Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full leather interior = worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:16 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Deviated stitching has been standard when you pick a two tone interior, not sure it it's still that way.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:50 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
You are wrong.
Originally Posted by slc4s
How so? I went and looked at the interiors in person in LA. The only things that change leather wise are if you get the fabric inserts on the seats or there is the package that replaces the trim inserts with leather. But as far as I can tell there isn't a 992 available right now without the leather dash and door cards that used to constitute the difference between full and non-full leather interiors.
Different markets offer different levels of standard spec. In the UK/US, full leather appears to be standard and Bose optional, whereas in South Africa, we have to pay around $6000 for leather but Bose is standard. There are various other differences.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Check out the leather on this build sheet, around $14k of leather extras. I'm just glad I'm not the guy who bought this car first. It's gorgeous and makes the car special, but you better buy it for yourself, because the next guy's not going to ascribe much value to it, if any.

As for durability, mine has held up just fine with absolutely zero issues. It's gorgeous, expensive but gorgeous.

Interesting, I'm the guy who ordered that car. My first Porsche, I spent a lot of time on those options. Loved the car and found someone who appreciated the the spec as much as I did when I sold it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. For me, the uniqueness and quality of that leather interior was easily worth the added cost.

I also ordered a TT RS and would bet I have the only one in the U.S. with the Exclusive Palomino brown leather interior.

I've spec'd a 992 that is similar but came in at a lower msrp. The 992 needs the leather options in my opinion if you really want something special.

And yes, it's a good bet buying a used car from me.
The following 4 users liked this post by Rapture1:
363ny (02-10-2020), bamabenz (06-08-2022), detansinn (02-10-2020), dhirm5 (02-10-2020)
Old 12-17-2018, 04:04 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,171 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture1
Interesting, I'm the guy who ordered that car. My first Porsche, I spent a lot of time on those options. Loved the car and found someone who appreciated the the spec as much as I did when I sold it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. For me, the uniqueness and quality of that leather interior was easily worth the added cost.

I also ordered a TT RS and would bet I have the only one in the U.S. with the Exclusive Palomino brown leather interior.

I've spec'd a 992 that is similar but came in at a lower msrp. The 992 needs the leather options in my opinion if you really want something special.

I totally appreciate the over specced interiors.... It makes the car feel special and at this price point the added hit you would take on resale can be worth it. Lets see a pic of the Palomino!
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (02-10-2020)
Old 12-17-2018, 06:03 PM
atombomb33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Deviated stitching has been standard when you pick a two tone interior, not sure it it's still that way.
Ah. Maybe that's why I don't see it in the configurator - I'm only considering a black interior. Wish they offered a grey/silver deviated stitching on the black leather.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

I totally appreciate the over specced interiors.... It makes the car feel special and at this price point the added hit you would take on resale can be worth it. Lets see a pic of the Palomino!
Here are a few pictures. The Palomino has has a deviated grey stitch. The exterior is also Exclusive, Porsche Grey-Black. Looking to add a few more leather touches via Frank at Exclusive Options.
Attached Images    
Old 12-17-2018, 11:08 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,171 Likes on 591 Posts

Here are a few pictures. The Palomino has has a deviated grey stitch. The exterior is also Exclusive, Porsche Grey-Black. Looking to add a few more leather touches via Frank at Exclusive Options.
Thats lovely... well done.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:35 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Ah. Maybe that's why I don't see it in the configurator - I'm only considering a black interior. Wish they offered a grey/silver deviated stitching on the black leather.
It used to be an option on monotone interiors, not sure about the stitching color options though.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Thats lovely... well done.
Thanks,
Old 02-10-2020, 03:45 PM
nvaliduser
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

..imagine how great the Bang & Olufsen audio upgrade would be....lovely. Maybe one day Porsche will have 'better than Bose' but down slightly from Burmerster.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:29 PM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

You are clearly a person with excellent taste. It's a pleasure to behold a car like that, even if only in pictures.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:40 PM
AKSteve
Banned

Received 815 Likes on 456 Posts

What's "Club Leather?" I've seen that mentioned once or twice but have no idea what it means.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:38 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by AKSteve
What's "Club Leather?" I've seen that mentioned once or twice but have no idea what it means.
Just a higher grade of leather, with finer grain. It's significantly softer than the regular- or part-leather, so wear could be an issue. We spec'd it in our 9Y0 Cayenne Turbo with the 18-way Sport Seats and love the combo. Get compliments on it all the time. Wear has not been a problem after a year. Bolsters, seat backs and cushions are holding up fine.

Additionally (in the Cayenne at least) the Club Leather gives off a much stronger odor -- in a good way. Smells like you're trapped in a high-end smoking room without the smoke. It was lovely for the first nine months, but has toned down some since. It's still very noticeable.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:19 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Full leather is a necessity. If you never saw a full leather car, then you might be ok with the standard interior. Once you see it, it can’t be unseen and then standard just looks cheap.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jack F:
AlexCeres (02-14-2020), Jay-S (02-16-2020), slwong23 (02-13-2020), TennisGuy (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 08:57 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

Good spec.

Quick Reply: Full leather interior = worth it?