Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   992 Configurator (Performance Oriented) (Haters Welcome) (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1127195-992-configurator-performance-oriented-haters-welcome.html)

Psorcery 02-01-2019 11:50 PM

992 Configurator (Performance Oriented) (Haters Welcome)

***DISCLAIMER*** This is not a hate thread but I welcome the people in the hate thread to see what they think? I think my build looks great.

What do you think of this build?

​​​​​​PLWP8QW1

I only ticked the performance options. Nothing else cosmetic other than the wheels and PCCB in black instead of yellow for an extra 1k. I ticked the "911" only badge as it was free and cleaner looking (stock badging has too much going on with all the different fonts). I also chose the exhaust tips to be in black since they're dummy tips and this was also free. Looks so much better. IMO this is the best bang for your buck because all the other options are way too overpriced. You can toggle to the stock wheels for a cheaper build but the way I have it configured looks the best while keeping it cheap.

I chose black color as this hides a lot of things. Things like the ugly front bumper and it's plastics. Sorry, not hating. Just accept the opinion. I do like the sport design bumper up front but the goal is to keep it cheap.

The interior stays as base as it comes. It already has a bunch of things I don't like and useless features to me.. Don't need to spend a dime inside. I'll reserve my full opinion on wet mode but I think it's junk. Especially for people who live in my climate where we see more than 300 days a year of pure sunshine.

Sport Package doesn't include RAS anymore (it did on the 991.2).. Yikes!

Change the background to white instead of the original one (on the configurator).

Lastly, you can't tell me the 992 sounds better than the 991.2. Nothing I've heard online or even on the configurator suggests that. It sounds the same... Even the spy videos on the Nurburgring it sounds the same or not as good as a 991.2 with PSE.. Perhaps inside the cabin they added some extra tubing for some noise... I'd really like to hear a clip of PSE vs non PSE on the 992. There's no difference in sound with or without PSE on the configurator.

darkknight26 02-02-2019 07:06 AM

If you look at the videos compilation thread there are 2 videos which demonstrate PSE and non-PSE from a standing start - both sound the same to me. PSE may have a little more ‘bass’ at low speeds. We really need a direct comparison vid.

DMDSpag 02-02-2019 11:11 AM

I'm following the same train of thought on my order. No PSE (waste of money and hideous), base white w/high gloss black standard wheels, standard leather interior or sport Tex with likely 4 way sport plus seats. PDK (hate all you want), no lighting upgrade..standard lights are now LED. Sport Chrono I'll order and PASM is now standard. I don't want lowered PASM, and I hate RAS (not as sporting imo). Standard audio is fine for me...I added a few small creauture comforts like heated steering and interior lighting package, some trim. The car is coming out to be pretty reasonable

Psorcery 02-02-2019 01:31 PM

Do you have a Porsche Code?

Needsdecaf 02-03-2019 12:12 AM

Black hides a lot of things? It sure as hell doesn’t hide dirt!

If if you are looking to save $, skip the PCCB’s.

dj997 02-03-2019 06:44 PM

Ya the sound is also something Id like to hear. I haven't heard any pops or crackles from the 992.

DMDSpag 02-03-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Psorcery (Post 15610883)
Do you have a Porsche Code?

I have two. Depending on how much money I have at the time, and I’m torn between the color combo...but it will likely be one or the other.

PLL6J9I5

or

PL2PRJS9

I checked out your code/build, and you definitely have a performance oriented build. For a black car, it looks very slick. I dropped the PCCB, RAS, and lowered PASM (basically sport chrono is the only one I feel was important for me since PASM is now standard.) RAS is a subjective thing, and PCCB I simply cannot afford. So your config will be fast around a track for sure.

My only critique for yours has to do with the seats. Sport plus 4 ways are said to be highly regarded, and for a performance oriented build you may want the lateral support instead of the sport seats 4 way. Everyone praises the 14 way sports, 18 way sport + or 4 way sport + , but I haven’t read much about the 4 way sports.

Bobby 911 02-05-2019 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 15611931)
Black hides a lot of things? It sure as hell doesn’t hide dirt!

If if you are looking to save $, skip the PCCB’s.

Friends don't let friends skip ceramics.

groundhog 02-05-2019 09:47 AM

moved comment below

Archimedes 02-09-2019 04:44 PM

Can’t see the build, but my advice is do the five spokes, PCCB and PDCC.

i wouldn’t do RAS unless you have a chance to test drive it first and make sure you like it.

groundhog 02-09-2019 11:40 PM

Get RAS it gives an extra 1.5 degrees of slip angle - this is good to have (given you have 4 degrees to play with). Its standard on the GT cars. Improves both high and low speed cornering. PDCC will work well with the wider track.

With PCCB the test is directly related to the question how and where do you drive the car. For example where I live some of the back roads are given an occasional gravel wash = 1 to 2 stones per year caught in calipers - no problem for steelies but potentially a very big and costly one for carbon ceramics. Likewise if you're a track junkie stick with steelies - more cost effective, large range of pad types available with different characteristics.

rk-d 02-11-2019 08:44 AM

This is not strictly performance oriented - but I'd get comfort access for $550. It still blows my mind that Porsche has the audacity to charge for this Hyundai standard feature.

Bobby 911 02-11-2019 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by groundhog (Post 15628100)
Get RAS it gives an extra 1.5 degrees of slip angle - this is good to have (given you have 4 degrees to play with). Its standard on the GT cars. Improves both high and low speed cornering. PDCC will work well with the wider track.

With PCCB the test is directly related to the question how and where do you drive the car. For example where I live some of the back roads are given an occasional gravel wash = 1 to 2 stones per year caught in calipers - no problem for steelies but potentially a very big and costly one for carbon ceramics. Likewise if you're a track junkie stick with steelies - more cost effective, large range of pad types available with different characteristics.

After having both RAS and PCCBs, I couldn't go back. Both are must haves. If you're short on funds, just skip the frilly stuff -- then there's your money for the key performance options.