Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 992 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2024, 10:44 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
I purchased the 911 kit here: https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/pr...treatment-kit/

Results are very good so far, noticeable difference in road noise from the doors. I am not finished. I can tell the rear wheel wells are a major contributor. That is upcomming phase 2 .
Have you measured dBs?
Old 07-30-2024, 10:54 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Is it more than just doors and rear 1/4s?

This seems like a generic kit. There is really no details - and it says it fits all 911s. A pre-cut kit should not fit across generations.
The kit needs to be custom fitted per application: the 911 kit simply provides enough material to do a 911. There is enough to do doors and full rear as well as fender liners. Some general DIY skill is required but his videos are very clear on the function of each material as well as applying it.

I have this in my GT3 touring which is a very noisy cabin from the factory. I have had people go back to back in my car and the difference is profound. To be honest this is now a must do mod for any car I buy.
The following users liked this post:
Earle (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 10:55 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 534 Posts

agree 100% with @dixonk - the Resonix upgrade is the BEST mod I've done to my GT3 - amazing results, and especially when paired with the Musicar system. Totally transformed my GT3, and makes it much more enjoyable. The installation is not difficult, but is time consuming if you do it correctly, but probably the most important upgrade in my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by f4bones:
dixonk (07-30-2024), Earle (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 10:59 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4bones
agree 100% with @dixonk - the Resonix upgrade is the BEST mod I've done to my GT3 - amazing results, and especially when paired with the Musicar system. Totally transformed my GT3, and makes it much more enjoyable. The installation is not difficult, but is time consuming if you do it correctly, but probably the most important upgrade in my opinion.
I thought of it as quality time with the car. Disclaimer: the rear panels are tough to get out the first time. And that butyl rope is one of the better materials in the kit. With the interior out I used that stuff everywhere. Zero squeaks, rattles, or buzzing in the car. Just tunes, exhaust, and intake.

At first I opted to not do the fender liners. One day I had the wheels off the car and decided to pop them off and add in the material there. Game changer. Not hearing all the pebbles and stones slinging up on the car takes off the anxiety of feeling like the car is getting damaged from stones.
The following 2 users liked this post by dixonk:
Earle (07-30-2024), freesole (08-02-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 11:01 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
I thought of it as quality time with the car. Disclaimer: the rear panels are tough to get out the first time. And that butyl rope is one of the better materials in the kit. With the interior out I used that stuff everywhere. Zero squeaks, rattles, or buzzing in the car. Just tunes, exhaust, and intake.

At first I opted to not do the fender liners. One day I had the wheels off the car and decided to pop them off and add in the material there. Game changer. Not hearing all the pebbles and stones slinging up on the car takes off the anxiety of feeling like the car is getting damaged from stones.
Would this see the same benefit on a TTS?
Old 07-30-2024, 11:05 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CM991
Would this see the same benefit on a TTS?
Yes. You still have the resonant body panels, empty quarter panels, empty doors, empty fender liners, road noise and tire noise. It may have more sound deadening from the factory but even on the Carrera and Turbo cars there isn’t much there. Squeaks and rattles seems to be a Porsche specialty too and to me is more annoying than road noise.

@ResoNix Sound Solutions has you covered.
Earle (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 11:10 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Yes. You still have the resonant body panels, empty quarter panels, empty doors, empty fender liners, road noise and tire noise. It may have more sound deadening from the factory but even on the Carrera and Turbo cars there isn’t much there. Squeaks and rattles seems to be a Porsche specialty too and to me is more annoying than road noise.

@ResoNix Sound Solutions has you covered.
Any decibel readings before and after?
Earle (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 11:23 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 111 Posts

and also the weight before and after
Old 07-30-2024, 11:26 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Any decibel readings before and after?
He has the data in his videos and possibly website. I did not take decimal readings. Check out his YouTube channel there is a lot to take in.
Earle (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 12:37 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 98 Posts

Have you measured dBs?
No, I don't have the proper equipment to take accurate measurements. I did study the data Nick provided and agree with his methods, analysis and data. I do not see the value in attempting to replicate his testing.

