Projected price of the 992.2 TTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 03:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,123 Likes on 5,271 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Pushing the price of the TTS well above $250k will place it in competition with some new and used exotics, and will narrow the demand for the TTS to fat cats who for whatever reasons want an understated car. Such buyers will continue to exist, but in that price range, I think many buyers will be drawn to the exotics.
That assumes those other "exotics" don't also raise their MSRP, which is a very dubious assumption.
Old 09-08-2024, 03:02 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Pushing the price of the TTS well above $250k will place it in competition with some new and used exotics, and will narrow the demand for the TTS to fat cats who for whatever reasons want an understated car. Such buyers will continue to exist, but in that price range, I think many buyers will be drawn to the exotics.
True… maybe even jump over to the ZR1 and some of the uber loyal Porsche forum members will have a coronary, then the 992.2TTS price might just plunge. JMHO but $10-20k jump isn’t bad if the .2 puts out 800hp with NA like power delivery. BTW, nice GT3! I’d get one but my back won’t approve.
Old 09-08-2024, 04:29 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,738 Likes on 969 Posts

Nothing will overcome the drawbacks of the new interior. I urge all my forum friends to drive the new panamera or cayenne. The cheap plastic (I didnt think they could make piano black look cheaper than it was but they did), the extremely laggy tachometer, the push start button from VW Tiguan, shall I go on? It doesnt matter how much power it makes, it feels less and less like proper 911.
The following users liked this post:
Bumy0Pr (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 08:51 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Nothing will overcome the drawbacks of the new interior. I urge all my forum friends to drive the new panamera or cayenne. The cheap plastic (I didnt think they could make piano black look cheaper than it was but they did), the extremely laggy tachometer, the push start button from VW Tiguan, shall I go on? It doesnt matter how much power it makes, it feels less and less like proper 911.
Trust me when I say that I’m not loyal to one brand. Life is too short. My wife likes the refreshed Panamera GTS and we test drove a base model to get a feel but I talked her into ordering a Cayenne GTS Coupe instead. I agree, Porsche has cheaped out the interior but for us, we like the vehicle enough to overlook Porsche’s shortcomings. As long as the demand is there and it is, all hope is lost.
Old 09-08-2024, 09:06 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,738 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Trust me when I say that I’m not loyal to one brand. Life is too short. My wife likes the refreshed Panamera GTS and we test drove a base model to get a feel but I talked her into ordering a Cayenne GTS Coupe instead. I agree, Porsche has cheaped out the interior but for us, we like the vehicle enough to overlook Porsche’s shortcomings. As long as the demand is there and it is, all hope is lost.
Thats fine. More 2024/2025 bought by people like you means more 9Y0 Cayennes and 991 911s available for the likes of me. I actually think its a win win. If everyone felt like me, no one would buy the new stuff and the old stuff would not be circulated in the used car market. I already have my eye on a 991 Targa and GT3.

Its also not just plastic. The leather is a completely different type of leather. We have now seen 4 different cayennes and 2 panameras. Anything MY2024 has a plastic like leather. Our cayenne’s leather is much softer and feels premium. The new cayenne’s have leather you see in BMW and Mercedes.

My 991’s leather is considerably softer and feels more premium than 992s I have. Our 2022 cayenne is somewhere between our 2019 RS and 2024 RS. But even leather has dramatically worsened. It would totally be logical for Porsche to use the same leather in the facelift 992.2 911 as well. Absolutely no interest in any of this other than GT2RS as I have the first allocation and I have to try that car out for reasons besides leather quality lol.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 09-08-2024 at 09:07 PM.
Bumy0Pr (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 09:33 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Getting off topic a bit, but at what point will enthusiasts be satisfied with performance? I thought the 991TTS was eye popping fast and of course, the 992 is even faster. With some EVs doing less than 1.5 seconds to 60, what is the next level? I don’t like launching my cars anymore but it could be a sign of age.I watched a clip of a twin turbo R8 hitting 60 in 1.3 seconds and 1/4 mile in just over 7 seconds. I have no interest in doing that myself but nevertheless, it’s very interesting what modding can do. We’re living in exciting times indeed and look forward to the performance figures of the “T-hybrid” TTS!
Old 09-09-2024, 09:55 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,394 Likes on 640 Posts

People will be satisfied with the car's stock performance when they learn how to drive, and end up on a race track being passed by slow cars with better drivers.

