Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I wasn't really liking the 992 on the pics I have seen since it was announced, but after seeing it live at the Geneva motor show three times this week I must admit that IRL the car is impressive. I am now even willing to forgive Porsche for the electric shaver they chose to use as PDK lever.

Stunning.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:09 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by wirx
New 992 exhaust looks interesting. 992 Carrera S
Gross.

Originally Posted by ABusLux
I wasn't really liking the 992 on the pics I have seen since it was announced, but after seeing it live at the Geneva motor show three times this week I must admit that IRL the car is impressive. I am now even willing to forgive Porsche for the electric shaver they chose to use as PDK lever.

Stunning.

The car does have a certain “punch” in person.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:08 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My pics from the launch event in Johannesburg South Africa at Kyalami Grand Prix circuit.

View this post on Instagram
Old 03-17-2019, 02:53 PM
FactoryMatt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

nvm
Old 03-18-2019, 11:14 AM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by FactoryMatt
nvm
I read your original post before you edited it... I don't think you needed to, completely agree with your comment.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:17 AM
FactoryMatt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MacAna
I read your original post before you edited it... I don't think you needed to, completely agree with your comment.
Thx. Didnt realize the discussion was a couple days old- didnt want to stir the pot again lol.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Cromo
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carrara White from Florence

Old 03-21-2019, 05:44 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow! Nice pictures Christian S. Thanks for sharing. Does the white car have the graphite blue interior? Do you have any pictures by chance? Thank you!!! This is what I ordered sight unseen....
Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
Wow! Nice pictures Christian S. Thanks for sharing. Does the white car have the graphite blue interior? Do you have any pictures by chance? Thank you!!! This is what I ordered sight unseen....
The white car is actually Crayon - showroom lights and camera make it hard to tell. I think the interior was Slate Grey?
Old 03-21-2019, 12:43 PM
MacAna
Racer

Hi, sure, here you go, as posted in another thread:

PLLS5I70

Our pricing is a little rough... comes to just under $140,000

I didn't want to go too wild, I'm not necessarily conservative in my choices, but wanted a classic look and to ensure decent resale value/demand. The Carrara White Metallic seems to bring out the lines best (as far as I can tell from pics of the 992 and hands-on with other Porsches).

My car differs from Miglio's in that I wanted the quad-pipes and don't care for the PSE, and I went with Carrera Classic Wheels. Oh... and I didn't take SPASM, but I'm not sure if that was the right decision in the end, if my order wasn't already locked, I think I would change that.
Originally Posted by Argon_

It continues to grow on me.
Finally got to have a (sprited) test drive in a C2S that looked exactly like the one above... it was awesome, and I'm now 100% ok with not having ordered SPASM, the ride is excellent and still very low to the ground with amazing handling. Cannot wait for my delivery, and will definitely go for another test drive or two in the coming weeks.

The Gentian Blue is a funny colour, at the launch, under lights, I was underwhelmed/disappointed, it was ok, and showed up every single fingerprint and blemish. But in the sunshine outside the colour really pops, and even has some purple hues at some angles. A beautiful colour in the end if you can live with its flaws.

During my drive I touched the "nubbin" twice, and never gave it a second thought, and I spent far too much time enjoying the performance and handling to even notice all the new PCM tech - coming from a 991.1, it is a massive leap forward. I absolutely love the GT Sports Steering Wheel and glad I took it. The "piano finish" in the centre console isn't so great, but I can live with it. Wasn't too wild about the 14-way seats and glad I opted for Sports Plus instead.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:53 AM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Argon_

It continues to grow on me.
Gentian or Night Blue?
Old 04-21-2019, 11:43 PM
JPT99
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got to have a (sprited) test drive in a C2S that looked exactly like the one above... it was awesome, and I'm now 100% ok with not having ordered SPASM, the ride is excellent and still very low to the ground with amazing handling. Cannot wait for my delivery, and will definitely go for another test drive or two in the coming weeks.

The Gentian Blue is a funny colour, at the launch, under lights, I was underwhelmed/disappointed, it was ok, and showed up every single fingerprint and blemish. But in the sunshine outside the colour really pops, and even has some purple hues at some angles. A beautiful colour in the end if you can live with its flaws.

During my drive I touched the "nubbin" twice, and never gave it a second thought, and I spent far too much time enjoying the performance and handling to even notice all the new PCM tech - coming from a 991.1, it is a massive leap forward. I absolutely love the GT Sports Steering Wheel and glad I took it. The "piano finish" in the centre console isn't so great, but I can live with it. Wasn't too wild about the 14-way seats and glad I opted for Sports Plus instead.
How was the grip? Any slip from a dig? Also, I’m pretty sure I will get the Sports Plus seats. Were yours the sport Tex or leather?
Old 04-22-2019, 06:06 AM
Peadsw
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 23 Posts

The rs spyder wheels looks great in black. Wonder if its a options or if the owner painted it aftermarket.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 AM
Johisco
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine

Last edited by Johisco; 06-01-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 992 Pics