be up?
captainkirk is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 06:51 PM
  #2001  
phow
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
phow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 352
Default

I'm really trying to reserve final judgment until I can physically walk up to the car but from these pics I'm not 100% sold yet. But there seems to still be a bit of camo and that front plate isn't helping either so I will remain optimistic. I just find that front bumper and hood line to be so odd...
phow is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:07 PM
  #2002  
stealthpilot
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stealthpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,075
Default

Originally Posted by xstnte View Post
It may have already been said, but the 992 very much reminds me of a modern 964.
While there is some inspiration there, it looks even more like a 991.2 C4S. Can you post that comparison?
stealthpilot is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:15 PM
  #2003  
shaytun
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shaytun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,000
Default

Agree. Looks like what a 991.3 C4S would be. I'm sure it will look great in person. 911s are also very spec dependent.
shaytun is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 01:31 AM
  #2004  
SeymourButts
User
 
SeymourButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 169
Default

Originally Posted by captainkirk View Post
Why is that brake light taped up? omg, it totally looks Ugly. Porsche Engineers & Dealers (you all can persuade people at the Corporate office) - I know so many of you are all in here - why? You know it looks ugly, why go with it.
Looks like parts of rear end are still camouflaged. Brake light will probably look different on final version.
SeymourButts is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:20 AM
  #2005  
JMartinni
User
 
JMartinni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 266
Default

Originally Posted by xstnte View Post
It may have already been said, but the 992 very much reminds me of a modern 964.
This... people saying the car looks more Audi and less Porsche 911 and that the car is losing curves should take a look at older 911s...

You can clearly see how the 992 incorporates design cues from pre-996 generations.

Originally Posted by captainkirk View Post
Why is that brake light taped up? omg, it totally looks Ugly. Porsche Engineers & Dealers (you all can persuade people at the Corporate office) - I know so many of you are all in here - why? You know it looks ugly, why go with it.
It's still a mule...
JMartinni is online now  
Old 08-03-2018, 05:34 AM
  #2006  
xstnte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50
Default




Here's a comparison between 991.2 C4S and the 992.

On the left is mostly the photo as-is from the internet. I did duplicate the center brake light to remove the tape. I also added the Porsche logo and adjusted the bottom of the bumper/license plate area. These photos are obviously of a european-spec vehicle, but the US bumper is slightly different (from photos posted in this thread). I've left the right side of the bumper so you can compare a theoretical US-spec versus European-spec, side-by-side.

On the right, I've darkened the image and created a silhouette of each vehicle. Obviously the photos were not taking at the same place, same distance or with the same lens so I've made a little bit of adjustment for perspective. It's not perfect, but at least you can compare.

Also, I'm trying to do a digital measuring "session" based on most of these photos, need higher res though.

Another side now, how do you access the engine? The louvered vent/intake area looked fixed.
xstnte is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 AM
  #2007  
Jerry991
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 329
Default

It seems that Porsche always uses the polished stainless side window trim on its show/promotional cars.
Jerry991 is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
  #2008  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,500
Default

Originally Posted by xstnte



Here's a comparison between 991.2 C4S and the 992.

On the left is mostly the photo as-is from the internet. I did duplicate the center brake light to remove the tape. I also added the Porsche logo and adjusted the bottom of the bumper/license plate area. These photos are obviously of a european-spec vehicle, but the US bumper is slightly different (from photos posted in this thread). I've left the right side of the bumper so you can compare a theoretical US-spec versus European-spec, side-by-side.

On the right, I've darkened the image and created a silhouette of each vehicle. Obviously the photos were not taking at the same place, same distance or with the same lens so I've made a little bit of adjustment for perspective. It's not perfect, but at least you can compare.

Also, I'm trying to do a digital measuring "session" based on most of these photos, need higher res though.

Another side now, how do you access the engine? The louvered vent/intake area looked fixed.

Nice work! Maybe some of these useless social media "stars" (Kardashian's) should use you for photoshopping themselves instead of the hack jobs they put out

By the way, the third brake light will be incorporated very well into the design. It has to be!!
STG is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 AM
  #2009  
xstnte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by STG View Post
Nice work! Maybe some of these useless social media "stars" (Kardashian's) should use you for photoshopping themselves instead of the hack jobs they put out

By the way, the third brake light will be incorporated very well into the design. It has to be!!
Thanks!

From the bulky plastic bits on the rear vents, it could just be a housing for LED illuminated grille.

xstnte is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:48 AM
  #2010  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,500
Default

Originally Posted by xstnte
Thanks!

From the bulky plastic bits on the rear vents, it could just be a housing for LED illuminated grille.

Now that would be a GREAT design element.

Porsche designers, are you listening??? We know you are. Get on it!!!

They would need to figure out the lights being able to detach from the grill for service. Not brain surgery there.
STG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: