Which black wheels to go with my 992? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

Which black wheels to go with my 992?

Old 12-13-2018, 08:00 PM
darkknight26
User

Aren't the new pads in the 992 supposed reduce brake dust by 90%?. Heard these are already fitted to the new Macans?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:06 PM
LexVan
Addict
Rennlist Member

My favorite black wheels are the shiny silver ones.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:45 PM
StormRune
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by darkknight26 View Post
Aren't the new pads in the 992 supposed reduce brake dust by 90%?. Heard these are already fitted to the new Macans?
If that's true, and if they'll make a retrofit rotor/pad for earlier models, I'll pay some fairly good money for them!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
If that's true, and if they'll make a retrofit rotor/pad for earlier models, I'll pay some fairly good money for them!
Me, too - waiting on part#s.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:44 PM
bheit1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Black wheels don't look good on anything, except maybe heavy equipment.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you really think Silver wheels would better than Black on this? I don't.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:14 PM
iammacey
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm definitely in the black wheel club and prefer Satin Black. Also encourage having them coated with a nano coating of some kind. I have Gtechniq C5 on my GT4 and it makes cleanup way easier. It's a PCCB car, but I put a set of Girodisc iron rotors on it, so it obviously produces a ton of brake dust. Having the wheels and calipers coated makes cleaning them night and day. And installing the coating is a very simple process.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Opti-coat on my Satin wheels and calipers, which helps reduce the dust and I actually tried to blow it off with my breath, and I could.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:59 PM
darkknight26
User

I’ve had Gtechniq coating on my satin black wheels but still it’s an effort to get them super clean.
Any thoughts on powerdercoating vs painted? The cost is similar to OE option, just wondering wether powercoating would more durable/ easier to clean?
Old 12-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by darkknight26 View Post
I’ve had Gtechniq coating on my satin black wheels but still it’s an effort to get them super clean.
Any thoughts on powerdercoating vs painted? The cost is similar to OE option, just wondering wether powercoating would more durable/ easier to clean?
Either is fine but get them ceramic coated, which makes cleaning so much easier.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:18 PM
911NOLA
User

Bob, My new GTS has the CL Turbo S wheels. I am having the car picked up from the dealer Wednesday for PPF/ceramic on the body of the car. I'm still trying to decide about ceramic (the installer uses Ceramic Pro) on the wheels. Did it add any shine to the wheel? I'm not sure I want that.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911NOLA View Post
Bob, My new GTS has the CL Turbo S wheels. I am having the car picked up from the dealer Wednesday for PPF/ceramic on the body of the car. I'm still trying to decide about ceramic (the installer uses Ceramic Pro) on the wheels. Did it add any shine to the wheel? I'm not sure I want that.
You will be fine as it should be totally transparent with no change to the sheen on the wheels.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:37 PM
iammacey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911NOLA View Post
The nano coating for wheels and calipers isn't typically the same as what goes on the car. I have the satin black wheels on the GT4 and my girlfriend has them on her 718. I also just bought a set of OZs for the Fiesta ST and coated those myself. No change in appearance at all. But cleaning them is considerably easier and I would highly recommend it along with your brake calipers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: