Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   992 Pics (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1131890-992-pics.html)

Mike Mullins 03-08-2019 08:39 AM

"Exact car I have ordered! " It looks fantastic, congrats.
That combo would look great in most colors.

Porsch 03-08-2019 10:04 AM

lol at many of the comments in this thread. first, the FAL must be up in that pic. or is the 992 car designed for off-roading? second, it's carrara white metallic, not carrara white. different colors. and there's no color carrera white. amazed at how many people don't know this. third, car looks cheap without a sunroof? now i've heard it all. enthusiasts prefer slicktop. sunroof ruins the clean look and compromises rigidity, and they sure as heck don't want heavy glass on top killing the CoG.

i guess the 992 has clearly brought a...errr...different breed of buyer. :rolleyes:

Argon_ 03-08-2019 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Porsch (Post 15688842)
lol at many of the comments in this thread. first, the FAL must be up in that pic. or is the 992 car designed for off-roading? second, it's carrara white metallic, not carrara white. different colors. and there's no color carrera white. amazed at how many people don't know this. third, car looks cheap without a sunroof? now i've heard it all. enthusiasts prefer slicktop. sunroof ruins the clean look and compromises rigidity, and they sure as heck don't want heavy glass on top killing the CoG.

i guess the 992 has clearly brought a...errr...different breed of buyer. :rolleyes:

Unfortunate. Used slicktop 992s are going to be hard to find.

miglio 03-08-2019 12:20 PM

1 thank you because no one know if the FAL can be On with engine Off and parked car

2 carrara white standard is off since a lot of time in 911 but thank you for your precision... But no way, flat white is more sporty, optic and very white than metallic carrara white

3 for my consideration about sunroof, I said also that I was exaggerated about, but enthusiasts is one thing, me another thing... I'm a porsche fan and I love sunroof For contrasts with light color, also love the light in cabin.
For the rigidity, please talk about it to a porsche school drivers... At the end I'm not an every day track man, but a business man who loves porsche and sun.... but probably you can do your best time in the Nurb everyday with a slicktop :thumbup:

Argon_ 03-08-2019 06:11 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c663bb63c.jpeg

It continues to grow on me.

ruuddevil 03-09-2019 03:09 AM

Still having a hard time with the design, especially the unibrow.

MacAna 03-09-2019 03:46 AM

Would love to hear your definition of this. It's more than a little offensive to anyone commenting in this forum. Are you inferring racism, or sexism, or elitism of some sort by that comment? Surely anyone who is willing and able to spend $150,000 on a car has every right to own one and spec it as they want without fear of ridicule or judgement.

Thank you for your comment, isn't that what discussion forums are for? If you believe that the FAL is engaged in that picture then I appreciate you saying so - personally, it is the one feature I have never seen engaged on a 911, hence I can only assume/surmise until someone like you possibly confirms it. (The option just isn't very popular in our region)

As for the colour reference (I won't judge you for spelling the word incorrectly), I know it is Carrara White Metallic, I just chose to use the short form to avoid having to type out the full name when I labelled that picture. Geez, you couldn't even be bothered with capitalisation or proper grammar in your post.

Sunroof... hmmm, again, surely you can't criticise each buyer's own preference and can you really speak for all "enthusiasts"? Personally, I've gone with the glass sunroof as I feel it provides an excellent contrast against the Carrara White Metallic colour - even if I choose to never open it. Yup, this different breed of buyer elected to spend $3000 just for it to look cool.

Hate coming into forums like this and finding people that want to argue, can't we just use this environment for its intended purpose? To share and learn and hopefully all gain something positive from the experience? If I knew every single thing about the new 992 why would I bother being here?

miglio 03-09-2019 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by MacAna (Post 15691003)
Would love to hear your definition of this. It's more than a little offensive to anyone commenting in this forum. Are you inferring racism, or sexism, or elitism of some sort by that comment? Surely anyone who is willing and able to spend $150,000 on a car has every right to own one and spec it as they want without fear of ridicule or judgement.

Thank you for your comment, isn't that what discussion forums are for? If you believe that the FAL is engaged in that picture then I appreciate you saying so - personally, it is the one feature I have never seen engaged on a 911, hence I can only assume/surmise until someone like you possibly confirms it. (The option just isn't very popular in our region)

As for the colour reference (I won't judge you for spelling the word incorrectly), I know it is Carrara White Metallic, I just chose to use the short form to avoid having to type out the full name when I labelled that picture. Geez, you couldn't even be bothered with capitalisation or proper grammar in your post.

Sunroof... hmmm, again, surely you can't criticise each buyer's own preference and can you really speak for all "enthusiasts"? Personally, I've gone with the glass sunroof as I feel it provides an excellent contrast against the Carrara White Metallic colour - even if I choose to never open it. Yup, this different breed of buyer elected to spend $3000 just for it to look cool.

Hate coming into forums like this and finding people that want to argue, can't we just use this environment for its intended purpose? To share and learn and hopefully all gain something positive from the experience? If I knew every single thing about the new 992 why would I bother being here?

thank you MacAna, I've never can say better thank this.
My English is not so good but you have wrote for a lot of us.
thank you very much

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7bd17b0eeb.gif

aab 03-09-2019 02:38 PM

Macana is absolutely correct. Ive run into these 'enthusiasts' in the past. Having owned various Porsches (including the 991.1 GT3) and various Ferraris ( including the 458) and multiple other vehicles (exotic and non exotic) it never ceases to amaze me how these "experts" seem to want to criticize others to make them selves feel superior. This is not limited to Porsches. How sad.

I am in the process of finalizing my spec for the 992 C4S and am considering Carrara White. Perhaps Macana could share his spec with us as I love the way your his car looks!

tgcrun 03-09-2019 02:52 PM

Well said MacAna. I guess I'm not an enthusiast because I drive a Cab. :burnout:

miglio 03-09-2019 03:15 PM

I've followed MacAna at the other part of the world, here in Italy. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLMPVGD9
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a49f576de.jpeg

I've spec my 992 and I have ordered it in early December.

I have my order locked in 1st March but I don't know when the production really will start.

I have this hard copy from dealer

miglio 03-09-2019 03:21 PM

pelucidor 03-09-2019 07:23 PM

Beautiful!! Bellissimo!

Jdqt458 03-10-2019 08:03 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d9a0971af.jpeg
Can anyone confirm the colour of the 991 Cab — beside the white 992 ???
Many thanks .

coccige 03-10-2019 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jdqt458 (Post 15693119)
Can anyone confirm the colour of the 991 Cab — beside the white 992 ???
Many thanks .

crayon/chalk/gesso best color ever