I will say my personal perception of road noise attenuation is significant. In my post I mention I have only treated the doors. I can tell that the front of the car is quieter, I am hearing much more road noice coming from the rear wheel areas.
It is interesting doing the modifications in stages. I could identify what was treated and what was not during my test drives.
The following 2 users liked this post by Earle:
CM991 (07-30-2024), dixonk (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 12:48 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan006
and also the weight before and after
I knew this topic was going to come up! I may have an answer when I am finished.

Here is the weight of my brand new C2S - manual, no sunroof, no PPF, no dirt, new tires, days after bringing it home - 175 miles, This is with a full tank of gas (23gal):

2024 C2S, MT, no sunroof, full tank 23gal

When I am done with the install I will put it on the scales again.

Note: I'm not a small guy, 6'2" 235lbs. If I am concerned about the weight of my car I will loose some weight. Probably a good idea anyway. I am sure I could make up the difference.
The following 3 users liked this post by Earle:
Bluehighways (07-31-2024), Dan006 (07-30-2024), dixonk (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 01:06 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

I will say I am intimidated removing the rear quarter panels, that task does not sound like fun. Once they are off and it's open, no problem. I paid $$ for my Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior I don't want to bugger it up!
Any tips or Youtube vids for guidance would be appreciated!

I was planning on doing the fender liners, good to know it is worthwhile!

This is my daily driver, I am woking on dialing it in for the most enjoyment and comfort as possible. I plan on spending a significant amount of time in the drivers seat. I have 3004 miles on the car in 81 days of ownership
Old 07-30-2024, 01:09 PM
ClickClickBoom
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Why not just weight the box the product comes in?

Originally Posted by Earle
I knew this topic was going to come up! I may have an answer when I am finished.

Here is the weight of my brand new C2S - manual, no sunroof, no PPF, no dirt, new tires, days after bringing it home - 175 miles, This is with a full tank of gas (23gal):

2024 C2S, MT, no sunroof, full tank 23gal

When I am done with the install I will put it on the scales again.

Note: I'm not a small guy, 6'2" 235lbs. If I am concerned about the weight of my car I will loose some weight. Probably a good idea anyway. I am sure I could make up the difference.
Old 07-30-2024, 01:32 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=ClickClickBoom;19571943]Why not just weight the box the product comes in?[/QUOTE

Not all of the product received will be installed in the car. The heaviest component of the install is CLD (Constrained layer dampening) and it is cut to fit as well as the other products. My trash can is full of unused trim pieces, these excess pieces are significant in weight.

Last edited by Earle; 07-30-2024 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fixed grammer
Old 07-30-2024, 01:34 PM
Mb111
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
Completed the install this afternoon. I went with the M-CODER (no tune right now). I noticed the following after the install:
  1. The sounds in SPORT and SPORT+ now is just amazing. The 100% open valves are a MUST.
  2. You can hear the spooling of the turbo as you accelerate in first gear. Far more notable than before.
  3. More pops and bangs which is fantastic. I hear it from 2000 all the way up in all gears.
  4. ... I'll be taking a much longer drive tomorrow and will report my findings.

I highly recommend the M-CODER for all owners... What a HUGE difference it makes!
I can attest that MCoder is an amazing add-on. I had them program the valves 100% open in Normal mode on start-up for my GTS, but it was too loud (needed to blast my radio and phone calls with top down was a problem because it was too loud) and I put it back to 100% open in Sport and Sport+ only. The difference is significant enough to satisfy my itch of wanting to go with Akrapovic. I’m sure the Akrapovic would be louder but MCoder is the non-invasive way to go for way more sound from the exhaust. And permanently disabling the Auto Start/Stop is a must, too. I’ve used M-Engineering for years and their service is great, too.
zanary (07-30-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 992 today thread