Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Interior Spy Shots

Old 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM
STG
Super User

There is NO reason to have a deposit down on any Carrera. There's no shortage.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:28 AM
STG
Super User

By the way, having a standard cloth headliner and Alcantara being an $$ option now is ridiculous.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:16 PM
limegreen
User

I do a a lot of complaining on here but I have to admit I was being secretly optimistic that this 992 would in the end sort itself out into something pretty cool.

These recent articles along with the realization that the early spy photos were actually legitimate near final production versions have nearly sealed the deal for me. This 992 offers little to look forward to and it's so disappointing. I really hope that it shines in person but can remember that when the 991 came out all my initial gut feelings remained the same once I actually saw and drove one.

Last edited by limegreen; 10-11-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:41 PM
daddyscar
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default parked in front of Holiday Inn at Fisherman's Wharf right now

Just saw these getting loaded into a trailer by the Holiday Inn at Fisherman's Wharf on Leavenworth Street. Pretty sure they are the same cars in the latest 992 articles. This one had the windows down and the keys in the passenger seat.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:44 PM
STG
Super User

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Just saw these getting loaded into a trailer by the Holiday Inn at Fisherman's Wharf on Leavenworth Street. Pretty sure they are the same cars in the latest 992 articles. This one had the windows down and the keys in the passenger seat.

Nice job! Not afraid to pull out the phone and take some pictures. I think I would've jumped in the car and drove off with it and did some investigative work
Old 10-11-2018, 06:38 PM
daddyscar
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG View Post
Nice job! Not afraid to pull out the phone and take some pictures. I think I would've jumped in the car and drove off with it and did some investigative work
It was just the truck driver loading the car by himself. I was tempted to pull back some of the dash cover.

I might be influenced by the negative remarks about the interior from Car&Driver, but the exposed parts did remind me of the Tesla 3 interior. Clean but not luxurious.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Cyberbug
Addict
Rennlist Member

Somehow that steering wheel does not look like it belongs in a sports car

the tiny shifter better vibrate to add some value
Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 PM
rcristobal
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug View Post
Somehow that steering wheel does not look like it belongs in a sports car

the tiny shifter better vibrate to add some value
Didn't you know it pulls out and can be use a shaver when you are late in the morning.

Need a cupholder delete aka smoking package.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:47 AM
hymo1200
User

Originally Posted by daddyscar View Post

this is now really disgusthing, that a brand like Porsche, pretending to be a sportscar company, is following this ugly trend (like Mercedes, BMW etc.) of putting on FAKE tailpipes without any reasonable purpose but optics - that┤s for me so far (besides the razor shifter) the biggest dissapointment!!!

Old 10-12-2018, 04:50 AM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daddyscar View Post

did you manage to get any pics of the Spyder next to the 992?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Denny Swift
User

Well, Georg Kacher's article gives me hope. He specifically mentions turning the key to start, so that quells my fears of a push button. I just hate that the 991 went to a 7-speed manual, but I really like that he says it's been greatly improved in the 992. The touch screen with menus is quite disappointing, but hopefully they will make it intuitive and unnecessary for most functions. That cup holder in Daddyscar's photos (nice job BTW!) makes me want to puke (as Rosanne Roseannadanna would say). I hope that won't make it to final production, or that it will be eliminated with the manual gearbox, or that there will be a cover (something like BMW does - photo below - cupholders are below that tray.)

Maybe those covers hiding the dash will be an option. Maybe they will be available in leather with deviated stitching for those who don't like the look of the final dash. :-)
Old 10-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Denny Swift
User

Well, Georg Kacher's article gives me some hope. He specifically mentions turning the key to start the car so that quells my fear of the push button. I just hope he's talking about a real key that you insert rather than the comfort access plug thing. While I hate that the 991 went to a 7-speed manual, I like that he notes that it's been greatly improved with the 992. The touch screen with the menus is disappointing, but hopefully it will be intuitive and unnecessary for most functions. That cupholder in Daddyscar's photos (nice find!) is just horrible. That better be eliminated in the final production or they at least need to have a cover (something like BMW has - photo below - cupholders are below that tray). An open cupholder is like watching someone chew with his mouth open!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Needsdecaf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Denny Swift View Post
Well, Georg Kacher's article gives me some hope. He specifically mentions turning the key to start the car so that quells my fear of the push button. I just hope he's talking about a real key that you insert rather than the comfort access plug thing. While I hate that the 991 went to a 7-speed manual, I like that he notes that it's been greatly improved with the 992. The touch screen with the menus is disappointing, but hopefully it will be intuitive and unnecessary for most functions. That cupholder in Daddyscar's photos (nice find!) is just horrible. That better be eliminated in the final production or they at least need to have a cover (something like BMW has - photo below - cupholders are below that tray). An open cupholder is like watching someone chew with his mouth open!
Not going to be a real key.

If you have driven a current gen Panny or Cayenne, they have keyless start as standard. There is a rotating switch in the same place as current with something that's about half the length of the current entry and drive plug. But it's more permanently attached, I think.

If the touchscreen hasn't gotten a massive overhaul since the Panamera and Cayenne, it's anything but intuitive. But I've seen different content on the screens in the spy shots of the 992 as well as different hard buttons than in those two cars so I will remain hopeful that they made large improvements.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:59 PM
digits
Addict
Rennlist Member

So many predictions about the actual reveal... Paris? Nope. Rennsport? Nope. LA? Hope so. We've seen enough of the exterior that the upcoming launch isn't so much about how the 992 will look from the outside - it's about the interior. Even that Motor Trend article didn't include any interior photos - except for just this one. It's another test car, to be sure, and it may mean nothing - but for me, the anticipation comes down to just one important detail: Is it really going to have a nubbin?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Needsdecaf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by digits View Post
So many predictions about the actual reveal... Paris? Nope. Rennsport? Nope. LA? Hope so. We've seen enough of the exterior that the upcoming launch isn't so much about how the 992 will look from the outside - it's about the interior. Even that Motor Trend article didn't include any interior photos - except for just this one. It's another test car, to be sure, and it may mean nothing - but for me, the anticipation comes down to just one important detail: Is it really going to have a nubbin?
It's definitely going to have the nubbin / shaver / vibrator / nugget / flap / whatever.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 992 Interior Spy Shots

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: