Sponsored by:

Question for California 911 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:14 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by phow
Moved to Venice the past May from Chicago. Wife and I love it. Will probably buy in Pacific Palisades soon. I have seen 1 day of rain since I have been here. I would never option AWD unless it was standard or required for some other option(s) I wanted. My brother lives out by Pasadena. I personally love west LA since I have close proximity to PCH and all of the canyons but I'm always jealous that my brother has Angeles Crest Hwy in his backyard... Just did a run on up to Mt Wilson last Sunday in the GT3 and it was incredible. There are 911 meet-ups every weekend. I'll be at the Museum of Flying for PCA's cars and coffee in Santa Monica on Sunday.

If you are into cars and driving roads, this is the place to be as long as you have the means to properly enjoy it here and not stress about the added cost of living Housing is about 3x times what I paid in Chicago and general daily cost of living is probably 50% higher. It is what it is and so worth it. I know others will disagree.
How does one get in a 911 meet up? I am getting my first 911 soon, would love to see others in theirs, so I can drool and be jealous of others
Old 11-15-2018, 07:22 PM
phow
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhm3
How does one get in a 911 meet up? I am getting my first 911 soon, would love to see others in theirs, so I can drool and be jealous of others
You just show up All are welcome! Events are posted on your local PCA website. If your in the Los Angeles area, there are PCA meets pretty much every weekend and other "unofficial" meets going on as well.

You will find most guys will be more than happy to show you around their cars and talk your ear off for as long as you can stand it lol.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:31 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

You just show up All are welcome! Events are posted on your local PCA website. If your in the Los Angeles area, there are PCA meets pretty much every weekend and other "unofficial" meets going on as well.

You will find most guys will be more than happy to show you around their cars and talk your ear off for as long as you can stand it lol.
Thanks! It's always good to meet like minded car nuts. Just not good for a marriage, lol.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 PM
phow
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhm3
Thanks! It's always good to meet like minded car nuts. Just not good for a marriage, lol.
Haha luckily I married another car nut so she gives me no problems about my hobby. The only down side is that what I do for myself, I have to do for her... Wife tax.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:48 PM
siitech
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
My wife and I are moving to Pasadena in early 2020. We each currently drive a C4S and are on the list for a 992 Cab and Targa. Here in Pennsylvania having all wheel drive has come in handy in both the snow and rain. In fact, my wife's car is a daily driver, and we run a winter tire/wheel set in the bad weather. Of course the Targa will be all wheel drive, but should I just go with a C2S Cab? Thoughts, anyone?
Welcome to Pasadena! I have been living here for over 30 years and love it. We could use a bit more bad weather/ rain though. Anyway, like most other have stated, all wheel drive is not required here, especially it seems that you will keep an all wheel drive Targa anyway. I would suggest get a C2S Cab for a little bit more driving fun. .

Old 11-15-2018, 10:26 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by siitech
Welcome to Pasadena! I have been living here for over 30 years and love it. We could use a bit more bad weather/ rain though. Anyway, like most other have stated, all wheel drive is not required here, especially it seems that you will keep an all wheel drive Targa anyway. I would suggest get a C2S Cab for a little bit more driving fun. .
I can send some of our snow your way. Our first 911 was a brand new '87 Targa. That was back when you had to manually remove the top, fold it, and store in the frunk. It was my wife's daily driver, and she's always wanted another one. So I promised her we'd trade her 997 in for a Targa after she retires and we move out of this awful climate. I'll take everyone's advice and get a 992 C2S to replace my C4S.

Haha luckily I married another car nut so she gives me no problems about my hobby. The only down side is that what I do for myself, I have to do for her... Wife tax.
I, too, married a fellow car nut. When we met, my wife drove a '76 Mustang Mach I (back then the Mach I was just an appearance package). She learned how to drive a stick on my '78 Alfa Spider, graduated (?) to a Fiat X1/9, then a 944, followed by the 911 and a succession of Porsches and BMW's with another Mustang thrown in. Hence the two 911s we have now.

Quick Reply: Question for California 911 Owners