Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dealership to order a 992 in California?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:07 PM
sigtir
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seanhaus
When you register you car in CA, they’ll ask for evidence of the tax paid for your car. You land up paying the difference (if there is any.) I do believe there is a window where you can get around this though.
Just did some digging around. Looks like it’s a year before they forgive it.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:48 PM
SharkB8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sigtir
Just did some digging around. Looks like it’s a year before they forgive it.
Yeah, and they’ll “cut you a check”.....
good luck with that.
CA gets their money. Period.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:26 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

In Ca, the only dealership I'd ever use for a regular Porsche is Porsche of Fresno. Honest, no BS approach. If you're not a local customer, it's hard to get a GT car, but for any non GT car in California, your best and most honest deal is with Porsche of Fresno. The owner is know as C.J. ichiban on rennlist.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:00 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Great experience with Porsche Marin (Brett) and Porsche Fresno, and I've pissed away a lot of time dealing with many dealers in CA in both Northern and Southern Cal. Just my 2 cents, don't know if you'll be able to get a 992 discount in CA. If you are willing to expand your search and go to a dealer out of state you might have more luck

Whether in CA or out of state dealer, you'd pay the high sales tax and reg fee to CA either way unless you hold the car outside of the state for over a year from my understanding
Old 07-16-2019, 07:36 PM
hushypushy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
No that’s his point... if you are using the car in Cali you are paying Cali tax... unless you register it to another state (assuming you have an address) and risk getting caught
OP said he already bought a car, but I just want to clarify something about taxes that I'm sure most of the people in this thread know, but has not been explicitly stated:

In California, you pay sales tax based on the city where you register the car. So it doesn't matter if you buy your car at Porsche Marin, where the sales tax is 8.25%, or if you buy the car at Stevens Creek in San Jose, where sales tax is 9.25%; you pay the sales tax for the county you're registering the car. If you register it in San Francisco for example, you would pay 8.5% sales tax no matter which store in the state you buy from.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:02 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
I've gone 3 for 3 having awful experiences with Bev Hills. Sounds like somebody above did ok but my guess is they won't discount initial deliveries of 992. This dealer is the king of ADMs.
Beverly Hills is an AWFUL dealer to purchase from. They invented high prices. For Porsche models I find Park Place Grapevine (Kenneth) and Dallas (Mindy) offer the best prices. I’ve bought several cars from Park Place.

Quick Reply: Best dealership to order a 992 in California?