Has anyone received a car without PSE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 11:57 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
Unfortunately louder with these engines is not necessarily better. I'd rather have quiet car that sounds crappy than a loud car that sounds crappy.
Major thumbs down on this post. The flat six sounds fantastic. I for sure wish it could be heard by the world.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 290 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
PSE is just a personal preference.

IMHO anything that gives the car a little more personality & adds some visceral aural appeal to the driving experience; can only be a positive in my book.

Car will sound better than most with or without.
100% agree.

I ordered a C2S with PSE that just arrived. I enjoy the difference in how the car sounds at idle with PSE on (which is all I’ve heard). I’m happy to have it, but by no means would I consider it essential.

There are many sports cars that will beat the 992 at the sound game, that’s fine. Standing behind the car yesterday listening at idle, I don’t think it sounds bad. The way some opine I’d have thought this was an awful-sounding car. I do have to remember that many here own or have owned many sports cars, and thus have much more discerning ears.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:17 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 428 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
Major thumbs down on this post. The flat six sounds fantastic. I for sure wish it could be heard by the world.
Exactly! You are absolutely correct my friend. It just needs the proper plumbing as I am sure you know. There are obviously those here who see it otherwise.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:50 PM
Ricardobarrios
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The standar exhaust in carrera base 992 has the valve system ? i do nit have the PSE but has the Sporth Chrono package i feel that sound improve in sport mode this is due the valves are open? thanks for your reply

Quick Reply: Has anyone received a car without PSE?