Sponsored by:

992 Sport Design Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 06:55 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
Really nice comparison of the sport design package vs standard in the following youtube video. It's in German, but basically he says he prefers the SD . Overall he loves the way the car drives, thinks it's a big step up, while overall is less convinced about the design changes, although they are growing on him. He is not a fan of the nubbin.

Start at the 8:30 minute mark to see the cars side by side.
The yellow SD cab looks incredible, and I hate 911 cabs. I now realize how massive a difference the SD package makes, even at the rear (which before I thought was worse than the standard rear). The front looks like an aggressive yet elegant 911 again. Moving the license plate to the middle (a'la 991) does wonders to make the rear look less bloated/bulbous and lean it out. Huge difference. Clearly the 991/992 architecture is intended to have that area carved out in the center of the bumper as opposed to the bottom of it. One thing I hugely dislike are the needlessly fussy and gimmicky door handles. Firstly, you don't even notice they're "flat" as the door handles on any 991 are anything but intrusive. Second, they just look so dainty and fragile in how thin they are and how they inevitably won't work as well as hard handles (which you will never have to "wait for," cater to the nature of their function or get annoyed by) and probably even more inevitably will break or malfunction. Pointless move and I don't even thing they got the design implementation right.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
The yellow SD cab looks incredible, and I hate 911 cabs. I now realize how massive a difference the SD package makes, even at the rear (which before I thought was worse than the standard rear). The front looks like an aggressive yet elegant 911 again. Moving the license plate to the middle (a'la 991) does wonders to make the rear look less bloated/bulbous and lean it out. Huge difference. Clearly the 991/992 architecture is intended to have that area carved out in the center of the bumper as opposed to the bottom of it. One thing I hugely dislike are the needlessly fussy and gimmicky door handles. Firstly, you don't even notice they're "flat" as the door handles on any 991 are anything but intrusive. Second, they just look so dainty and fragile in how thin they are and how they inevitably won't work as well as hard handles (which you will never have to "wait for," cater to the nature of their function or get annoyed by) and probably even more inevitably will break or malfunction. Pointless move and I don't even thing they got the design implementation right.
I agree the yellow cab looks pretty amazing from front and side with Sports Design. Actually, I think for once the cab looks better than the coupe in a 911. I don’t like the bulbous hump (obviously where the engine is) in prior cabs, but the designers seemed to have improved it with the use of shape and visual lines in the rear metal lid where the retractable roof goes. And I agree with you that Sports Design rear further makes rear end of the cab look sleeker. I still don’t like the shape and thickness of rear light bar and the brake light (basically the back is ugly compared to 991 coupes). It wouldn’t be hard for Porsche to improve this in 992.2. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but cab has made a huge comeback. I’d be interested to see how the sales numbers shake out in future.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:21 PM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 71 Posts

This is black lettering as seen on some of the new convertible pics/videos. Hopefully on the configurator very soon.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 AM
aleguizz
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 04-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Mvagusta
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Truffle interior on Chalk?

[QUOTE=aleguizz;15795028] Do you have more pictures?
Old 04-24-2019, 10:09 AM
aleguizz
Instructor

No. I'm sorry. This picture found in internet. My 992 is identical. It will arrive in May. Then I will post many pictures
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM
B3rk
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by aleguizz
I specced these stock headlights (with SD) thinking it was all black as it shows in the configurator. Now I see that the upper part is grey/silver. I hope I wont be dissapointed!

All tho I like the stock lights more then the matrix personally.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 AM
aleguizz
Instructor

Originally Posted by B3rk
I specced these stock headlights (with SD) thinking it was all black as it shows in the configurator. Now I see that the upper part is grey/silver. I hope I wont be dissapointed!

I think the same thing. I ordered the standar headlights because in the configurator they were all black and without that silver round (PDLS)I don't like the matrix ones because there is too much chrome.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I think it looks good in a different kind of way.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:40 AM
B3rk
Instructor

Originally Posted by aleguizz
I think the same thing. I ordered the standar headlights because in the configurator they were all black and without that silver round (PDLS)I don't like the matrix ones because there is too much chrome.
exactly the same for me! It is quite the fault because look at the first picture in this thread, those are the same lights and the silver part is black there!

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I think it looks good in a different kind of way.
depends on your spec, in a more Classic spec it is no problem, but I went lizard green with SD and satin black wheels. I think that silver in the headlights will look weird 🤯
Old 04-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

exactly the same for me! It is quite the fault because look at the first picture in this thread, those are the same lights and the silver part is black there!

depends on your spec, in a more Classic spec it is no problem, but I went lizard green with SD and satin black wheels. I think that silver in the headlights will look weird 🤯
I hope you post pics of the Lizard Green. That looks fantastic. If I order a 992, I think it will be Miami Blue or Lizard Green. It's a long way off as I want to wait for a MT C2.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:56 AM
darkblack
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Best look for the 992 with the SD I think.....but did you guys miss this then? Shared on another thread. I'm waiting for the official announcement.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:07 PM
B3rk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I hope you post pics of the Lizard Green. That looks fantastic. If I order a 992, I think it will be Miami Blue or Lizard Green. It's a long way off as I want to wait for a MT C2.
I will, it’s a cab and it should arrive end of may.

Originally Posted by darkblack
Best look for the 992 with the SD I think.....but did you guys miss this then? Shared on another thread. I'm waiting for the official announcement.

Didn’t miss it, I just thought the stock LED were black just as they are in the configurator!
Old 04-25-2019, 12:39 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 514 Posts

Sport Design front end looks like a Turbo/TTS to a degree, which is good..........
Old 04-28-2019, 01:56 AM
Golfster
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

The SD front looks just right, but I prefer the standard rear.

Quick Reply: 992 Sport Design Package