Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 05:04 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Order sent in. We should have them in about 2 weeks then ship out to everyone. At that point everyone will get tracking info. Thank you all.
I'm assuming they'll get to you west coast guys first. So whoever installs it, please post many many pics of the procedure. Thanks. We would've done the same on the east coast.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:07 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,420 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
I'm assuming they'll get to you west coast guys first. So whoever installs it, please post many many pics of the procedure. Thanks. We would've done the same on the east coast.
We will also help w install info for you guys as we do them here. Dont worry! We all will help ea other!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Last edited by SupremePower; 03-02-2023 at 05:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SupremePower:
gthal (03-06-2023), tourenwagen (03-02-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 08:53 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
Forcing the valves fully open 100% at all times you will reduce power on a turbo car.

I had a Renntech valve module for my Mercedes, AMG E63. We Dyno tested it with the fully open valves forced by a module and then removed it and Dino’s with it stock valve function. More torque stock, better turbo operation and pressures that the ECU can properly maintain.

- if you want power and mild sound bump on a 992, add sport cats, and then you’re forced to tune it.
- if you want much more sound, grab an expensive valved aftermarket exhaust or go no valve with SharkWerks (no tunes needed for most cat-back exhaust only options)
This is hard to believe. How much power did you lose? And what’s the logic in losing power with less back pressure? I understand if you went catless and potentially had boost spike (and thus reducing power or throttle flaps closed) due to much less back pressure but with sport or stock cats I would think this would be fine.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 818 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
This is hard to believe. How much power did you lose? And what’s the logic in losing power with less back pressure? I understand if you went catless and potentially had boost spike (and thus reducing power or throttle flaps closed) due to much less back pressure but with sport or stock cats I would think this would be fine.
I’m going to try to explain the logic without getting into the debate about weather or not the logic is sound…picture a garden hose, a small hole drilled in the top and no nozzle on the end. When you turn the water on, what would happen? Well, you would get most of water coming out the end of the hose and Merely a dribble out of the hole you drilled in the top. Why? Path of least resistance. Now, put your hand over the end of the hose, and
you would notice that pressure builds in the hose, and a larger quantity of water would shoot out of the hole you drilled. The back pressure is acting on materials it is in contact with. Replace the hole with a turbo, the end of the hose with an exhaust valve..I’m not advocating this is proper, just explaining how I understand the argument

Last edited by 22992; 03-04-2023 at 11:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ddelallata (03-05-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 22992
I’m going to try to explain the logic without getting into the debate about weather or not the logic is sound…picture a garden hose, a small hole drilled in the top and no nozzle on the end. When you turn the water on, what would happen? Well, you would get most of water coming out the end of the hose and Merely a dribble out of the hole you drilled in the top. Why? Path of least resistance. Now, put your hand over the end of the hose, and
you would notice that pressure builds in the hose, and a larger quantity of water would shoot out of the hole you drilled. The back pressure is acting on materials it is in contact with. Replace the hole with a turbo, the end of the hose with an exhaust valve..I’m not advocating this is proper, just explaining how I understand the argument
I understand the physics of back pressure but the logic I’m trying to understand is how you would lose hp when you free up the flow.

Way too much flow on a turbocharged car will sometimes cause boost spike and in some cars will shut the throttle valve or immediately reduce boost pressure below set point (thus losing power) to prevent leaning out the motor and blowing it up. But with stock cats or even 200 cell cats and just exhaust valve opened, I don’t see how this would cause too much flow to the point of boost spike.

Last edited by Purekoryo; 03-05-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:49 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,565 Likes on 971 Posts

I understand the physics of back pressure but the logic I’m trying to understand is how you would lose hp when you free up the flow.

Way too much flow on a turbocharged car will sometimes cause boost spike and in some cars will shut the throttle valve or immediately reduce boost pressure below set point (thus losing power) to prevent leaning out the motor and blowing it up. But with stock cats or even 200 cell cats and just exhaust valve opened, I don’t see how this would cause too much flow to the point of boost spike.
Someone surely has dyno runs comparing stock PSE to valves open all the time……I would think? If so, they might throw some light on this interesting subject?
Old 03-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

They are saying with less pressure the turbo would spool up slower. As the exhaust valves close and create a Venturi effect, the same volume of gasses exiting a smaller area results in faster flow at a higher pressure, spooling the turbo faster and flowing exhaust gasses away from the cylinders quicker than a no restriction system
Old 03-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

They are saying with less pressure the turbo would spool up slower. As the exhaust valves close and create a Venturi effect, the same volume of gasses exiting a smaller area results in faster flow at a higher pressure, spooling the turbo faster and flowing exhaust gasses away from the cylinders quicker than a no restriction system
That doesn’t make sense. Freeing up flow downstream would allow turbo to spool faster and sometimes too fast causing a boost spike.

I think I may have answered my own question. Going to buy one of these bad boys and see for myself!
Old 03-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Burning Brakes

That doesn’t make sense. Freeing up flow downstream would allow turbo to spool faster and sometimes too fast causing a boost spike.

I think I may have answered my own question. Going to buy one of these bad boys and see for myself!
lol…I bought one too
Old 03-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

lol…I bought one too
nice! Let us know your impressions on the sound!
22992 (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 07:05 PM
Fcassells
Instructor

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Rennlist should be renamed EnablerList... I bought that damn JCR exhaust group buy to match this group buy... summer time will be loud.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fcassells:
22992 (03-21-2023), tourenwagen (03-21-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 09:13 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fcassells
Rennlist should be renamed EnablerList... I bought that damn JCR exhaust group buy to match this group buy... summer time will be loud.
It doesn't make sense not to buy the two together.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:03 AM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
It doesn't make sense not to buy the two together.
It does if you ended up buying the JCR non-valved 😉
Old 03-10-2023, 03:52 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TN_3
It does if you ended up buying the JCR non-valved 😉
No one can be that dumb... 🤭
TimD (06-12-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 12:01 AM
unskirted