Sponsored by:

Buy now or hold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dribar
So so so glad I bought my 2017 C2 after seeing the 992. It might grow on me but I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the digital dash and the nubbin shifter.

I dunno... as a "retirement car" the 992 is probably better. It will be more refined and have more modern convenience features. Unless you shift with the shifter in manual mode alot... you'll probably forget about the "nubbing" in two weeks. All cars are moving towards digital dashes. The 991 has a digital screen... now there are just more of them.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The 992 from everything that I’ve heard will make the 991.2 feel a bit antiquated.

There will be changes to the engine, as well as the gearbox - be it manual or PDK.

Then there will be interior changes (think Panamera dash).

Most people will enjoy those changes, then there are the Luddites here who yearn for analog gauges and maybe even manual windows. If you fall in that group I suppose you should’ve bought a 993 when it first came out and bubble-wrapped it until now.

But seriously if you have to ask this question then the answer is a bit obvious. Wait for the 992. Because if the 991.2 that’s on the lot was a “no-brainer” purchase for you, you would’ve bought it already.
you had me at manual windows. reminds of that dave chappelle bit where he gets stuck in the getto at 3am:

​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Buy now or hold?