Sponsored by:

Just Ordered - 2019 Cab S

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:23 PM
wthensler
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Just Ordered - 2019 Cab S

Hoping for an early October delivery. Racing yellow will look great in the sunshine state. This will be a his and hers car until the wife commandeers it, in which case I’ll order a used 458 Spides as consolation.

http://Porsche-code.com/PJCEYXT3

Old 04-13-2018, 09:33 PM
mallocfailure
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

The configurator is still generating 2018 builds - if you choose the "Print" option, you'll see it says it's a 2018 build. So that's still a 991.2, not a 992 (which is this forum).

It's not clear yet a) when the configurator will be set to show 2019 cars, and b) when 992s will be configurable.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:45 PM
wthensler
Instructor

Correct. I ordered a car that doesn’t exist yet. I have an allocation for a 2019 with an August/September build. There will be slight changes to the car and perhaps a small price increase.

I am told I get an ‘18 this summer, but it’s too hot in FL to enjoy the top down for the most part.

More details when the 992 build configurator shows up on their website. I plan to keep options and colours as is.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:16 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by wthensler
Correct. I ordered a car that doesn’t exist yet. I have an allocation for a 2019 with an August/September build. There will be slight changes to the car and perhaps a small price increase.

I am told I get an ‘18 this summer, but it’s too hot in FL to enjoy the top down for the most part.

More details when the 992 build configurator shows up on their website. I plan to keep options and colours as is.
I am in FL as well. Would love to spec up a base 992 MT. Which dealer sir?
Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 AM
wthensler
Instructor

I ordered the car from Porsche Flemington in NJ for several reasons: First, I have a long standing relationship with the Flemington dealership, having purchased three BMWs in the past (when I lived there). Flemington was the only dealer willing to negotiate on price on a 2019. Second, they have an allocation for an early 2019 build, and if luck works in my favor, I will have the car for my nephew’s wedding this fall, which is in NJ. So I’ll take delivery there, drive it a bit, then have it shipped to FL.

I didn’t necessary price shop here in FL, but I didn’t find any price negotiation or assurance of delivery that came close to what is being offered there.

Finally, I was up in NJ frequently over the past years visiting my elderly parents, but sadly Dad passed away last week just shy of 88. Though I am heartbroken over his loss, he had a great run, and we had a wonderful send off for him over the weekend!

Old 04-19-2018, 04:39 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 77 Posts

So the 2019 car is still a 991.2 not a 992 right?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:46 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Smile

I ordered the car from Porsche Flemington in NJ for several reasons: First, I have a long standing relationship with the Flemington dealership, having purchased three BMWs in the past (when I lived there). Flemington was the only dealer willing to negotiate on price on a 2019. Second, they have an allocation for an early 2019 build, and if luck works in my favor, I will have the car for my nephew’s wedding this fall, which is in NJ. So I’ll take delivery there, drive it a bit, then have it shipped to FL.

I didn’t necessary price shop here in FL, but I didn’t find any price negotiation or assurance of delivery that came close to what is being offered there.

Finally, I was up in NJ frequently over the past years visiting my elderly parents, but sadly Dad passed away last week just shy of 88. Though I am heartbroken over his loss, he had a great run, and we had a wonderful send off for him over the weekend!

Please receive my sentiments on the passing of your Father. I lost mine at same age in early spring last year so I feel your thoughts. Glad you are able to remember him in that way and congratulations on both the upcoming wedding of your nephew as well as the ordering of the new car. Please clarify it will be a 992 or a late build 991.2, if it is not a 992 I would hold on as you will be taking delivery in the mix with 992s becoming available. I spend a few hours at Champion Porsche earlier this week checking on my Mission E order and they explained what the situation is with manufaktur, New ordered Cayennes are late in delivery so that is priority, phasing out whatever 991.2s and specialties, T, GT#/RS etc are left to deliver. Then new builds of future models when the option becomes available. 992 is the last of the MT optional builds and only for base as I am told, not sure will be offered for an 'S' and up. I would like to keep this thread close as I would like to think of a 'Day 2' manual transmission spec of either a 992 base spec'd up, or a modest spec C2S Manual if at all available. They don't even know and for all I know the Sales man at Champion could've been full of it, but it is worth noting other experiences at other dealerships across the country.

All I know is that there is something funky going on with Porsche as the stories of 971s being late, 958.2/959 Cayennes late, GT3s, Carrera Ts and so on being late as well sometimes makes me wonder. Pair that up with the mistery surrounding the Mission E, sans suicide doors now, while creating all the buzz around the next 911 generation is a bit confusing. For now I'll just stick to what's in the garage and let all of this sort itself out. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
So the 2019 car is still a 991.2 not a 992 right?
Correct. Production for thé 992 will not start until later 2018 and should be a 2020 model. We will not see first cars until Spring 2019.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 PM
wthensler
Instructor

I am under the impression I’m getting a 992, it will be a late 2018 build, and it will be a 2019. I was also told to expect a small price increase. The build configurator is going to be updated next week, so I’m told.

US dealers seem to be as much in the dark as us poor customers. I truly believe this.

I prefer to have a 992, even if I have to wait a bit longer. My 996 still sees plenty of action, so no suffering or need for instant gratification.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:33 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

I am under the impression I’m getting a 992, it will be a late 2018 build, and it will be a 2019. I was also told to expect a small price increase. The build configurator is going to be updated next week, so I’m told.

US dealers seem to be as much in the dark as us poor customers. I truly believe this.

I prefer to have a 992, even if I have to wait a bit longer. My 996 still sees plenty of action, so no suffering or need for instant gratification.
I'm sorry but that is not going to happen.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:40 PM
wthensler
Instructor

Whatever....I’ll see what my options are and act accordingly. If it’s a matter of waiting a few months for a 992, so it shall be. But I’m still getting a yellow one.....
Old 04-21-2018, 04:20 PM
wthensler
Instructor

I spoke with my dealer regarding my S Cab. He confirmed it’s a 991.2 and will be a 2019. So, I stand corrected and basically should not have been posting in this forum.

Historically, almost every new car I have purchased, including the 996, were the very first production models. Just pure coincidence. Unless I change my mind, it won’t be the case this time around.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:40 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

I spoke with my dealer regarding my S Cab. He confirmed it’s a 991.2 and will be a 2019. So, I stand corrected and basically should not have been posting in this forum.

Historically, almost every new car I have purchased, including the 996, were the very first production models. Just pure coincidence. Unless I change my mind, it won’t be the case this time around.
IMHO you should wait and get the 992. Good Luck!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:06 PM
wthensler
Instructor

Mmmm, tough call. If I lived up north, I’d be inclined to wait. But winter here is perfect for a cabriolet, and we’ve never had a ragtop. And at some point, you just have to be happy and move on. The entire situation seems a bit bizarre; I find it hard to believe Porsche would even do something like this.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered - 2019 Cab S