0-60 or 1/4 mile is a bit of a one trick pony.

Well rounded drivers can have more fun and extract more enjoyment that drag racers. that should be the personal goal for anyone to "get the most" out of their cars especially in a safe manner. spend the money on a few Porsche driving experiences.
The following 4 users liked this post by C.J. Ichiban:
Butzi (09-09-2024), Engro (09-09-2024), Manifold (09-09-2024), Victory911 (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 10:44 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,561 Likes on 2,589 Posts

I have zero interest in modding my 992 TTS. It's plenty fast (too fast) and l like the way it sounds as is. Have never used launch control in any car, I only care about acceleration while on the move. Enjoyment of the car comes from using its range of capabilities, drag racing seems super boring.
The following 4 users liked this post by Manifold:
Butzi (09-09-2024), HOTCHKIS (09-09-2024), uzj100 (09-09-2024), Victory911 (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 11:14 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
People will be satisfied with the car's stock performance when they learn how to drive, and end up on a race track being passed by slow cars with better drivers.

Well rounded drivers can have more fun and extract more enjoyment that drag racers. that should be the personal goal for anyone to "get the most" out of their cars especially in a safe manner. spend the money on a few Porsche driving experiences.
I need to get this done. I live 30-minutes away from Sonoma Raceway and have yet to take a course, though I'd prefer a 911-specific one.
The time is now.
Old 09-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Amir1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 115 Posts

On my 2022 (992 series) TTS my leather is the "Exclusive Manufacture Leather Interior". I believe its an upgraded leather over the base/standard leather. Is it not? I just went to the Porsche website and built a new 2024 Cayan Coupe GTS. It has an option for "Club Leather". Isn't that upgraded leather? or is it the same leather with other options such as deviated stitching?
Old 09-09-2024, 01:15 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

In think most car guys know that 0-60 & 1/4 mile times are not the end all be all. It is, however, a very good indication of how a car will accelerate in a straight line and out of corners. A Miata will out corner a lot of cars but even a good driver will not out do a mediocre driver in sub 3 second car. Performance driving courses will make one a better driver just as spin training and acro lessons enhance flying skills but most people will never drive a 911 on the track or max perform his/her toy.
Old 09-11-2024, 02:32 PM
moto_geek
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

I just visited my smaller local dealer and got an update 992.2 Turbo S model from them. They already have a projected deliveries in 2026 and 12 people in line with deposits. Also added amount mentioned of ADM.

Looks like supercar owners are taking note of the TTS now. I'm pretty impressed so many people up for being first consumer in the new hybrid platform. The marketing looks great, I always little skeptical to buy a car in it first year out. The biggest feature that attracted me is if they have reduced the turbo lag and added alot HP, this could be a fun platform for HPDE's and performance driving. I 'm starting to like the exterior lines of the 991 TTS more now and was not impressed with the settle changes which I know is expected with the same model #.
Old 09-11-2024, 02:46 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by moto_geek
I just visited my smaller local dealer and got an update 992.2 Turbo S model from them. They already have a projected deliveries in 2026 and 12 people in line with deposits. Also added amount mentioned of ADM.

Looks like supercar owners are taking note of the TTS now. I'm pretty impressed so many people up for being first consumer in the new hybrid platform. The marketing looks great, I always little skeptical to buy a car in it first year out. The biggest feature that attracted me is if they have reduced the turbo lag and added alot HP, this could be a fun platform for HPDE's and performance driving. I 'm starting to like the exterior lines of the 991 TTS more now and was not impressed with the settle changes which I know is expected with the same model #.
What amount of ADM did they quote you?
Old 09-11-2024, 04:49 PM
moto_geek
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by elvisdoc
What amount of ADM did they quote you?
No amount yet, but said to be expected. Sorry, that's all I got. The deposit is refundable, so my guess or speculation even though it is 12 people so far, they are expecting more then half to decline, maybe more when they put the ADM amount in their build contracts
Old 09-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,234 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

What's wrong with drag racing??

Turbo S is great fun at the drag strip and 1/8th events. I was out there mopping up race cars that were trailered in hehe. Top 5 out of 80 cars.

I do enjoy the road course in the SRS though, too!
Ensoniq (09-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Projected price of the 992.2 TTS