992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Interior Spy Shots

Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

once you go Full Lexus you never go back...

Never go full Lexus

Old 10-29-2018, 11:58 AM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

That Chiron interior , like the Mclaren is also perfectly simple and elegant and combines tech in a purposeful way. I personally don't have any issues with the screens on the cluster. It's the giant one next to it and the horrid center console that makes the 992 such a loser me....
Old 11-14-2018, 01:33 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Being as objective as I can be, the 991 interior is extremely true to Porsche form in retaining that Germanic simplicity. Often I get into it and find it a breathe of fresh air amidst a sea of gimmicky interiors. Often I get into it and think it doesn't really "wow" you like a typical $100+K car. Which is actually a cool personality trait of a 911, being that it doesn't conform, and it staunchly informs you that the interior is merely an environment intended to allow you to focus on the actual drive. It says a lot that the 911 has cultivated such a culture and yields massive margins. Having been inside a 992 (in my dream), it definitely goes further to "wow" you. But it also has some very clumsy and questionable design traits, which the 991 doesn't have. And it looks absolutely awful in that above photo.

Overall, the 992 interior will make your 991 interior feel very spartan, perhaps "outdated" (I hate that word as it's so subjective and doesn't take actual design quality into consideration). Whether you like or dislike that, is up to you. I loathe that stupid "pinch" nubbin shifter (antithesis to sportiness and ergonomics) and those digital "insta dated pixelated" LCD gauge screens.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Biggest issue for me has always been what looks like a transmission tunnel?? Makes sense in a Panamera, but translates very poorly to a rear-engined car...

992 seems to be a small improvement in this area.
They come in AWD as well......
Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
Porsche is building and designing cars for today's and tomorrow's buyer. They could care less about nostalgia. Technology and electronics are what buyers are wanting, especially in Porsche's # 1 sales market >> CHINA. The average buyer of these cars wants the latest and greatest. Doesn't always work in favor of the more traditional enthusiast who wants more simplicity and appreciates the driving experience first and foremost.
I agree. Look in a Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc etc ...they are all going digital. If Porsche stayed with all analogue gauges they would be falling behind and not appealing to the younger crowd that they need to attract. Many of us are traditionalist but we are older. Look in a modern day race car....all digital. I don't really like the dash pics that we have seen so far but I'm sure it will be quite different/great. 2 more weeks........
Old 11-14-2018, 01:47 PM
limegreen
Pro

Originally Posted by 911boy
I agree. Look in a Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc etc ...they are all going digital. If Porsche stayed with all analogue gauges they would be falling behind and not appealing to the younger crowd that they need to attract. Many of us are traditionalist but we are older. Look in a modern day race car....all digital. I don't really like the dash pics that we have seen so far but I'm sure it will be quite different/great. 2 more weeks........
I don't think the issue lies nearly as much with the digital gauge cluster itself as it does the rest of the interior. The giant, distracting and counter intuitive multi function screen dominating the dashboard and the massive center console sporting controls with questionable ergonomics are what I believe has most of us concerned ( both younger and older crowd) .
Old 11-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Digital is fine, actually an updated backup camera , surround camera and all is great.

just wish it didn’t look like a Panemara interior and was unique to 911 only. Right now all of the. Pretty much will look the same from inside, or at least too similar.

that sucks
Old 11-14-2018, 02:25 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by limegreen
I don't think the issue lies nearly as much with the digital gauge cluster itself as it does the rest of the interior. The giant, distracting and counter intuitive multi function screen dominating the dashboard and the massive center console sporting controls with questionable ergonomics are what I believe has most of us concerned ( both younger and older crowd) .
I doubt console will be as big and blank in 2 weeks.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

You have to remember,....it's not that screens are more modern, they are simply cheaper to manufacture now even compared to analog gauges, a few years and every car will have them (the new VW Jetta can have them). Agree, for the younger crowd that is used to looking at screens all day long, this is what they demand. Nothing is wrong with them, they simply display information in a different way,....but the old adage goes, when everyone is special, no one is. The 911 just became a member of the everyone is soon to special crowd
Old 11-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

They come in AWD as well......
Yup...and have since the 964. No 'transmission tunnel' is required for a driveshaft.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Overall, the 992 interior will make your 991 interior feel very spartan, perhaps "outdated" (I hate that word as it's so subjective and doesn't take actual design quality into consideration).
Instead of "outdated", perhaps the term is "vintage". The analog dash will feel vintage
Old 11-15-2018, 09:00 PM
Zwhaler
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I was stoked about the new interior for the 992. Not having physical buttons to touch while driving (and not taking your eyes off of the road) has already proven to be a nuisance for Panamera owners. I do like the new dash and how it can be customized. As far as the buttons go, I'll have to reserve my judgements until driving the new 992.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Yup...and have since the 964. No 'transmission tunnel' is required for a driveshaft.
What is with the transmission tunnel obsession?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:55 AM
limegreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Psorcery
What is with the transmission tunnel obsession?
Because Panamera
Old 11-16-2018, 09:55 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
Because Panamera
I really like it on the 991.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 992 Interior Spy Shots