PASM sport -10mm lowered

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 06:05 PM
miglio
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PASM sport -10mm lowered

hi,
Do you think PASM lowered worth the money?

And did you think standard PASM is enough for daily use?

I'm not a track boy and I'd like to have sports car but not too much hard... Better comfort

I don't know if put this in my order

thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by miglio
And did you think standard PASM is enough for daily use? I'm not a track boy and I'd like to have sports car but not too much hard... Better comfort
Standard PASM for you, then.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:57 PM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by The Pope
Standard PASM for you, then.
Thanks Pope,
I think so.

I think also that Pasm lowered add a beautiful front spoiler

I don't know if change others parts... Stability, rigidity etc???

I'm confused
Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Johisco
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Get it! Porsche suspension is great and it will not be too hard for you. Also, I would say it's one of the very few reasonable priced options.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Go see on a ruler how insignificant 10mm is. I have SPASM on my GTS with front axle lift and I dont have to use the axle lift.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Go see on a ruler how insignificant 10mm is. I have SPASM on my GTS with front axle lift and I dont have to use the axle lift.
So do you recommend it to me?

Good or is not worth the money?
Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Go for it. It's a sports car, not a lifted people mover sedan.

I feel like SPASM still sits high. I can fill the gap between the wheel and body with my fingers. I wish Porsche offered an even lower package.

Non SPASM cars sit fairly high. If it's still only a 6-700 upgrade i would do it. Otherwise you shell out the same money for aftermarket springs and you must pay more than $1500 to get them installed. Now your car is modified and it cost you extra.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:36 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by miglio

Thanks Pope,
I think so.

I think also that Pasm lowered add a beautiful front spoiler

I don't know if change others parts... Stability, rigidity etc???

I'm confused
On the 991s Sport PASM is 10 mm lowered, has shorter stiffer springs and roll bars compared to PASM cars. The difference is more than just looks, it includes less roll on cornering, a slightly stiffer, but by no means too harsh, ride, slightly better steering feel and obviously more "buttoned down" handling. I understand that ALL 992s have stiffer rate springs and improved PASM compared to 991s. So the difference may not be as obvious, but based on past experience, Porsche delivers what it advertises.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:37 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Never found SPASM too firm. I think many wont even notice the ride quality difference. Honestly I think its the same thing just a little lowered.

The lowered look with smaller wheel well gaps is superior. Its a sports car so stuff like this matters. From the pictures I've seen the 992 has bigger front gaps even with lowered suspension. https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...992-deep-dive/

Lowering tire pressures and smaller rims/ more tire will do more for ride comfort. If you want the most comfort, the non-sport suspension is the obvious choice though.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:35 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That article says

The Classiest of Chassis.
Dimensionally, the 992 is only 0.8 inch longer than the older car while riding on the same 96.5-inch wheelbase. This similarity is offset by a modified track, now wider by 1.8 inches in the front and 1.5 inches out back, giving the 992 a larger footprint and bigger base. The 992 also marks the first use of staggered wheel diameters on a non-GT 911, with S and 4S models getting 20-inch wheels up front and 21-inchers out back. (Non-S Carrera cars, which will debut later, are said to utilize a 19- and 20-inch setup.) The biggest chassis change arrives with the revised Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) dampers, which are now “infinitely” adjustable regardless of wheel position. Before, the dampers were adjusted only when the wheel wasn’t moving up or down. This results in a wider spread between the Comfort and Sport suspensions settings—in other words, Comfort is more comfortable and Sport is sportier than ever.
Which makes me ask the question, does taking the PASM -10mm option in fact IMPROVE the comfort setting when in Comfort mode? (as opposed to comfort mode on the standard PASM)

Or does this improved comfort also apply to cars that aren't optioned with the -10mm extra?
Old 02-21-2019, 05:19 PM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by MacAna
That article says

Which makes me ask the question, does taking the PASM -10mm option in fact IMPROVE the comfort setting when in Comfort mode? (as opposed to comfort mode on the standard PASM)

Or does this improved comfort also apply to cars that aren't optioned with the -10mm extra?
No I don't think so.
I think comfort will be the same in comfort mode but probably we can feel the shorter suspensions little more stiffer in sport mode.

I've add it today before order blocked for starting production.

I've done that because all reviewer have tested the car with it and they all fell in love with it
Old 03-08-2019, 11:27 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,479 Likes on 950 Posts

You should get that sucker as close to a GT3 ride height as you can. So, go Sport PASM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:13 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 108 Posts

So I specified SPASM having not had it on my 991. How are those who have SPASM on their 992 cars finding it. Is it really ‘more comfortable in comfort and more sporty in sport mode’ as some mags have suggested?
Old 06-15-2019, 11:31 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

PASM is standard since 991.2 gen and that continues in 992. S PASM is the same thing mostly, but 5mm lower...10mm lower than standard non-PASM (which doesn't exist anymore?).

Honestly they both perform almost the same and many wouldn't even notice. Both are comfortable in normal mode (for sports car standards) and really firm in sport mode.

That ever so slight lowered looks better, but you'll scrap easier (never been been a problem for me though). Its actually rare on 'dealer stock' cars, but if I were getting an S, i'd go for it (not available for base cars so that people would go for S). Last thing I'd want is to buy a sports car thinking the wheel gap and ride height too high then go wanting to lower it... (been there done that though).
Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My car arrives in a week or two... I didn't take S-PASM, and not having driven it yet, I'm already regretting the decision.

The demos I've driven didn't have it either, but just the black lip and lowering makes me wish I had it. I hope I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: PASM sport -10mm lowered