Sponsored by:

Christophorus - 992 Dedicated Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
The marketing is heavy you say? When I first flipped it open I was pretty sure those posed pictures of Mark Webber and Angelique Kerber were taken for a clothing style magazine. I can't really comment on the article because it was difficult to read while tears of simultaneous laughter and disgust filled my eyes.

LOL!!! Well, I'll just say that I can appreciate the effort. Still, there is good information in the magazine if you can get by the heavy hand.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:45 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

I agree about Mark and the tennis player.....not sure why/how that is important. Having said that, it is the best Christophorus in a long time IMO.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Christophorus is a Porsche brochure crossed with a fashion magazine.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:19 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
To me it speaks volumes about the brand and how it continues to evolves. Porsche is a fashion company. Just like the majority of people don't care about the precision accuracy the movement in their swiss watch has or that their italian designer shoes were made in China.

Cars are being sold to less than knowledgeable consumers who are more interested in style and image.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:51 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Also known as Watch-iferous.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Name:  lUW0xZY.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  105.3 KB
Old 01-02-2019, 11:01 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

The marketing is heavy you say? When I first flipped it open I was pretty sure those posed pictures of Mark Webber and Angelique Kerber were taken for a clothing style magazine. I can't really comment on the article because it was difficult to read while tears of simultaneous laughter and disgust filled my eyes.

She is WAY too far away from the steering wheel. They are both going to die.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I have no decision yet because I want to configure a C2 with a manual transmission and there is no information on it to date. According to a couple of posters, it won't be available until the fall. That's when my lease is up so it will be a quick decision.

BTW, the window to build a 991.2 has passed, so the decision will be to order a 992 if available, buy this one off of the lease, or turn it in and wait.
If you really want to build/order a 991.2, with a discount, drop me a PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
The good news is that it will come as a surprise when it happens, because she can't possibly see where she's going. Look at that window sill, it comes up to her chin!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:35 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

I think everyone is misinterpreting the photo - shes about to bale out, shes got the thousand yard stare - mark has told her for the fiftieth time that she can eliminate front end under steer by getting on the brakes, loading up the front end and then turn in.

Shes thinking get me out of here - I'm not interested in the intake temperatures, WTF is under steer and where is the eject button - oh its down there, looks just like a lady shave Why am I listening to this guy, is he speaking flemish and I'm not interested in buying one of his barbeques - what were Porsche thinking arggghhhh the eject lever doesn't work. I know, I'll aim for that tree.......

Ah its all clicking into place ......Cayman T...........991 T...................Porsche marketing have identified another marketing niche - Tennis players

Porsche always ahead
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 AM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Look at the angle of her legs... There is NO WAY she has either foot on the pedals. Her feet are flat on the floor because the car is standing still during this horribly cheesy posed fashion shot.

How embarrassing that a Porsche magazine centered around "automobiles" ( watches and fashion clothing models) can be just as bad as poor TV/Movie car scenes where the actor is supposedly driving but the steering wheel is upside down and the gauges are all resting at zero.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:55 AM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
To me it speaks volumes about the brand and how it continues to evolves. Porsche is a fashion company. Just like the majority of people don't care about the precision accuracy the movement in their swiss watch has or that their italian designer shoes were made in China.

Cars are being sold to less than knowledgeable consumers who are more interested in style and image.
I have long feared that marketing would lead to the death of the enthusiast brands. Once Porsche and BMW bit the apple and began really listening to these over educated and over paid with little to no practical experience marketing "consultants" it was all over and now we are firmly in the first 3 stages of the Kübler-Ross model.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:52 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Audis is worse...........rarely even open it. Not sure who these appeal to but Jag, Merc etc all have them. Certainly not the enthusiast. I guess we are a very small percentage of their customer base.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:31 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Look at the angle of her legs... There is NO WAY she has either foot on the pedals. Her feet are flat on the floor because the car is standing still during this horribly cheesy posed fashion shot.

...:
Great, thanks, now I sprayed coffee all over my keyboard and can't stop laughing...
Old 01-03-2019, 01:23 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

wow. you are totally right. the car isn't even moving. the window is down and the photographer is standing right there snapping away. still, i stand by my assessment that they are both going to die.

Quick Reply: Christophorus - 992 Dedicated Edition