Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Still waiting to order a manual. WHEN are they going to announce?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:57 PM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well just found out July is now May 24th. I’ll take it.
The following users liked this post:
MiamiNYer (02-13-2022)
Old 02-17-2019, 02:45 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to ask around to all of you who ordered within Europe: did you get any update/news regarding your expected delivery date?

Talked to my dealer yesterday: he said that for some cars there could be delays from orignally planned delivery dates in March, now being delivered in May/June.

My order was/is supposed to be built in February, delivery expected March. He will ask for confirmation from the wholesale importeur here in Austria/Salzburg... hope for the best ����
Old 02-17-2019, 04:04 PM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Just wondering if you went to V250 earlier. I was just notified that my Car went to V250 on Feb 14th vs original date of 3/22. Looks like earlier deliveries for U.S. Cars.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:08 PM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

This note was intended for U.S. Buyers.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM
bmcginn
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve been thinking about the manual transmission in the 992. As I understand it, the PDK shifter (I refuse to call it a nubbin) was sized the way it was because the designers were concerned that a larger shifter would get in the way of the buttons on the dash. If that’s the case, how are they going to put a manual shifter in that location.
M. Schneider (12-21-2021)
Old 02-17-2019, 11:01 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcginn
I’ve been thinking about the manual transmission in the 992. As I understand it, the PDK shifter (I refuse to call it a nubbin) was sized the way it was because the designers were concerned that a larger shifter would get in the way of the buttons on the dash. If that’s the case, how are they going to put a manual shifter in that location.
Good question. In my 991 the shifter blocks some of the buttons, so my guess is that if it happens with the 992, we'll just have to live with it.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:30 PM
atombomb33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Still waiting to order a manual. WHEN are they going to announce?
Same here! I asked my sales associate a few weeks back and he couldn't give a firm date of when ordering of the manual would open up. He said "it should be in the next few months."
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
Just wanted to ask around to all of you who ordered within Europe: did you get any update/news regarding your expected delivery date?

Talked to my dealer yesterday: he said that for some cars there could be delays from orignally planned delivery dates in March, now being delivered in May/June.

My order was/is supposed to be built in February, delivery expected March. He will ask for confirmation from the wholesale importeur here in Austria/Salzburg... hope for the best ����
My car (C2S Cab) has a build date of 20th March and should be here in London ready for me to collect mid April. I checked with them yesterday and these dates have not changed.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 AM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ST BERNARD
Just wondering if you went to V250 earlier. I was just notified that my Car went to V250 on Feb 14th vs original date of 3/22. Looks like earlier deliveries for U.S. Cars.

Not that I know of yet. Had not checked in a week or so. Will check with my dealer again. Mine says v250 on March 15th. Completion on April 5th. That had been the same since the original acceptance. My dealer inventory date was what changed from July to May 24th. I will see if it has moved forward in other stages now.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

One other question: so far obviously only 3 customers did get the “Event Key” List with explicit details and dates for the production/delivery cyle, which were Pietrostone (in Italy), DKST (in Switzerland), Pegg (in US).The only Info I got from my dealer (in Austria) so far was, that the car will be a February production slot, which should be delivered in the course of May. Unfortunately, even up today (20th February) I could not get any confirmation that the car was being produced nor when it will be delivered…
Did anyone else get this detailed “Event Key” from his dealer? I thought that dealers should have this kind of information for all orders which have been officially placed to the manufactor!?
Old 02-20-2019, 10:50 AM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

If you have a Commission number your Dealer has the, ”Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management system”. This clearly gives u key event dates and changes throughout the entire process. As I previously stated I went to V250 five weeks earlier than planned. I was told because of the changeover in production,to the 992, that dates were changing. When I asked if I would get my car earlier than June 14th the response was they would not know until actual production started which is now more than a month away.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:58 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,168 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by MoAlamdar

what would be the best interior color with GT silver? I don’t prefer red. So black, blue or brown???
Silver over black is classic but a bit boring to me. Nothing wrong with it but the club brown or blue would be much more interesting and would be my choice if doing GT silver and not red.
M. Schneider (01-09-2022)
Old 02-22-2019, 12:25 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Silver over black is classic but a bit boring to me. Nothing wrong with it but the club brown or blue would be much more interesting and would be my choice if doing GT silver and not red.
The graphite blue with chalk stitching looks nice.
M. Schneider (01-09-2022)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:08 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

Hi guys,

just got a call from my dealer, as I requested several times the delivery date for my planned February-production car!

feedback I got: Porsche Interauto (Salzburg) which is the general importer for Porsche in Austria just announced that the originally ordered and officially provided February production-quote was shifted by 3 months to May - without any reasoning!

very angry and disappointed now, as I send my configuration to my dealer at the same day of the presentation on 29th of November - which was actually the first day you can file and and bindingly book a quote.

obviously, this was not good for anything, as I'm now sitting here without getting a car in time which I was waiting for since November...

Dealer said, the only cars he gets are three dealer cars, which all have been pre-sold already! First fully configured customer cars should arrive only in May/June ...

don´t know if this delay holds true for all other dealers here in Austria as well (caused by the general importer) or if it is different from dealer to dealer.

fingers crossed that you are not affected by this either!
The following 2 users liked this post by hymo1200:
electricborn (02-17-2023), M. Schneider (01-09-2022)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!