Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabriolet "hump" versus Targa "hump"

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 10:55 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 991 Likes on 322 Posts

Targa GTS vs Turbo S Cab. It really shows how much wider the turbo is!

The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:23 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 942 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee

Thanks! I have a secret desire to see a Turbo cab converted to Targa!
Old 01-14-2023, 04:13 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,189 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee

Did I catch this correctly? The turbo is wider but the spoiler lines remain the same. It so, in theory the sport classic ducktail should work??
Old 01-14-2023, 09:43 PM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
If you have any inclination to put any sized human into the back seat of a Targa, there's no room there. The Targa and Cabrio both have smaller and more vertical backseats than the Coupe. In the Cabrio with the top down, you can fit a human back there. It won't be comfortable, but it's possible. Ingress/Egress for the Targa backseat is awful and when you do manage to wedge yourself back there, your head is hitting the Targa bar or the glass. Fun fact: Since the 991, the roof elements of both the Targa and Cabriolet use magnesium for their roof structures.
Do you mean any size adult human, or are you including kids? Any chance the Targa could work for kids with car seats? What about kids and booster seat?
Old 01-15-2023, 07:54 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,196 Likes on 3,027 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
Do you mean any size adult human, or are you including kids? Any chance the Targa could work for kids with car seats? What about kids and booster seat?
The Targa bar structure really limits what you can put back there and how you can access it. If the kid is big enough to climb back there themselves into a booster and buckle up on their own, I would put it at a “mayb”e, but even then, that’s a pretty narrow age/height range.

If you’re planning on rearward facing seats or even a front facing seat with a baby/toddler, it’s a big nope. If the kid is small enough that you’ll have to carry them out while they are sleeping, it’s not going to work.

For realistic and regular transport of kids, a coupe is the more viable choice, but to be clear, it’s still a compromised experience. You’re not putting rearward facing seats back there — babies and any two door simply doesn’t work if you like it when they are asleep. Then, once the kid approaches 5ft, it stops working altogether. Parents have to be short to give the kids some legroom. If your kids are 8-12 and can ride without child/booster seats, it’s great.

Now, I am sure that someone will scoff at this and show some rearward facing seat that actually fit and tout the 911 as their family car, but unless they’ve got a picture of the backseat filled with crushed cheerios and/or goldfish crackers, I call BS. 🤪

The following users liked this post:
Cokerrat (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Cabriolet "hump" versus Targa "hump"