Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did PECLA this weekend, Recommend for everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 07:02 PM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Did PECLA this weekend, Recommend for everyone!

I had planned on doing this just before the pandemic, finally got around to doing it this weekend. It was truly awesome to drive the Carrera S the way it was intended - and not on public roads which put everyone at risk. No risk of hitting a tree, or person, or whatever. Just unbridled fast driving! As a new owner, no words to explain pushing the car to the limits around the track, full throttle, just abusing the car as it was intended. Redlining, slamming brakes, all of it! I was speechless how well the C2S handled. Most fun I've had in a long time, was smiling the whole time. Lots of talk about speed, but most impressive was braking! Very cool to do all this stuff in a car that isn't yours!!! Ha.

If you're on the fence or wondering if it is worth it, I'd say 100% worth it. If you have this car, you need to have a chance to really drive it in a track setting. Now that I have the bug, I have to find a local track and get into tracking this car from time to time.
The following 2 users liked this post by PJSD:
aggie57 (09-06-2020), AlexCeres (09-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 08:08 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 151 Posts

Couldn’t agree more. I took one of the last deliveries at PECLA (Feb 28th) before COVID had California put shelter in place into effect. The whole setup is incredible - and they have such a welcoming approach, even my wife loved it.

Did you do the remote training with the instructor driving behind/ahead of you? If so, how was it? I have a buddy turning 40 shortly and was thinking of gifting him the experience.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:30 PM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

Yeah, it was the remote training, worked great. I think it's even better than having another person in the car, more privacy and you can have more freedom to push the limits b/c you're in separate cars. It would be a great gift.

It would be better if they equipped the cars with GoPro videos so you can have some video of going around the track. They could charge a nominal fee to participants for the video.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (09-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:30 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,283 Posts

An excellent book to take a look at, before going to the Atlanta or the L.A. Experience Center and/or even more so, before tracking your car is: "Driving in Competition" by Alan Johnson. I believe that it's available on Amazon (used) for less than $20.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bluehighways; 09-06-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:05 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 645 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
An excellent book to take a look at, before going to the Atlanta or the L.A. Experience Center and/or even more so, before tracking your car is: "Driving in Competition" by Alan Johnson. I believe that it's available on Amazon (used) for less than $20.
I have that book--although forgot I did--very cool!

Quick Reply: Did PECLA this weekend, Recommend for everyone!