Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   Lizard Green (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1136043-lizard-green.html)

rewardforsuccess 03-29-2019 11:38 AM

Lizard Green

What does everyone think about Lizard Green?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0377870e23.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...ac33e4c7fa.jpg

Mechanic 03-29-2019 11:46 AM

I have no idea what "everyone" thinks, but IMHO the color is unattractive. If I saw it on the street, I would expect to see clowns jumping out of it.

rewardforsuccess 03-29-2019 12:10 PM

I was afraid of that sentiment. In the past I've been a fan of popping colors: Guard's Red, Miami Blue, Racing Yellow, so logically I've been considering this color...but the "stress" factor seems very real to me, and I might consider something more low-key but refined while still unique, such as aventurine green this time around. As I plan to daily drive the Porsche, one of the great joys in life, just wanted to know if lizard green would incite people to hate me more, lol. Just want to relax and not feel as if I'm in it to brag.

Sebvelez 03-29-2019 12:15 PM

It’s one of those colors like the classic Viper green which I always say I wish I had enough courage to order, LOL. ( I went with Dolomite)

I love these bright and unusual colors in the classic 911s and the GT cars but I’m certainly glad Porsche offers colors like Lizard Green, Miami Blue and Lava Orange in the standard lineup.

Anyone here ordering a 992 in any of these colors?

Sebvelez 03-29-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by rewardforsuccess (Post 15737241)
I was afraid of that sentiment. In the past I've been a fan of popping colors: Guard's Red, Miami Blue, Racing Yellow, so logically I've been considering this color...but the "stress" factor seems very real to me, and I might consider something more low-key but refined while still unique, such as aventurine green this time around. As I plan to daily drive the Porsche, one of the great joys in life, just wanted to know if lizard green would incite people to hate me more, lol. Just want to relax and not feel as if I'm in it to brag.

If it fits your personality I say go for it! Location is also a factor... sadly. There’s a reason it’s called ‘Miami” Blue...😄 it attracts less attention here in Miami then let’s say New England.

AviBen 03-29-2019 12:24 PM

I love how it looks in the video (not so much in the next pic), but, then again, one of my two P cars is racing yellow (and I love the color), so I'm biased towards the bright and colorful. I understand your concern, but, if you really like it, go for it. I imagine you're already considering "the lens of future regret" (imagining and evaluating your possible regrets either way you decide). In the end, my thinking was, it's a damn Porsche, I'm too old to continue being a slave to what other people might think, and why the heck not have it the way I want it?

rewardforsuccess 03-29-2019 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sebvelez (Post 15737255)
It’s one of those colors like the classic Viper green which I always say I wish I had enough courage to order, LOL. ( I went with Dolomite)

I love these bright and unusual colors in the classic 911s and the GT cars but I’m certainly glad Porsche offers colors like Lizard Green, Miami Blue and Lava Orange in the standard lineup.

Anyone here ordering a 992 in any of these colors?

Night and day, my friend.

In my humble opinion with all these bright colors, I can tell you that color choice has a gigantic impact on public perception.
In my friend's agate gray car often times people don't even notice you are there, let alone driving a Porsche. But in any bright color your presence is made aware in a 5 mile radius. :)

EVERYONE notices you and you are on stage every where you go. My thing was to not give a dime what anyone else thinks, but from travelling around areas of different demographics, people do treat you as if you're a conceited bastard. :cheers: I think it's a subconscious thing and isn't something you can part with driving not just a Porsche but such a "look at me" color. I've learned to steel my mind from all this as a result of driving them. But at a certain point it becomes...somewhat exhausting and I'd rather preserve my mental energy (as much as that's possible driving a 911 :D ).

rewardforsuccess 03-29-2019 12:27 PM

I know, now I must suffer with solving this difficult problem till the day I sign that dotted line. :banghead:

jbirdie6 03-29-2019 01:25 PM

I think it looks awesome! I am on my second Racing Yellow 911 (first was a 991.1 S and now I have a 991.2 T). I have Yellow because I love it - not a single care what anyone else thinks about it. Life is too short to make decisions based on what others may think. Last thing I would want to do is not buy the color I enjoy because of the unknown tastes of the general public.

That said, JUST DO IT!

By the way...I'm kicking around the idea of a 992 and would probably go Lizard Green myself.

405 03-29-2019 01:34 PM

From what I've seen , the 992 looks best in understated metallic colors. I like Lizard Green, but not on this car.

Mechanic 03-29-2019 01:37 PM

rewardforsuccess: Your instincts are spot on, my friend.

B3rk 03-29-2019 11:08 PM

Well I went for it today, Lizard green cab, sport design package and black satin Carrera S wheels. Production is the end of may

I just went on these forums to see what people think About this color haha...

I always have and see grey or black Porsches/cars and I wanted to go different, no statement but I didn’t want anything boring. I must admit that I am slightly anxious to how it all turns out!

Am I crazy?

Psorcery 03-29-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by B3rk (Post 15738512)
Well I went for it today, Lizard green cab, sport design package and black satin Carrera S wheels. Production is the end of may

I just went on these forums to see what people think About this color haha...

I always have and see grey or black Porsches/cars and I wanted to go different, no statement but I didn’t want anything boring. I must admit that I am slightly anxious to how it all turns out!

Am I crazy?

Not at all.. I like it a lot.

I love the exotic greens, lava oranges, miami blues etc..

It looks really good and I agree with the grey/black colors.. Nice but boring.

Maverick787 03-29-2019 11:29 PM

Think they fit better on GT cars, not a daily driver as you wil tire of it fast.

B3rk 03-29-2019 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick787 (Post 15738564)
Think they fit better on GT cars, not a daily driver as you wil tire of it fast.

Yes maybe, that is what many people say. However, wont black/grey tire you even faster? That is was happens to me when owning one. I just dont know, never owned something in a color like this!