Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with a GTS ordered, post your build

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Metro
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Metro;18107296]ordered end of March a racing yellow 911 Carrera 4 GTS coupé! And the next Christmas will be the best Christmas ever!!!!
I copied the wrong code. This is the right one: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNF62AA7
It's a racing yellow one
Old 04-28-2022, 10:29 PM
Tun16
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is my build www.porsche-code.com/PNAS4FW4 It froze today with an August delivery (but who really knows these days) I really struggled with the color choice. For months was going with Shark blue, I decided to drive 3 hours to see a 992 GTS in shark blue in person. Its an amazing color, especially against the black center locks but decided it was not me. I have not had a 911 for 25 years. The last one I owned was an 83, 911SE, dark blue. Needles to say I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by Tun16; 04-28-2022 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:14 AM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 119 Posts
Smile New 2022 GTS Cabriolet

Finally back into a 992 a year and a half after selling my 2020 back to the dealership. Just picked up my 2022 GTS and what a sweet beast. https://www.porsche-code.com/PNJ4N2G3

Last edited by Schwarz992C4S; 05-14-2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:27 AM
zarby
AutoX

Received 27 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the call today that I have a build slot for delivery later this year! First Porsche for me. Been such a journey to get to this point.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNR86G69
I'm going in this Friday to finalise the spec! If anyone has any input, happy to hear it!

Old 05-11-2022, 08:52 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,658 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by zarby
Got the call today that I have a build slot for delivery later this year! First Porsche for me. Been such a journey to get to this point.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNR86G69
I'm going in this Friday to finalise the spec! If anyone has any input, happy to hear it!
Beautiful build!

I am sure you will get lots of opinions of "must haves" and "waste of moneys" and many will contradict, so take mine with a grain of salt. But I would consider going with the black calipers - or even having them painted Carmine Red by a good shop. Having the 2 reds seems (to me) to detract from the amazing color of the car.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (05-11-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 03:58 PM
Tifoso
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 49 Posts

Here's my C4 GTS -- July build.

After some debate, I went for a very classic, understated 911 vibe with GT Silver and model deletes. My build philosophy was to try to take advantage of the GTS-specific options that differentiate it from the other Carrera models (e.g., GTS interior, centerlock wheels), without veering too far towards GT3 territory with the lightweight package, LWB seats, carbon brakes, etc. I wanted it to remain a very capable and fun touring car for weekend trips, not a track-focused special.

Surprised at how few manual tranny GTS builds there are on here. Also, surprised that I don't think I saw any rear wipers spec'd. I think they're a cool historic touch and very unique to the 911....and cheap to boot!

Drew46 (05-14-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 02:39 AM
Gr33n
Instructor

Received 330 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr33n
So despite my handle and originally spec'ing Aventurine Green, nostalgia has gotten the best of me and I decided to completely reimagine my GTS build in Guards Red. The first car I fell in love with was my uncle's 930 Turbo in GR, which was also the first car poster on my childhood bedroom's wall. I placed a deposit back in November, and I'm still waiting for an allocation (things work a little differently here in Japan), but I've been assured by my SA that I should have the car by year end. The weakening yen against the dollar is actually creating something a discount for me, so I have no problem being patient a while longer!

I am using the US configurator to match my Japanese build as best I can, as I reckon the majority of you guys can't read Japanese. My vehicle will be RHD, and thus the extra capacity fuel tank is not an option (and I may have forgotten to check a few things that come standard here). I have had quite a while to think about the build now, and I had the pleasure of seeing (and taking a ride in) a local friend's gorgeous new 992 GTS, so my build is basically locked. Given that I opted for the much louder GR exterior, my concept is to keep the interior very simple with the GTS interior package with extensive leather. I personally prefer the standard dark aluminum over the carbon fiber on the GTS interior package, and I don't need deviated stitching or colored gages. The only interior flourish I am interested in is the seat backs in leather with the GR insert - but I might drop that, since my kids will be riding with me on occasion. Open to opinions there, such as opting for the full leather instead of painted insert. Also, is the ionizer worth it? Tokyo doesn't have much pollution, but the missus has a pollen allergy - any noticeable difference with it running?

