Sponsored by:

(Photos) standard non-leather interior and standard seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:24 AM
coolhandshin
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 33 Posts
Talking (Photos) standard non-leather interior and standard seats

You know that ticking more options mean you are losing to Porsche and being decieved and fooled by the Porsche marketing team!!!!

Seriously, I am thinking of going with the standard interior and seats. Not sot bad is it?

Afterall it's the same car (and value) as long as it's got the real neccessary options like chrono and sports exhaust!
Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhandshin
You know that ticking more options mean you are losing to Porsche and being decieved and fooled by the Porsche marketing team!!!!

Seriously, I am thinking of going with the standard interior and seats. Not sot bad is it?

Afterall it's the same car (and value) as long as it's got the real neccessary options like chrono and sports exhaust!
It really depends on what kind of build you want. if you're going stripper/performance focused, skip the leather - standard interior is preferred. If you're going cars-n-coffee luxury, then get the leather...but then get all the leather so that it's not fragmented like most Porsches with "full leather" as Porsche's full leather is not close to full leather. the problem with the 992 interior is that it looks too busy, regardless of what interior trim you choose. and then there's the nubbin and the drink holder. mama mia.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

If you don't need a particular color go standard on interior. I've got Black/Bordeaux Red but next time I would skip it.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-25-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 11:51 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

Another thought is that taking care of and preserving all the leather on the dashboard, as well as the other locations in a leather-optioned car is really time-consuming, and frankly, a pain in the butt. I'm pretty sure the vinyl, or whatever it is, will easily outlast the leather. I had nearly a complete aniline leather interior (black/garnet red) in my 991.1 GTS. It was beautiful and smelled great; but it kept me busy and really cost a lot.
The following 2 users liked this post by kwikit356:
G650 (09-25-2019), Tedster (10-27-2021)
Old 04-19-2019, 06:20 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Really cannot agree with your post on a personal level (of course each to their own, and you are indeed still getting the same awesome car), but I had standard interior on my 991, and I regretted it... such an amazing car let down by such an average interior, one that felt less special than my BMW M3

For my 992 order I added the black leather with crayon stitching and having seen and driven the car I'm so happy I did. Despite the hefty price.

Also don't agree with the PSE necessity... now that is a waste of money, if it added 5hp then maybe I could justify it... but just to change the sound slightly? (and remove the beautiful quad pipes)
Old 04-19-2019, 05:20 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kwikit356
Another thought is that taking care of and preserving all the leather on the dashboard, as well as the other locations in a leather-optioned car is really time-consuming, and frankly, a pain in the butt. I'm pretty sure the vinyl, or whatever it is, will easily outlast the leather. I had nearly a complete aniline leather interior (black/garnet red) in my 991.1 GTS. It was beautiful and smelled great; but it kept me busy and really cost a lot.
This is complete bull****. If you need to tell yourself that to justify saving a few bucks than fine.

But the leather dash requires virtually no maintenance. It takes no more time than wiping the dust off a vinyl dashboard. It's the pretty much the same process, except instead of spraying a cleaning solution on your cloth, you spray a leather conditioner, and then wipe. Job done in 2-3 minutes.
The following 2 users liked this post by stealthpilot:
PSPorsche (02-04-2024), Steve 96C4S (08-05-2021)
Old 04-19-2019, 05:32 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,175 Likes on 593 Posts

This is just not true. Maybe in the 1970s but leather dashes hold up great now. Truly zero additional maintenance.

Originally Posted by kwikit356
Steve 96C4S (08-05-2021)
Old 04-22-2019, 03:20 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Time will tell as it relates to how my leather seats will wear as the weather has just turned so I've spent an hour driving my car so far (my 981 has the non leather seats). I noticed a difference between the 992 seats versus the previous gen seats on the configurator and haven't seen much said about the differences compared to those in the 991/ 981. Since I wont see a 992 in the flesh for a while, perhaps someone else can comment on the difference between the seats … it appears the new seats (non sport plus) have more bolstering than the "old" non sport plus seats??
Old 04-22-2019, 04:03 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
But the leather dash requires virtually no maintenance. It takes no more time than wiping the dust off a vinyl dashboard. It's the pretty much the same process, except instead of spraying a cleaning solution on your cloth, you spray a leather conditioner, and then wipe. Job done in 2-3 minutes.
True.

My BGTS has a full leather interior. My 991.2 Carrera has the standard interior. Both get wiped down with a damp rag followed by a wipe with 303 Aerospace. Done.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:21 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Do the 992 seats look oddly and uncomfortably formed to anyone else? Almost looks like it would force you do sit hunchback, and then the headrest bends in too much.

I like the 991 seat design better, they have that thinner and simplitic "classic 911" look that for me brings up all kinds of longstanding emotions. The 992 seats basically reinvented the Porsche seat wheel, in how thick and bulky they now are.
ThomasCarreraGTS (09-25-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:01 AM
miglio
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhandshin

I've chosen standard interior and in very happy.

There a positive gap between 991 and 992 standard interior seats... Now is very comfortable and leather is much much better than old version.

Other parts are better than previous version so I think it's a big deal... I've spent a lot in other.

Obviously if one prefers colored interior you have no choose

Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Yet another reason to go to the Atlanta Performance Experience Center: namely, to compare the quality of the standard interior with the various leather options. That said, it is disappointing to think that one has to spend several thousand dollars to avoid owning a $120k+ with a "cheap" standard leather interior.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:08 AM
rewardforsuccess
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Question: Are the seats the exact same between the two options? Main concern are the seats to me. If so maybe can save some weight, and I'm in the rare minority who prefers the standard dash and trims versus leather.
G650 (09-25-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 10:19 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by rewardforsuccess
Question: Are the seats the exact same between the two options? Main concern are the seats to me. If so maybe can save some weight, and I'm in the rare minority who prefers the standard dash and trims versus leather.
The seats are the same between standard / full leather.. They keep all main touch points leather (door grabs, steering wheel, seats) - the full leather just adds it on most everything else.
Metalblond (05-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:25 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
The seats are the same between standard / full leather.. They keep all main touch points leather (door grabs, steering wheel, seats) - the full leather just adds it on most everything else.

Quick Reply: (Photos) standard non-leather interior and standard seats