Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
LOL we had to wait 55 years for the first panda 911?

they will come out saying the eastern cyber hackers have manipulated their computer aided designs just 1 minute before going to production

seriously i had recently the opportunity to work with a big german multinational,
the problem the germans have is the total lack in management capacity, they are very nice very friendly and so "democratics" but not so compatible anymore with any form of top down management,
this is due to the reaction to their past century heavy history, the only way they found to counter the giant amount of problems was to eradicate any form of decisionism (and thus personal responsability...) any "man and his dog" working for these companies can say any stupidity and no one can fire them as should be
remember the reason why we have fugly white socks pscb calipers ? Just because
he (the sub manager of that pscb project)
liked so much that color...

same story for the 992 door handle
and the same for the uncohesive squared front hood or the tokyo taxy rear bar light and so on (give me the name of who authorised the nubbin..)

anyway to understand the reasons behind such an iconic design evolution as the 911 you have to understand the culture driving that evolution
Ok, so lets see... Bosch, Siemens, Thyssen Krupp, SAP, Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, not to mention Porsche, BASF, etc., all have management problems and you were the smart guy from the “head office” that were there to help when suddenly realizing none of them had any *****! Who’re you... Donald Trump? Time to raise the bar of the discussion...?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:33 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Northquest

Ok, so lets see... Bosch, Siemens, Thyssen Krupp, SAP, Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, not to mention Porsche, BASF, etc., all have management problems and you were the smart guy from the “head office” that were there to help when suddenly realizing none of them had any *****! Who’re you... Donald Trump? Time to raise the bar of the discussion...?
More simply the un-cohesivness of the 992 shows clearly the total lack of leadership in Porsche, eventhough this lack might be due to VW influence, just look the new Audi A7 A6 2018 rear and interior design, doesn't look like the 2019 992? Anyway despite a 992 rear and interior design remember to me more the Audi A6 station wagon than a 911 the board (any?) who (should have?) authorised such an idioc, to say one, like the PSCB white caliper, is made by walking deads (if any still semi alive over there) otherwise such a craziness as the 992 would have never happened

Last edited by fxz; 02-12-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Originally Posted by fxz
More simply the un-cohesivness of the 992 shows clearly the total lack of leadership in Porsche, eventhough this lack might be due to VW influence, just look the new Audi A7 A6 2018 rear and interior design, doesn't look like the 2019 992? Anyway despite a 992 rear and interior design remember to me more the Audi A6 station wagon than a 911 the board (any?) who (should have?) authorised such an idioc, to say one, like the PSCB white caliper, is made by walking deads (if any still semi alive over there) otherwise such a craziness as the 992 would have never happened
Old 02-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Name:  photo223.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  661.0 KB

Name:  photo44.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  250.2 KB

Name:  photo655.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  358.6 KB
Old 02-12-2019, 10:36 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Lol .....yes...Thank you 992 Homer....

I can not buy this car at all.....maybe the 992 Turbo if it doesn't have the fugly third brake light in Pause formation, but the nubbin is absurd, the rear has so much going on...super confusing....so I just do not know. At worse near the end of 992.1 cycle, may pick up a manual just b/c chances are 992.2 many not have manual as the world is going electric (just making an educated guess).

Hello more 991.2/.1 to pick up - I am not joking.

The 996 looks so attractive now.....
Old 02-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Can someone who knows how to do it make a Hitler video where he's pissed because the 992 looks like crap?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1129497-ot-it-s-a-sad-day-for-hitler-car-meme-s.html
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crester
I saw the car in person yesterday. You guys saying the 992 looks like crap are utter morons.
Hope you'll enjoy the company of the other douches in my ignore list.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:48 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Hope you'll enjoy the company of the other douches in my ignore list.
Aww.. you're going to put me on your ignore list? Oh the humanity! You are so cruel...! 😏
Old 02-17-2019, 03:48 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Rick Brooklyn, I’ve just reported you for going too far and I hope the forum reacts. I don’t have a problem with people writing page up and page down about hating a car if they want to do that. I start having a problem when posters feed off of each other and try to make the latest post overdo the previous. I also have a problem when I see posts start bashing named persons at Porsche and then go on to bashing Europeans in general. However, I can live with that and laugh at the ignorance, but when you ask for a video with Hitler showing support for your thoughts, then you just passed a line that should have serious consequences for not only you but this whole thread and forum in general. If you, or others, don’t see the seriousness of this then you should get your history books out to get a clue. At 2PM the SS broke into my grandparents house and arrested my grandfather for being in the resistance movement. He was sent on to concentration camp... he lived to tell the story, but you obviously don’t understand or have any knowledge of what you think is an ok reference to use. Ultimate bashing - no problem, but there still are certain rules for what is decent and not.
Can someone who knows how to do it make a Hitler video where he's pissed because the 992 looks like crap?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1129497-ot-it-s-a-sad-day-for-hitler-car-meme-s.html
Old 02-17-2019, 05:25 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Rick Brooklyn, I’ve just reported you for going too far and I hope the forum reacts. I don’t have a problem with people writing page up and page down about hating a car if they want to do that. I start having a problem when posters feed off of each other and try to make the latest post overdo the previous. I also have a problem when I see posts start bashing named persons at Porsche and then go on to bashing Europeans in general. However, I can live with that and laugh at the ignorance, but when you ask for a video with Hitler showing support for your thoughts, then you just passed a line that should have serious consequences for not only you but this whole thread and forum in general. If you, or others, don’t see the seriousness of this then you should get your history books out to get a clue. At 2PM the SS broke into my grandparents house and arrested my grandfather for being in the resistance movement. He was sent on to concentration camp... he lived to tell the story, but you obviously don’t understand or have any knowledge of what you think is an ok reference to use. Ultimate bashing - no problem, but there still are certain rules for what is decent and not.
With 'victims' like you, who needs *****?
Old 02-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Northquest
Advanced

And you're trying to say?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

... he lived to tell the story, but you obviously don’t understand or have any knowledge of what you think is an ok reference to use. Ultimate bashing - no problem, but there still are certain rules for what is decent and not.
I didn't mean to offend anyone, or trivialize the tragedy of the Holocaust, and I apologise if I did, it was clearly not my intention.

There are dozens of posts in this forum and elsewhere where people find the meme of the sequence from the movie untergang with subtitles hilarious, including everyone who posted in the thread I linked. Out of fairness, I would only ask you that you complain about all of those users, too, and have them banned alongside me, because I have done nothing different from them.

Having said that, I apologise again and I would welcome a temporary or better permanent ban of my account, I spend too much time here anyway.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Northquest
Advanced

I didn't mean to offend anyone, or trivialize the tragedy of the Holocaust, and I apologise if I did, it was clearly not my intention.

There are dozens of posts in this forum and elsewhere where people find the meme of the sequence from the movie untergang with subtitles hilarious, including everyone who posted in the thread I linked. Out of fairness, I would only ask you that you complain about all of those users, too, and have them banned alongside me, because I have done nothing different from them.

Having said that, I apologise again and I would welcome a temporary or better permanent ban of my account, I spend too much time here anyway.
Thank you Rick, and also for your PM!
I agree and did not intend to single you out. I was not aware of this and realize this is a forum guide line issue. It is easy to get carried away and with your words I don’t think any further action is needed. Especially so with the fact in hand that this was a reference to an earlier accepted reference.

Brgds,

P

Old 02-17-2019, 09:59 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Sat in one at the local autoshow.

I've never seen a HVAC control as confusing as the 992... pure style over substance.

Trying to change temp/fan speed? Yeah good look trying to reach it while driving and/or staring at the giant nav screen...

Quick Reply: Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.