Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice Lava Orange! You checked all the boxes!! Great looking car
Old 04-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,471 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
I did test-drive perhaps five 991.2 vehicles with PSE (turned it on and off during mundane and spirited driving) and several 991.2 cars without PSE. To be honest I prefer the non-PSE sound and would rarely turn the feature on - the burbles etc sound a bit contrived and juvenile to my ancient ears, especially for a high-mileage daily driver. I think the standard exhaust sounds great, and much louder than my Tesla Plus I really REALLY like the quad pipe look.

Nick Murray has a good comparison of two very similar 991.2 vehicles with and without PSE - I am sure 90% of people would prefer the PSE on, and that I am some kind of weirdo, and that's ok.
Originally Posted by tgcrun
I have SE on my 991.2 and hardly ever use it. The regular exhaust note is fine, and I really don't need people hearing me coming from a mile away. I only got it because it was part of the sport package along with sport mirrors, SC and RAS. Going with quad tips is a good choice. By the way, both the red and blue cars look great.
That's funny. It must be a PA thing. I agree. I don't like PSE. "Contrived and juvenile" is how it sounds to my 60-year old ears too.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:14 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
That's funny. It must be a PA thing. I agree. I don't like PSE. "Contrived and juvenile" is how it sounds to my 60-year old ears too.
It might also be a 60 year old thing. I'm 64. I think PSE is a great option, and I'll flip to sport mode (which engages PSE) when I'm on winding country roads. For my 992, I'm going to spec Sport Chrono and RAS instead of the whole package. Now, if only they'd announce that manuals will be available.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:33 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I loved the 997 and 991 sport exhaust...but the 991.2 sport exhaust doesnt sound that great to me, and after listening to both, especially revving (and had a 991.2 Gts which had it)...I actually prefer the TONE of the non PSE more, as it actually sounds a little more old school haha.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:00 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Yes I am expecting mid-Aug as the worst case (and sadly most likely) delivery date which, as you say, is the official On-Sale target date.

I was hoping for 12-Jul which is seems to be the Planned Date for all first batch cars. But my SA (who has been extremely pessimistic and suggesting mid/late Aug until today) told me it might be much earlier than we were thinking - his reasoning is that for Porsche salespeople to be able to drive USA-spec 992s on the public roads of Salt Lake City on 20-Jun means the cars must have got through EPA/CAFE certification by that date. But no real evidence to suggest that of course...
...and worst case it is with expected mid-Aug delivery (at best!). Talked to my SA last week and he had more info re launch date for dealerships and SAs in Salt Lake City on 30 Jun (not 20 Jun as he previously stated) - the cars there will be German spec ones (not EPA/CAFE certified) and they will be shipped back to Germany after the event. He now agrees I should have my car (part of first batch destined for USA) around mid/late Aug.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:14 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

My car got to Port Emden (V331) on 8-April which is 4 days ahead of schedule. It was meant to leave Emden around 26-April.

Here is the shipping schedule out of Emden for VW/Porsche - my boat is heading for Davisville Rhode Island (probably on Delhi Highway arriving 9-May or earlier ship Viking Conquest arriving 5-May):

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Volkswagen_Export_Schedule.pdf (45.6 KB, 60 views)
Old 04-14-2019, 03:21 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

And here is the website for tracking the ship once it departs Emden:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/175
Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 PM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks pelucidor. I have been out of town, but will check up on my dates shortly.

Based on my original dates it looks like the Delhi highway for my car as they line up. But I will check to see if anything has changed.

Last edited by cjwal; 04-14-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:52 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

cjwal - was traveling last week too and wanted to say what a great look you have for the Cayenne GTS. When I lived in Houston I traveled to Dallas a fair bit - much nicer IMO especially the climate. My thinking re my 992 is that it doesn't have to be perfect (and I am sure I will slightly regret adding/skipping some options eventually) - if I like this first one there will many more 911s in my future and I will zero in on the perfect build over time.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:05 AM
Pcar81
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats!

It looks awesome.

Did anyone tell you if it has a GPF?
Or is that for Euro models only?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:16 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcar81
Congrats!

It looks awesome.

Did anyone tell you if it has a GPF?
Or is that for Euro models only?
Everything I've been reading says it's for EU models only. US versions won't have the GPF
Old 04-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Pcar81
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to hear.

thanks 👍
Old 04-20-2019, 02:45 PM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cjwal - was traveling last week too and wanted to say what a great look you have for the Cayenne GTS. When I lived in Houston I traveled to Dallas a fair bit - much nicer IMO especially the climate. My thinking re my 992 is that it doesn't have to be perfect (and I am sure I will slightly regret adding/skipping some options eventually) - if I like this first one there will many more 911s in my future and I will zero in on the perfect build over time.
pelucidor,

Any word on your car catching a boat. I am hoping to hear something any day now. From the chart you sent, it should be Delhi highway or Goodwood for me.

Starting to to get excited as my dealer called and said it could be sooner rather than later. Hope that means epa certs are moving along and close.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:39 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

I checked my status on Thu and sadly my V332 (Exit Port Emden) Expected Date moved out a week from 26-April to 3-May. This probably makes it Goodwood for me too and arriving into Davisville RI on 14-May (new Expected Date around 17-May).

On a possibly happier note the Expected Date for many items changed last week including V900 (Dealer Inventory) moving from a ridiculous 24-May to a more more likely 12-Jul (same as Planned Date).
Old 04-20-2019, 05:39 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Shipping info from Emden has not changed since 8-April (week 15).

Here is how to get the shipping schedule (thanks to user Avalon911):

http://www.pwl.de/en
STEPS:
1. Click on the large square pic for Liner Services
2. Select Roll on / Roll off (Ro/Ro) link
3. Under Volkswagen section click on PDF link for Schedule Export

Quick Reply: My USA-bound 992 has been built and has a VIN