Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing for 992 GT3/RS?

Old 10-23-2018, 11:08 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Who even cares about a 992 if you have a 991. No one knows what will happen in a couple years. Economy, Health, Turbo ect ect.

Enjoy your car until you are sick of it and then move on
best answer by far, if and when 992RS comes out I’ll decide to sell or keep my 991.2RS, no reason to stress now.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:09 AM
iphilips
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

best answer by far, if and when 992RS comes out I’ll decide to sell or keep my 991.2RS, no reason to stress now.
There is no downside of being on the list. If your name comes up and you are given an allocation you can choose to pass, or take up the order, or go to the dark side and choose to become a flipper.

Why wouldn't you put your self on a list? The cost is zero or only small amount of lost interest if you place a depot.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:59 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

It's strength of purchase history and referral history for me and my allocations. The top dudes get the top slots. The rest shakes out how the allocations fall - some stores have more than others.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:25 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Who even cares about a 992 if you have a 991. No one knows what will happen in a couple years. Economy, Health, Turbo ect ect.
This ^^^. No more lists for me, it feels great. Just enjoying the three pedals on my PTS GT3 and being done with the GT rat race. Good luck to all 992 hunters and dreamers.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:06 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
There is no downside of being on the list. If your name comes up and you are given an allocation you can choose to pass, or take up the order, or go to the dark side and choose to become a flipper.

Why wouldn't you put your self on a list? The cost is zero or only small amount of lost interest if you place a depot.
Doesn’t it hurt your relationship with dealerships and Porsche if you put your name on a list without any solid intention of buying?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:21 PM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3

Doesn’t it hurt your relationship with dealerships and Porsche if you put your name on a list without any solid intention of buying?
You're typically put on a list after you've already given some business to the dealership. If you're put on a list and don't buy - no hard feelings, especially on these GT cars that sell like hotcakes.

I'm on two dealer's list for a 992 GT3 and GT3RS. Bought a GT3 from one, and a Panamera 4S from another. I'm purchasing the Mission E (I can't call it the Taycan) from the GT3 dealership and buying a Cayenne soon from the Panamera dealership as a gift to my old man. I better get at least one GT car for MSRP lmao. But at this point, I'm happy with my 991 GT3 and don't mind waiting much
Old 10-25-2018, 06:36 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Pick a dealer, wait for december, help them where they need help, every year until the launch and including the launch of the 992. Or just combine this (if you find a car that you like that they are stuck with) with speccing the living ****e out of a car other than a gt car, cayenne turbo, panamera, 991 turbo, etc. Or just save the trouble and get it with adm, much less trouble and might be cheaper. Or just get a mclaren by then. 720 lt might be just around the corner...
Old 10-25-2018, 09:38 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

I think there is a crystal ball for every person on Rennlist when it comes to timing of 992 GT3 and 992 RS. I dusted mine off this morning and it says late 2020/early 2021 for GT3 and up to a year later for RS. Then a funny think happened. Crystal ball popped up an asterisk. WTF? Subject to change with VW involvement.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

So, I"ll go slightly off topic but, I started the thread so that's OK.

How do dealers react to being presented with some buying options - option a) a complete stripper build + ADM vs b) big optioned build at MSRP (no ADM)? We can easily turn this into a "value" thread but, more interested in the negotiation aspect - If your ADM is say $30K but you drop $40-50K on options and no ADM who comes out better off?
Old 10-26-2018, 01:18 AM
nedgu
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great question. I was negotiating with a sf bay area dealer on a gt car and stated that it was going to be highly optioned build and that I was willing to finance it as well to make the deal more profitable if they would come down on the ADM. The dealer/sales guy didn't seem to care and was fixated on the ADM- maybe the sales guys get more upside with a higher ADM?
Old 10-26-2018, 01:45 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by nedgu
This is a great question. I was negotiating with a sf bay area dealer on a gt car and stated that it was going to be highly optioned build and that I was willing to finance it as well to make the deal more profitable if they would come down on the ADM. The dealer/sales guy didn't seem to care and was fixated on the ADM- maybe the sales guys get more upside with a higher ADM?
Yeah they don't care about options and etc. ADM is straight up cash.

Don't worry. When market crashes, they will be begging for sales.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:21 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I understand dealers make 20% on options, 10% on base MSRP. Mine did not seem to mind the stripper build (another dealer did not want to sell me a no option 997 when it first came out). GM actually said that is how he would spec it, but they did talk me into front axle lift (the driveway at the dealership is steep). Oh, and PTS drove up the MSRP in the end. Most of the stock cars they have 911/718/cayman/Macan/panny are low option. If I get a speedster allocation though I am deploying the CXX money cannon on the seats and some other bits. One advantage of stripper builds to dealers is you end up less upside down on trade. The $190-200k MSRP GT3 builds are a tough sell with any ADM.

I would not expect much off the ADM for adding options, because even an extra $25k in options is only $5k profit. Besides, most customer builds are within $10k one way or the other of the median. So maybe you can knock $25k ADM down to $20k, but that’s about it.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:45 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

You can tell a lot about how the dealer encourages or discouraged options, going on list etc.

I don't consider anyone serious or competitive to be in GT cars until they actually buy something. If a guy says when can I get on a list- and he buys from 3 different stores, I am not really excited because chances are he will be selling my car to another dealer and I never get it back for another customer.

If someone has a lot of purchase history with me, my store, referrals etc I simply assume they want one and put them in the list. I say in, because we use a pool system.

Guys hitting me up from New York for a GT3 992 ...unless they start sending a lot of friends etc I just cannot justify placing them above my local and semi-local guys.

So I would say- the priority for getting yourself on list:

Spec good cars locally, communicate your intentions with manager and sales dude not just sales dude.

Keep in touch. Out of sight is out of mind and the stresses of selling cars on a daily basis are high which leads to forgetting that Dr X is really a nice guy when Dr Y is in all the time. So yes, pester your guys for info.

You have to buy something or trade something in or refer people otherwise the dealers will have people who are higher in the pecking order...they are looking out for themselves and local wealthy guys who buy everything are usually stable and can be counted on like above poster said to help in December.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Timing for 992 GT3/RS?