Sponsored by:

In Nav, Favorites/Destinations appear and disappear

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 03:31 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,189 Posts
Default In Nav, Favorites/Destinations appear and disappear

Anyone have a solution that would allow the PCM Navigation function to retain Destinations/Favorites with a cell phone connected via Bluetooth or the USB Port?

Here is what I’m experiencing:

With my iPhone out of range, all of my “Saved” Favorites appear. Both those I sent from the Porsche “My Connect” site as well as those added directly to the PCM are present. If I bring my iPhone into the car with the phone Bluetooth turned off nothing changes. I can still see and access all my Favorites/Destinations. But, turn on the iPhone Bluetooth and as soon as it connects to the car, all my saved Destinations/Favorites disappear. Turn the iPhone Bluetooth back off and everything instantly reappears. Now with Bluetooth turned off, if I plug the iPhone into the USB Port, once again, all my saved Destinations/Favorites disappear.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:52 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 835 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Anyone have a solution that would allow the PCM Navigation function to retain Destinations/Favorites with a cell phone connected via Bluetooth or the USB Port?

Here is what I’m experiencing:

With my iPhone out of range, all of my “Saved” Favorites appear. Both those I sent from the Porsche “My Connect” site as well as those added directly to the PCM are present. If I bring my iPhone into the car with the phone Bluetooth turned off nothing changes. I can still see and access all my Favorites/Destinations. But, turn on the iPhone Bluetooth and as soon as it connects to the car, all my saved Destinations/Favorites disappear. Turn the iPhone Bluetooth back off and everything instantly reappears. Now with Bluetooth turned off, if I plug the iPhone into the USB Port, once again, all my saved Destinations/Favorites disappear.
I have the same issue. I think it’s related to the car connecting to Apple CarPlay.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:50 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,189 Posts

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I have the same issue. I think it’s related to the car connecting to Apple CarPlay.
I don't believe that's it. I have Bluetooth turned off for CarPlay on my iPhone. The result being that CarPlay could only be a factor if/when I plugged the iPhone into the USB Port.
I don't know if or how it's related, but I can't run directions on Google Maps (on my iPhone) AND the PCM Map directions at the same time. If Google Maps directions (on my iPhone) are turned on, the PCM Maps direction function is turned off. This does not turn the PCM Maps function off, just the directions function is turned off.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:19 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

So Apple induced interference but not through CarPlay. And Google doesn’t interfere that way. I don’t have a solution but that’s so Apple. I have an audio company friend who’s had to deal with them to become officially Apple compatible on multiple audio products.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:04 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
So Apple induced interference but not through CarPlay. And Google doesn’t interfere that way. I don’t have a solution but that’s so Apple. I have an audio company friend who’s had to deal with them to become officially Apple compatible on multiple audio products.
Apple is far from alone in this type of thing, assuming of course this particular behaviour is indeed Apple software related. Google is immensely intrusive in many ways and on many platforms, as are others but less profile so less talked about.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (03-24-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 08:53 AM
findtom
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 88 Posts

I have had an issue for the last 12 months where the car saves my favourites saved places, (in the Porsche sat nav) and then deletes them after 30 days. Porsche UK found a line in the manual that says if you use the online portal to save your favourites they will be auto deleted after 30 days. Firstly, it seems utter madness to design a system that allows you create and edit favourites online, that then download to your car that deletes them after 30 days?!? However, while I have created some online, I saved some of them while sat in the car and yet they are often deleted too. It's a mess.

The issue is with Porsche Germany, but in the 12 months I have been reporting the issue there has not been a fix.

Porsche, great cars, but very poor software.....
The following users liked this post:
Bluehighways (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 09:32 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 7,724 Likes on 2,886 Posts

Before powering up the car, launch the Porsche Connect app on your iPhone. When your phone connects to the car, the destinations will pop over.

It appears that iOS doesn’t alway start Porsche connect when it should. I suspect that many of these “PCM” issues are actually on Apple’s end.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:54 AM
Joan Alcover
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
I have had an issue for the last 12 months where the car saves my favourites saved places, (in the Porsche sat nav) and then deletes them after 30 days. Porsche UK found a line in the manual that says if you use the online portal to save your favourites they will be auto deleted after 30 days. Firstly, it seems utter madness to design a system that allows you create and edit favourites online, that then download to your car that deletes them after 30 days?!? However, while I have created some online, I saved some of them while sat in the car and yet they are often deleted too. It's a mess.

The issue is with Porsche Germany, but in the 12 months I have been reporting the issue there has not been a fix.

Porsche, great cars, but very poor software.....
See this thread; the problem appears and disappears; probably some "system maintenance" going on at Porsche:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...favorites.html
Old 04-20-2021, 05:22 AM
findtom
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine has now been fixed. I had an email from Porsche UK last week, they have completed some backend work. Hopefully it's a world wide solution?

Regards,

Tom
Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM
Joan Alcover
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
Mine has now been fixed. I had an email from Porsche UK last week, they have completed some backend work. Hopefully it's a world wide solution?
Regards,
Tom
The problem reappeared in June 2021.
Porsche Smart Mobility did not answer, so I had my dealer contact them.
It took Porsche Smart Mobility more than a month to get back to the dealer and the problem appears to have been solved.
Interestingly, Porsche Smart Mobility contacted me again (after the solution) and their recommendation is as follows:
  • Connect to you car's PCM
  • Go to APPS -> OPTIONS -> Porsche ID settings -> Observe connexion status of Porsche ID
  • Go to APPS -> OPTIONS -> Porsche ID settings -> Suppress Porsche ID
  • WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES AT LEAST
  • Create new PCM entry with the Porsche ID you suppressed.

Last edited by Joan Alcover; 07-29-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: In Nav, Favorites/Destinations appear and disappear