Old 01-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Bolo
User

Old 01-06-2019, 03:52 PM
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn View Post
It's about symmetry. In my view if it's ok for the dealer to squeeze the client's ballz until he sings when they're selling GT3s, and extract a massive rent in the form of ADM, then it's ok for the client to do the same squeezing when he's buying a low demand, unconstrained supply model.
Ding ding ding

Goes both ways. If a dealer wants to sell GT cars at the "market rate" then I want to know what the "market rate" is for the 992 and any other Pcar for that matter as well. Am I going to pass on a 992 over ~5k? Absolutely not if I want the car. Am I going to agree to the price the dealer offers out the gate/MSRP on a 992? Not without asking or seeing what the "market rate" is first

And based on some of the backlash and availability of allocations from just about every dealer I've casually conversed with, I don't think it will be particularly hard to source a 992
Old 01-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Bloose993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
$4k should be easy anywhere...I know my SA can do much better since $4k is only about 3% based on a $130k build, which I just guessed is the average 911 price.
Please share. I'm sure you will be sending your SA allot of business if he's doing better than $4k off on a brand new redesigned 911 that hasn't even hit the lots.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:34 PM
gatorfast
User

Originally Posted by limegreen View Post
This thread is absolutely hilarious. The car wonít be stateside for another 4-6 months and people are already worried about what kind of deal they are going to get!

Your buying an extremely expensive car that no one needs so if your really that concerned with saving money simply donít buy one at all. That way you can hold onto every dollar you supposedly worked so hard to make which will likely just get blown on something else that you donít need either...

Try to take your individual life story out of it and realize these Porsche dealers work with a majority of customers who are in extremely profitible careers with incomes that are often very disproportionate to the amount of ď workĒ put in.

Acting as if the ď evil, greedy ď dealership, with its insane overhead and hard working people in sales , parts and service arenít worthy of a profit demonstrates very clearly where the greed lies.

The real problem with the so called ďfrugal richĒ is that they have no problem taking your money so long as you donít even think about taking theirs.

It was Roger Waters who put it best in the Pink Floyd song ď MoneyĒ :

ďMoney, it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pieĒ

A little harsh donít you think? Are you suggesting itís beneath someone of such vast wealth as to try to negotiate a better price on something? Seems pretty common sense to me to negotiate the price of a car whether itís a Honda Civic or Porsche 911. Money is money and most people donít want to spend more than they have to no matter what their personal economic circumstance.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Jax15GTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey BOB Z
Sent you pm.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:10 PM
LexVan
Addict
Rennlist Member

I always wonder for every guy that's getting a 5% discount, how many guys are paying full MSRP?
Old 01-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jax15GTS View Post
Hey BOB Z
Sent you pm.
And I replied...glad to help.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT View Post
Please share. I'm sure you will be sending your SA allot of business if he's doing better than $4k off on a brand new redesigned 911 that hasn't even hit the lots.
PM me if you like. If I were an SA I would rather sell all my allocations at a 3-5% discount than dick around with people trying to get them to pay sticker or offering 1-2% off, and not have steady business. And the more a dealer sells the more allocations they will get. My SA did not even have an allocation for what I first wanted but he submitted the order and they got the allocation in 4 days. The Internet changed everything years ago and most people start online in forums like these, no matter what brand one is buying.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 AM
Es macht nichts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by limegreen View Post
Your buying an extremely expensive car that no one needs so if your really that concerned with saving money simply donít buy one at all. That way you can hold onto every dollar you supposedly worked so hard to make which will likely just get blown on something else that you donít need either...

^^^^^ this
Old 01-11-2019, 04:44 PM
John Mclane
User

In Chicago, Barrington 2%, Napleton 0%
This area really sucks for cars...
Old 01-11-2019, 04:47 PM
LexVan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Mclane View Post
I disagree. We are lucky. We have a ton of options and competition. Go to Westmont. Go to Skokie. Go to Highland Park. You can even go to Springfield and the Quad Cities, and still be close to home. But, botton line, the 992 is just too knew. Give it a few months.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Buy out of state and have it delivered to a dealer in your area via Courtesy Delivery, where the car comes to the dealer directly from Germany and PCNA pays the receiving dealer $600 for the PDI.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:38 PM
John Mclane
User

Originally Posted by LexVan
I always wonder for every guy that's getting a 5% discount, how many guys are paying full MSRP?
I asked that when I bought my last car, seller told me near half the people don't bother arguing prices. Explains some stealerships behavior if you try to negotiate. They feel nearly offended.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:06 PM
John Mclane
User

The trade in appraisals are also very low as expected with a new product out. The added aggravation is that the trade in values are low Now, with final value being unpredictable if one waits for the new car to arrive (July at best for cab). I would imagine 1k per month and $1 per mile to predict the final trade. In my case, wo an extra car to allow the wait, is a no go. Besides, the launch cars will most likely have what I want (18 way seats and the 2 packages), leaving color combos as the major variant. Let them soak in the lots for a bit.
If there were a single real competitor outside the brand I would have gone. The dealers feel they are doing you a favor in taking your money. Quite different from 2008-09...
Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM
slc4s
User

The trade in appraisals are also very low as expected with a new product out. The added aggravation is that the trade in values are low Now, with final value being unpredictable if one waits for the new car to arrive (July at best for cab). I would imagine 1k per month and $1 per mile to predict the final trade. In my case, wo an extra car to allow the wait, is a no go. Besides, the launch cars will most likely have what I want (18 way seats and the 2 packages), leaving color combos as the major variant. Let them soak in the lots for a bit.
If there were a single real competitor outside the brand I would have gone. The dealers feel they are doing you a favor in taking your money. Quite different from 2008-09...
your comment about no single competitor... I used to hate that comment but now Iím in the market for a fun car, budget in or around that price range, need to be able to have a kid (or RARELY two) in the back seat. Only thing I can really cross shop are the new M5 and E63s, which are obviously very different cars (although both pretty awesome). 911 still owns its niche itís amazing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: