Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   Are you tired of putting golf clubs in your 992? (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1406802-are-you-tired-of-putting-golf-clubs-in-your-992-a.html)

futuregopher 04-08-2024 10:27 AM

Are you tired of putting golf clubs in your 992?

Hello,

I am a recent new to me owner of a 991.1 base pdk (coming from a C8) and I absolutely love it. My father recently has been wanting a convertible and I really want to get him a 991.2 or 992 CPO. His only "problem" is that he and my mom like to golf so they need to fit two golf clubs. I have done some research on here and on youtube and it does seem like two sets of clubs will fit if the rear seats are down and the drivers (or woods?, IDK I don't know anything about golf lol) are put in separately. My parents are in their early 60's and I want them to use the 992 as their daily driver.

My question for the people that do fit golf clubs in your 992 or 991.1 or 991.2 - does it ever get annoying to put the golf clubs in? Or is that effort worth the drive? Have you ever injured yourself? Is the 992 hard to get in and out of assuming you're in decent physical shape?

Thank you!

Maskman 04-08-2024 10:37 AM

I have done it in my 991.2 cab and yes it does work. Just sold it and have a new cab on order for end of July delivery and hoping that it will work in the new car

Master Deep 04-08-2024 11:39 AM

I’ve done it. If it’s just me I’ll toss them on the passenger seat/footwell. I can fit 2 bags in the back with taking the drivers out but it’s a pita so I usually just take one of my suvs. Even harder on coupes. At least I can put the top down to load/unload them.

kim9701 04-08-2024 04:41 PM

I carry a golf bag in the passenger seat and a push cart in the frunk (992 C2). Will two golf bags fit in the rear area with long sticks out? Yes, but it will be a PITA for sure. I wouldn't want to do it every weekend. However, in a convertible, it should be doable and much easier with the top down.

alin2 04-08-2024 05:25 PM

I've traveled on golf trips with 2 sets of clubs in the rear seats plenty of times plus luggage for 2 in the back and frunk. No issues.

When I'm traveling solo, I just the clubs in the front seat.

futuregopher 04-08-2024 08:57 PM

:crying:

bummer! thank you everyone for the insight. It seems like it is do-able but a PITA so I may have to pass on this idea. I just would not want to hassle them with the clubs since they are not getting any younger

Drew46 04-08-2024 09:43 PM

It really is nothing at all. I have a shipping blanket over the back seat and just lay the bag across the back with the driver out and on top. It is well worth the benefit of getting to drive to the course in the car.

F250to911 04-08-2024 10:29 PM

I don't think they would have any trouble. I am in my mid 60's and I have no issue putting my clubs in the back with drivers in the bag. 2 bags should easily fit.

Obviously the convertible would be easier just because you have easy access over the top into the back seat.

rdv 04-09-2024 07:07 AM

They’ll hate it. I hate it. PITA. Buy a Panamera or a Macan for them. They will thank you.

futuregopher 04-09-2024 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maskman (Post 19375465)
I have done it in my 991.2 cab and yes it does work. Just sold it and have a new cab on order for end of July delivery and hoping that it will work in the new car

Originally Posted by Drew46 (Post 19376638)
It really is nothing at all. I have a shipping blanket over the back seat and just lay the bag across the back with the driver out and on top. It is well worth the benefit of getting to drive to the course in the car.

Originally Posted by F250to911 (Post 19376714)
I don't think they would have any trouble. I am in my mid 60's and I have no issue putting my clubs in the back with drivers in the bag. 2 bags should easily fit.

Obviously the convertible would be easier just because you have easy access over the top into the back seat.

Originally Posted by rdv (Post 19377050)
They’ll hate it. I hate it. PITA. Buy a Panamera or a Macan for them. They will thank you.

:banghead:

haha conflicting viewpoints! argh lol

I wish I could get a panamera but he wants a convertible. I figure the next closest thing would be a 992 which some say is a 2 door panamera :to_order: jk lol

slc4s 04-10-2024 04:46 PM

I'll speak for my targa and say that getting clubs in and out completely sucks. I hate it too. Doable... but annoying AF

Bluehighways 04-10-2024 04:51 PM

I don't "DO" Golf. Problem solved! :roflmao:

991.1 Guy 04-10-2024 05:09 PM

Maybe a Corvette? I think they designed them for that ability.

commie 04-11-2024 10:19 AM

I've had my 992 C2S now for the 3rd summer, and I find putting in my golf bag into the back seat to be a non-event. I cover the back seat with mover's blanket and the bag fits pretty nicely. I golf at least once a week during the summer, and have no issues.
However, my golf bag is pretty slim stand bag, not one of those huge tour style cart bags.

futuregopher 04-11-2024 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bluehighways (Post 19379833)
I don't "DO" Golf. Problem solved! :roflmao:

same here :rockon:

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy (Post 19379856)
Maybe a Corvette? I think they designed them for that ability.

They didn't want my C8 so I sold it because it wouldn't fit two sets of golf clubs in the back. It was about 3 inches from the trunk being able to be closed :banghead: But mine was also the hard top so if they want the convertible experience they wouldn't be able to fit any clubs in the back lol

Originally Posted by commie (Post 19380808)
I've had my 992 C2S now for the 3rd summer, and I find putting in my golf bag into the back seat to be a non-event. I cover the back seat with mover's blanket and the bag fits pretty nicely. I golf at least once a week during the summer, and have no issues.
However, my golf bag is pretty slim stand bag, not one of those huge tour style cart bags.

Do you think you would be able to fit two of your bags in there if you take out the drivers? Thank you!