On the outside, I am actually thinking about deleting the GTS and model designation on rear just to give a cleaner look. While it disappeared from the configurator, I will definitely be adding the rear fender pebble guards in black as a homage to the 930 (SA already offered them, or I can just order some from Suncoast/ have a local PPF shop make a set). If the Aerokit magically becomes available, I am inclined to add that and then wrap the upper deck in matte black to match the other matte accents/continue the 930 look (I like the matte look over the gloss black, especially after seeing the satin black Turbo wheels in person).

Anyway, here's the build code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3DWD90
My number finally came up and I'm slated for an August build/November delivery. Build locks at the end of the month, so please let me know if you guys have any opinions on the above or any must have additions I might be missing. On holiday in LA and my son spotted a Shark Blue GTS in the SoCal sunshine and was raving about how good it looked. I'm not the biggest fan (I would go Miami Blue if it wasn't PTS post 2020), but taking him on drives and getting him into car culture is a huge motivator for me making this purchase. We also drove by a Python Green C2S, which - shockingly - my wife said *she* really liked. I told myself I was dead set on GR for the nostalgia factor, but now I feel like I'm back at square one with the color choice! Honestly, if I were to ignore the wife and son, I might be inclined to choose lava orange with black calipers and call it a day!
Old 05-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Correlon75
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

My number finally came up and I'm slated for an August build/November delivery. Build locks at the end of the month, so please let me know if you guys have any opinions on the above or any must have additions I might be missing. On holiday in LA and my son spotted a Shark Blue GTS in the SoCal sunshine and was raving about how good it looked. I'm not the biggest fan (I would go Miami Blue if it wasn't PTS post 2020), but taking him on drives and getting him into car culture is a huge motivator for me making this purchase. We also drove by a Python Green C2S, which - shockingly - my wife said *she* really liked. I told myself I was dead set on GR for the nostalgia factor, but now I feel like I'm back at square one with the color choice! Honestly, if I were to ignore the wife and son, I might be inclined to choose lava orange with black calipers and call it a day!

Visited one of my best HS friends this weekend, he had this in the garage... It might help with your decision, stunning color! Maybe not as far as getting it on the wheels, but heck, it is his car! LOL
Old 05-13-2022, 12:40 PM
rbrenn
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Tifoso, love your GT Silver 4GTS Coupe with the rear wiper; what I'm getting. I went with the Black/Bordeaux Red leather 930 interior.
Tifoso (05-15-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Correlon75
Advanced

@Tifoso, have been debating a lot on the GTS interior for that same reason. Trying to get options that are available for the GTS only. I have a Cayenne GTS with upgraded leather package, so only Race-Tex left is in the roof lining. It looks awesome, but wondering how much maintenance would be if I get it on seats, etc... Decisions, decisions, decisions... Great built nonetheless!
Tifoso (05-15-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 12:51 PM
rbrenn
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Correlon75, can't go wrong either way, personal decision. I had the full GTS interior package on my 2016 Cayman GTS (except leather steering wheel) - looked great, held me in my seat (particularly at the track). This time around I was going for a different look and like the very classic GT Silver exterior with the Black/red interior. Also, the 930 package makes the leather option a bit more special and classic. As an aside, you also get the option of cooled seats when you go leather.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:48 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,658 Likes on 784 Posts

So, Revel (think Lime or or Byrd for scooters) has its service cars all around NYC and they have ruined Miami Blue for me.

Old 05-14-2022, 04:48 PM
Correlon75
Advanced

Originally Posted by rbrenn
Correlon75, can't go wrong either way, personal decision. I had the full GTS interior package on my 2016 Cayman GTS (except leather steering wheel) - looked great, held me in my seat (particularly at the track). This time around I was going for a different look and like the very classic GT Silver exterior with the Black/red interior. Also, the 930 package makes the leather option a bit more special and classic. As an aside, you also get the option of cooled seats when you go leather.
@rbrenn , thank you for the input. You are correct about the ventilated seats if you go with leather. I need them, I live in an area where summers are extreme!
Old 05-14-2022, 08:10 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

QUESTION......... IF I GET MY ALLOCATION HERE IN THE NEXT MONTH WILL I BE SPEC-ING A 2023 MODEL?

THANK YOU
EXFIB (07-04-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 08:17 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
QUESTION......... IF I GET MY ALLOCATION HERE IN THE NEXT MONTH WILL I BE SPEC-ING A 2023 MODEL?

THANK YOU
IT DEPENDS, BUT STRONG POSSIBILITY.

But in all seriousness, I doubt there are any meaningful changes for MY23, except the price increase.

Quick Reply: Those with a GTS ordered, post your build