Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   Lane Change Ass vs. LCA Speed Limit Indicator (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1126933-lane-change-ass-vs-lca-speed-limit-indicator.html)

triplekg 01-31-2019 08:03 AM

Lane Change Ass vs. LCA Speed Limit Indicator

Can somebody please tell me what the difference is on the new 992

The premium package inc LCA include speed limiter - but you can still Add LCA as an option??

Does the top one include the LCA that is on the 991 with the lights on the side doors?

DKST 01-31-2019 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 15605497)
Can somebody please tell me what the difference is on the new 992

The premium package inc LCA include speed limiter - but you can still Add LCA as an option??

Does the top one include the LCA that is on the 991 with the lights on the side doors?

It's two different things:

Lane KEEP Assist incl. Speed limit indicator
  • Lane Keep Assist uses a camera to detect divider line markings on the road and helps the driver to stay in lane by making corrective steering inputs (active at approximately 40 - 155 mph)
  • Traffic sign recognition uses a camera and navigation data to detect speed limits, no overtaking zones (start and end) and infer local traffic codes (from boundary signs). Information is displayed in the instrument cluster

Lane CHANGE Assist:
  • Alerts the driver to vehicles rapidly approaching from behind or vehicles travelling at the same speed in potential blind spots.
  • The warning is emitted by lights in the exterior mirrors. The function is activated by the driver using Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and is available from approximately 9 - 155 mph.
  • Below this speed range, Turn Assist (rear) also comes to the driver's aid by monitoring the area to the rear of the vehicle in turning situations

Pegg 02-01-2019 12:11 AM

Does the 992 come standard with blind spot warning lights or are these only present when the LCA package is ordered?

DKST 02-01-2019 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pegg (Post 15607716)
Does the 992 come standard with blind spot warning lights or are these only present when the LCA package is ordered?

only with LCA package

stealthpilot 02-01-2019 09:07 AM

They picked the wrong one for the premium package. I would rather have the LCA than the LKA. I hate LKA and switch it off. Can't imagine any performance car driver would want a feature that interferes with the steering.

triplekg 02-01-2019 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by stealthpilot (Post 15608106)
They picked the wrong one for the premium package. I would rather have the LCA than the LKA. I hate LKA and switch it off. Can't imagine any performance car driver would want a feature that interferes with the steering.

I agree - LCA is great on my 2018 turbo. I;ve had the other options on cars and wasn't fond of it.

Psorcery 02-01-2019 11:25 PM

LKA is straight bad and dangerous in every car i've driven.. Especially the ones that also abruptly slam the brakes for you.

Wouldn't want a sports cart that has it's own steering inputs.. Then again this is the direction Porsche is going with.

bmcginn 02-02-2019 11:18 AM

I think it’s a matter of personal preference. LKA on my wife’s AMG GLE 63S is more aggressive than it is on my Panamera Turbo. Personally, I like it but not as much as I like the other electronic driving aids.