Asking The Important Questions: Upgraded Audio Over 991? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 992
Reload this Page >

Asking The Important Questions: Upgraded Audio Over 991?

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

Asking The Important Questions: Upgraded Audio Over 991?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:12 AM
DKST
User

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA View Post
No one knows yet if the new Bose will suck as bad on 992. Will have to wait for first delivers, as car reviews rarely even mention the stereo. Probably won't be amazing, but who knows.
I'll receive mine end of March. I told my dealer already that during pickup, I will test the frequency band from left to right in order to spot weaknesses. Currently, in my 991.2's Bose system, there are deficiencies in the mids & lows in combination with the build quality of the door isolation. The lower frequency band can lead to noticable vibrations inside the door which I'm absolutely allergic to.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:39 AM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DKST View Post
I'll receive mine end of March. I told my dealer already that during pickup, I will test the frequency band from left to right in order to spot weaknesses. Currently, in my 991.2's Bose system, there are deficiencies in the mids & lows in combination with the build quality of the door isolation. The lower frequency band can lead to noticable vibrations inside the door which I'm absolutely allergic to.
No vibes in my Targa doors, and I have tested the lows. I can feel them though with my left arm on the door but that is it.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:05 AM
garfunkle
User

Originally Posted by darkknight26 View Post
Let's not blow this out of proportion. The Bose is miles better than the stock radio and adequate probably for 90% of users. I've never had any complaints from 991.2 passengers.
This is true. Just like a Toyota Camry is nice to 90% of the population. I don't sweat the stereo in my sports cars... these things are like discovering good coffee.... you get used to making great coffee at home and it just pisses you off when you can't find good coffee away from home. Sometimes ignorance is better. If the base or Bose is good enough then don't go down the rabbit hole! haha.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:24 PM
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is Porsche nuts want it all....we graduate from Boxsters to Carreras to GT cars, etc...Porsche treated us with great marketing and the Burmeister actually is one of those things that is worth it and appreciably better than the Bose system.....to the ear that is...
Old 12-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Get the Bose and get some high-flow Cats, which I did from Soul Performance, and I find that I keep the volumne low on the radio so I can get a nice mix of music and exhaust sound...perfect.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Guest89
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question for those of you who can't live without Burmester - are you listening to streaming music?
Old 12-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Dan Nagy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zwhaler View Post
The BOSE has been updated. I attached two screenshots: one from the 991.2 C2S BOSE info, and one from the 992. Price is the same.

991.2 C2S BOSE $1600

992.1 C2S BOSE $1600

Thanks kindly. It looks like the same Bose crap. I guess customer opinion on this machts nichts when it comes to Bose. Marketing: offer an absolute crap base stereo, offer a slightly less than crappy $1600 upgrade, but if you want to listen to music, spend a stupid amount of money.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:34 PM
chance6
User

Originally Posted by Guest89 View Post
Question for those of you who can't live without Burmester - are you listening to streaming music?
Sometimes. But I also listen to XM, which is also better. When going thru Apple CarPlay, if I have the volume up to about 1/2 capacity it is flat perfect. Will go higher though, into crazy volume levels and the Bass can support it.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:22 PM
bmcginn
User

At almost 66 years old my hearing isn’t nearly what it used to be. I own a 2018 Panamera Turbo that I spec’d with the standard Bose audio system and couldn’t be happier. We all have our priorities when we option out a new build and there was no way I was going to spend $5k for an upgraded audio system. But that’s my two cents.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:35 AM
BasaltBlack911
User

Originally Posted by darkknight26 View Post
Let's not blow this out of proportion. The Bose is miles better than the stock radio and adequate probably for 90% of users. I've never had any complaints from 991.2 passengers.
Had the Bose on my 991 and liked it. The Bose in my Cayenne sounds great. Burmeister would be wonderful but it’s priced 3X what it ought to be. Other manufacturers add it for 1500-2000.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:37 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
User

I am a huge music lover. I had Bose in my C2 cab. Underwhelmed, to say the least. I sprung for the Burmester for my C2 GTS cab. Worth every penny, to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: