Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   Production Delays? (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1235060-production-delays.html)

butrcrm 02-01-2021 03:08 PM

Production Delays?

Anyone else have a car about to be built and having a significant bump to the build timeline?

Car entered body shop on 1/22, was expected to have production complete by 1/29. No update on TYD, so got dealer tracking and it’s now showing expected production complete on 2/26.

SA thinks it may be supplier issue. Car has pretty standard options, so if this car is delayed, I would assume others may be too.

detansinn 02-01-2021 03:12 PM

This is part of ordering a car in the COVID-era. There are a lot of supply chain delays and Porsche isn't immune to these challenges.

aggie57 02-01-2021 03:13 PM

Many manufacturers are experiencing delays at the moment; a friend in the industry says there are issues with chip suppliers with broad impact, as an example.

aggie57 02-01-2021 03:17 PM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chips-a...em-11610630859
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/busin...ers/index.html

fl0950 02-01-2021 03:37 PM

I placed an order on December 3 for a C2S; car arrives at my dealer this week. About 60 days in total, which surprised me in light of some other members' experiences.

butrcrm 02-01-2021 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by fl0950 (Post 17204128)
I placed an order on December 3 for a C2S; car arrives at my dealer this week. About 60 days in total, which surprised me in light of some other members' experiences.

That’s a great turnaround time. I placed mine in mid December with a freeze date about a week later and now being quoted an estimated delivery in mid April.

BlitzedTT 02-01-2021 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by butrcrm (Post 17204154)
That’s a great turnaround time. I placed mine in mid December with a freeze date about a week later and now being quoted an estimated delivery in mid April.

Are you willing to provide a build code? or the build list? Want to see if there is anything on there that is unique (as compared to what I've ordered)
I just froze on 1/29 and the dates haven't changed yet - mid-april delivery as well

Thanks!

butrcrm 02-01-2021 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BlitzedTT (Post 17204244)
Are you willing to provide a build code? or the build list? Want to see if there is anything on there that is unique (as compared to what I've ordered)
I just froze on 1/29 and the dates haven't changed yet - mid-april delivery as well

Thanks!

Sure, code is PM7I4ZU9. I think you’ll find it to be a pretty standard options list, so may be something on the common components side to Aggie and Detansins point.

To clarify, the TYD dates have not been updating, rather, missing estimated milestones which is why I requested the dealer tracking. That is where all of the dates are now showing as delayed by a month. Estimated delivery went from mid March to mid April, driven by the production completion being pushed out a month.

Your dates may or may not change if it’s expected that things are back on track by the time your car is expected to hit the body shop, but may be worth checking with your SA.

drcollie 02-01-2021 05:09 PM

Audi/VW is experiencing computer chip supply issues and has of a major slowdown, it has to be affecting Porsche as well I would suspect.

butrcrm 02-01-2021 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 17204313)
Audi/VW is experiencing computer chip supply issues and has of a major slowdown, it has to be affecting Porsche as well I would suspect.

Seems to be the case. From what I had read a couple weeks ago, sounded like it was limited more so to some of the European makes and more mainstream models - but this delay definitely seems like the scope may have expanded Porsche.

BlitzedTT 02-01-2021 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by butrcrm (Post 17204274)
Sure, code is PM7I4ZU9. I think you’ll find it to be a pretty standard options list, so may be something on the common components side to Aggie and Detansins point.

To clarify, the TYD dates have not been updating, rather, missing estimated milestones which is why I requested the dealer tracking. That is where all of the dates are now showing as delayed by a month. Estimated delivery went from mid March to mid April, driven by the production completion being pushed out a month.

Your dates may or may not change if it’s expected that things are back on track by the time your car is expected to hit the body shop, but may be worth checking with your SA.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll have to ping my SA.

gohawks23 02-01-2021 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by butrcrm (Post 17204330)
Seems to be the case. From what I had read a couple weeks ago, sounded like it was limited more so to some of the European makes and more mainstream models - but this delay definitely seems like the scope may have expanded Porsche.

When I've been involved with these types of chip shortages typically the chip manufacturer allocates large global companies a certain amount of devices (obviously quantities less than demand) and then it is up to C level management at that company to decide where the chips go within their global spectrum.

pitt911 02-01-2021 06:52 PM

my car has been moving ahead of schedule.It was supposed to be at dealer early April, now moved to 3/19 and I just received a notification that production is done , but unfortunately having trouble accessing TYD

dgtarga 02-01-2021 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by pitt911 (Post 17204578)
my car has been moving ahead of schedule.It was supposed to be at dealer early April, now moved to 3/19 and I just received a notification that production is done , but unfortunately having trouble accessing TYD

TYD is notoriously unreliable. PSVM system is updated at the end of each day. Would ask dealer to check if you have any questions.

RD16RR 02-01-2021 08:53 PM

TTS Cab - Ordered July 2020...arrived end of December - sat in production for 3 to 4 weeks before being released to port (Edmen) - at the time my dealer suspected the options I selected held it up which many feel is typical when you get free and easy on the option check off list - TYD only showed entry to production then nothing else until it left for port - my dealer was always helpful running a screen to show its current status, which came back with "held in production" - took 5mos, in total, to arrive