Sponsored by:

New owner review

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 10:54 AM
G650
Racer

Received 241 Likes on 100 Posts

Prisma, thanks.

Your thoughts are very relevant for me, I currently drive a F80 M3 and this will also be my first Porsche.

i drove a 991.2 GTS at the Porsche experience center here in Los Angeles and loved it, except I found the cabin to be a bit dated.
Based on this I Decided to order a GT silver 992 C2S, and optioned Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, SPASM, RAS, 18 way seats, PDLS+, Bose, and a few other options. Basically I’m trying to get the car as close to a “GTS” spec as possible. According to reviews I’ve read, these options should make it very close in performance and handing to the 991.2 GTS.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:04 AM
Prisma
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by G650
Prisma, thanks.

Your thoughts are very relevant for me, I currently drive a F80 M3 and this will also be my first Porsche.

i drove a 991.2 GTS at the Porsche experience center here in Los Angeles and loved it, except I found the cabin to be a bit dated.
Based on this I Decided to order a GT silver 992 C2S, and optioned Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, SPASM, RAS, 18 way seats, PDLS+, Bose, and a few other options. Basically I’m trying to get the car as close to a “GTS” spec as possible. According to reviews I’ve read, these options should make it very close in performance and handing to the 991.2 GTS.
So the car has now done enough miles which meant I could experience full power (acceleration). I was expecting similar acceleration to the M3, being only what..0.6s quicker on paper 0-60.
i tell you, i was not prepared for the power of this thing. The force exerted was incredible. It felt much faster than the M3. I looked over at my passenger after and they were clearly shocked and a bit scared but were trying to look brave - hilarious! Obviously I, wasn’t scared a bit 🤫 😂😂
The following 2 users liked this post by Prisma:
G650 (08-03-2019), Sebvelez (08-05-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 10:55 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by Prisma
So the car has now done enough miles which meant I could experience full power (acceleration). I was expecting similar acceleration to the M3, being only what..0.6s quicker on paper 0-60.
i tell you, i was not prepared for the power of this thing. The force exerted was incredible. It felt much faster than the M3. I looked over at my passenger after and they were clearly shocked and a bit scared but were trying to look brave - hilarious! Obviously I, wasn’t scared a bit 🤫 😂😂

Hey actually 0.6 seconds difference on 0-60 is quite large.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

This is the duality that I love about Carreras... nice around town but once pushed it reveals the beast inside. Awesome!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:15 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Great review Prisma. Do you find the lack of FAL problematic? Also, have you driven a 911 with PSE? If so is there a drone at highway speeds?
Old 08-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Prisma
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I do have FAL and have used it exactly once so far. I don't have SPASM so can't comment on that, but the ground clearance has been fine for me so far.
I do have PSE and I think it's a must have.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:48 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

I do have FAL and have used it exactly once so far. I don't have SPASM so can't comment on that, but the ground clearance has been fine for me so far.
I do have PSE and I think it's a must have.
Sorry Prisma, I mean't to ask Oflow, mixed your names up.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:29 PM
OFlow
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry for the slow reply moomin. I was on a driving holiday in the Alps with the new car. It was great! The front plastic chin scraped a few times in steep garages but it didn't do any damage. I'd say the 10mm drop puts this right on the threshold of needing FAL. If you are worried about it, add it and you then will have peace of mind. Since I don't have it, I just have to remember to drive really slowly in such situations. BTW, I also took the car on several gravel roads to hiking spots and never scraped the underside -- it doubles as an SUV
The following 2 users liked this post by OFlow:
G650 (08-22-2019), JHesketh (08-17-2019)

Quick Reply: New owner review