Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 08:31 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 1,769 Posts

The fob works perfectly fine. It's because the homelink puts signal out from there front of the car and the Cargraphic is behind the metal firewall in there back of the car.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:44 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

So why Homelink always works to open the valves? If signal wasn't reaching back there, the valves wouldn't open either. But since remotes work, I'm stumped what it is. Maybe the owner is opening the valves in the garage, where the signal bounces on the walls, and reach the rear? At any rate, I'd just leave the valves open all the time. Ha ha. But now I'm curious what's the issue. Please keep us posted . Good luck.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 818 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
That's not good. If the valves are always opening, it means Homelink is reliably and consistently reaching the module. And also that Homelink is programmed correctly, so there has to be an issue with the Cargraphic module, no? Especially if it's not working at all now. Hopefully Flat6 has an answer of why that's happening. And how about with the remotes? Do they work, at least? Hope so.
My remotes work fine. Only homelink is inconsistent. I’ve tried “bouncing” signal off my closed garage door by parking very closely to it. Thks did not improve reliability of the homelink solution, nor did operating in the garage.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:15 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I wrote to Supreme Power for help. Eric sent a note to Cargraphic and we await a reply. Until then, Eric shared with me prior tips from Cargraphic which he suggested I try. I tried the first one, which is essentially a reset. It didn't work. I deleted and re-programmed the Homelink. It seems worse now. Looks like the fob is going to have to remain close by.

I do have some information from Cargraphic when we had some questions about programming and what not maybe something here especially the first one may prove to be helpful as its a reset. Still guessing but hopefully it can help?

Please try the following to solve the problem:
Start the car - the exhaust button in the vehicle must be INACTIVE (valves closed).

Then press button 1 on the remote control 6-10 times in a row and the problem should be solved.”
“Activating our exhaust valve control unit by pressing a button on the remote control overlays the original valve control.

Only when our exhaust valve control unit is deactivated by pressing a button on our remote control can the OEM-/ factory on-board button be used again as usual.”

The start mode can be freely programmed as required. Last state: Press the button for "Sport mode" 5 times within 5 seconds.

Other modes: Press the button for the mode you want to program as the start mode for about ten seconds.

The valves open and close 5 times to confirm the successful programming of the start mode.”
Old 05-24-2023, 08:24 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Audio clips of Cargraphic valve open. Taken during my daily morning drive to add miles.

One clip is with the windows closed from a stop shifting through gears. The other clip is the windows open on the highway driving next to a median barrier. Kind of hard to tell. Hopefully the links work. Plus YouTube clip. (My low fuel light works! Lol)

Oh and remember, it's not broken in yet so I'm keeping the revs low and my foot not more than half throttle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8bj42eb6t...%20AM.m4a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhy5m2xbs0...%20AM.m4a?dl=0

The following 3 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
DocM (05-24-2023), incoming992s (05-24-2023), tourenwagen (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 10:29 AM
DocM
Instructor

Received 273 Likes on 73 Posts

I still think that it's moronic that Porsche restricts it's own sport exhaust like this. Other (Euro) brands are guilty too.

Last edited by DocM; 05-24-2023 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:54 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,466 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Audio clips of Cargraphic valve open. Taken during my daily morning drive to add miles.

One clip is with the windows closed from a stop shifting through gears. The other clip is the windows open on the highway driving next to a median barrier. Kind of hard to tell. Hopefully the links work. Plus YouTube clip. (My low fuel light works! Lol)

Oh and remember, it's not broken in yet so I'm keeping the revs low and my foot not more than half throttle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8bj42eb6t...%20AM.m4a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhy5m2xbs0...%20AM.m4a?dl=0
https://youtu.be/iyQ33mMYp2A
That sounds great! Really wakes up those lower revs
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:03 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,658 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam

You need gas!
AdamIsAdam (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:09 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,521 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by DocM
I still think that it's moronic that Porsche restricts it's own sport exhaust like this. Other Euro brands are guilty too.
pretty much any car manufacturer with valved exhausts do...not just Euro brands. All do it to comply with dB levels and to suit the 90% customer base who care less about sound.
DocM (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:22 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

So here's a question dumb question for y'all If I disconnect both valve wires and start the car, it will sound exactly the same as having the cargraphic module installed, but will throw a CEL.

If I then replace the wires afterwards, will it remove the CEL or do I then need to pay the dealership a visit to clear the codes?
Old 05-24-2023, 11:34 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,565 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
So here's a question dumb question for y'all If I disconnect both valve wires and start the car, it will sound exactly the same as having the cargraphic module installed, but will throw a CEL.

If I then replace the wires afterwards, will it remove the CEL or do I then need to pay the dealership a visit to clear the codes?
You can try it, but I think the Cargraphic electronics box also prevents the P0476 OBD2 code for valve range performance errors which then prevents the CEL. Soul has a chip for the GT3 that does the same thing. Unplug the valves and plug the Soul chip into the pigtail. Valves open all the time and no CEL.
tourenwagen (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:39 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Fullyield
You can try it, but I think the Cargraphic electronics box also prevents the P0476 OBD2 code for valve range performance errors which then prevents the CEL. Soul has a chip for the GT3 that does the same thing. Unplug the valves and plug the Soul chip into the pigtail. Valves open all the time and no CEL.
Oh I should have mentioned, I dont have the Cargraphic unit yet. Wanting to sound what it will sound like through my JCR titanium exhaust. Unplugging the valves will have the same effect but just checking thats not going to grenade my PCM
Old 05-24-2023, 12:26 PM
stef@europipe
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 361 Likes on 167 Posts

You’ll get a CEL with reduced power (limp mode) but the CEL will go away all by itself when you reconnect the plugs.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:28 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 269 Posts

Oh I should have mentioned, I dont have the Cargraphic unit yet. Wanting to sound what it will sound like through my JCR titanium exhaust. Unplugging the valves will have the same effect but just checking thats not going to grenade my PCM
I have the Cargraphic with my Akrapovic and it sounds fantastic.
tourenwagen (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 12:44 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brianja
I have the Cargraphic with my Akrapovic and it sounds fantastic.
My plan is to tune it pretty soon which will have the valve open mod but I'm halfway through break-in. Just getting antsy to hear it properly! Might just grab a CG unit in the interim.
brianja (05-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit