Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HATE (dislike/do not prefer) the 992 VENTING thread closed by mods?? What's up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:20 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Can t wait for Hitler on 992!
Old 02-26-2019, 04:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

The 991 GT3 forum is full of these videos.

Not even worth discussing anymore. Doubt it was the reference to the videos that got the thread closed. Those posts were deleted before that.

Someone doesn't like the "negativity aimed at the 992" I'm sure. Plus you get the regular few Rennlist morality hounds that police the threads and complain about everything they don't like. You know who you are.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
I figured things went off the rails on the hate thread when a user freaked out about Rickbrooklyn's request for a 992 Hitler rant video without first realizing how popular, widespread and accepted those rant videos are.
Yes, it was pretty clear to all of us which person complained about the thread.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Google this:

rennlist 991 hitler

See what you get. Dozen threads.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:38 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Yes, it was pretty clear to all of us which person complained about the thread.
The person who complained and I had a clarification, and at the end we were all good.

Now I understand the point of view of people who feel like the untergang memes trivialize the tragedy of the Holocaust. I think it's best if we leave those videos alone and leave them for off topic or other settings. This forum is supposed to be fun for everybody.

I think it would be great if we could move on and go back to puking on that goofy hot wheels knockoff that is the 992.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:04 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Get it over
we can laugh of everything without forgetting the history

otherwise you are togethet with Charlie Ebdò Paris' criminals

regardless on which side of the history you are
Old 02-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna01
Faster, better handling, more comfort when required, a better all round sports car than the previous model. Which is what Porsche gets right more often than not. And I believe this model to be better in most aspects than the model its superseding (991.2) which I own. Yes there will always be a few nitpicks, door handles, nubin etc but most who have driven and spent time with the car like it a lot. And I've still yet to come across anyone who suggests the previous model was a better all round car.
The current Panamera Turbo is faster around the track and more comfortable than most of the last few generations of Carreras. Does that make it a better sports car?
Old 02-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
"Popular, widespread and accepted" doesn't make them appropriate. Count me amongst those who find the concept of "funny Hitler rants" offensive.
At the risk of going way off topic, were you offended by the movie 'Downfall' upon which those funny videos were based? If not, how can you be offended when someone simply changes the dialogue to rant about something entirely unrelated? And if you were offended by the movie itself, yes, you're somewhat alone in that view.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:23 PM
STG
Race Director

I guess 300K people rated the movie pretty well.

Name:  photo974.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  650.3 KB
Old 02-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
"Popular, widespread and accepted" doesn't make them appropriate. Count me amongst those who find the concept of "funny Hitler rants" offensive.
You people need to read what the filmmakers themselves, including the late Bruno Ganz, have said about those videos.

Hint: the last, best revenge against evil is to laugh at it.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:03 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
At the risk of going way off topic, were you offended by the movie 'Downfall' upon which those funny videos were based? If not, how can you be offended when someone simply changes the dialogue to rant about something entirely unrelated? And if you were offended by the movie itself, yes, you're somewhat alone in that view.
I didn't see the movie, so I can't comment. I've always cringed when I saw the Hitler meme thread pop up in Off Topic, but never commented or complained. I only felt the need to post on the subject when it was stated that they were "acceptable" and "comedy". I disagree. The vast majority of my wife's maternal family was wiped out in the Holocaust. I'm not sure that they can "just get over it" or "laugh it off". I fully understand why some individuals don't understand why it could be offensive to others. It was a long time ago and may not have had a direct impact on their life. But I applaud rick Brooklyn's willingness to listen to others' POV. Open dialogue is a good thing.

Quick Reply: HATE (dislike/do not prefer) the 992 VENTING thread closed by mods?? What's up?