Sponsored by:

PSE Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 AM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default PSE Questions

Ive read in other threads the US version won't have the particulate filter. Is the implication that the PSE should sound much better on the US version?

If I elect not to get the PSE will that have any bearing on my aftermarket exhaust component choices?
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.yoshi
Ive read in other threads the US version won't have the particulate filter. Is the implication that the PSE should sound much better on the US version?

If I elect not to get the PSE will that have any bearing on my aftermarket exhaust component choices?
While I've not seen anything officially official - everything I've heard states that the US wont have the GPF. As for the difference in sound? That will probably be subjective.

PSE usually involves an electronic valve at some place in the exhaust. Almost in every example, aftermarket exhaust will replace that area of the exhaust rendering the PSE button useless.
There are, however, some upmarket examples that make use of the PSE button with valves in their custom exhaust so you can make it louder/quieter.
Either way, any aftermarket exhaust is almost sure to replace the section fitted with the PSE valves, and so if you're planning on going aftermarket anyway and don't care about possibly switching it on off - skip PSE.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:44 AM
rewardforsuccess
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Short answer is, yes. Baruch Hashem.

Quick Reply: PSE Questions