Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Feeling different

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2024, 02:22 AM
Spatia
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Saw your car sitting in the adjacent room while I was looking at a SRS.

Curious what they gave you for it if you don't mind me asking, can PM me?

Do you miss it now? Did you put it back to stock before the trade in?
I purchased it in Jan for $305 - sold it back to them for $290. They sold it for over $320. Also sold my JCR exhaust to the new owner. She didn’t want the tune. No don’t miss it. Hunting season is coming up - that has my attention these days.
The following users liked this post:
Angryinch (08-31-2024)
Old 08-31-2024, 03:51 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 224 Posts

Different phases of life definitely change one’s outlook. Family takes precedence over cars and toys for sure. The itch will return when the kids are teenagers and the wife is going through menopause. The TTS is a great all around “bat out of hell” fast sports car and a great DD but an exotic may be what you need; V12 /V10, Lambo, or an Italian stallion perhaps?! Sometimes a little drama can rekindle the fire. First world problems. In the meantime, enjoy your family and spend quality time with your kids because they’ll grow up before you know it.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-31-2024 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-31-2024, 01:00 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,234 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Spatia
I purchased it in Jan for $305 - sold it back to them for $290. They sold it for over $320. Also sold my JCR exhaust to the new owner. She didn’t want the tune. No don’t miss it. Hunting season is coming up - that has my attention these days.
Thanks for sharing.

Porsche has the secret sauce. They can sell a car, buy it back and sell for even more. Wild.

It sold quickly! It was a great spec.

Old 08-31-2024, 06:36 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 338 Posts

I had the same thing as well.
I had AIM build me an ES850, what a monster, but no one to really share it with, most of my car friends have moved on from the hobby, so it was just me putting easy miles on every Saturday and Sunday morning sipping a coffee and listening to music. lol
I'll likely get back into another one but I also likely won't go the heavy mod route, not sure I need it, even though it spoils the hell out of ya.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:13 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

I felt a little like that when my first 992 tts arrived, because my 991.2's were modded my 992 felt less than fun to drive, I liked all the new "gingerbread" it had but that did not add any fun to the drive, so I packed it up and sent it to Cali for some Sam at By Design love, and I found 800 whp made the car really fun to drive, of course after a few years that's not enough anymore so the car is on it's way back to Cali for some needed hp upgrades. When I turn the key it makes my heart beat harder, love these cars
The following 2 users liked this post by hcvone:
SB27 (09-03-2024), Tombstone4478 (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 06:35 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Decathlon Gold

Originally Posted by Manifold
"Special" is subjective. I find the 992 TTS to be quite special, like an Olympic Gold Medal decathlete.
Like a certain gold medal decathlon winner in 1976, things can change later in life. Sometimes substantially....
Old 09-25-2024, 02:44 AM
cptcolo0
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Spatia,
I can understand the sentiment. For normal day to day driving the 992.1 Turbo S rides very well, is reasonably quite, pretty comfortable, and very refined especially for a sports car / supercar. For me, to really feel something out of the car I have to push it hard to like 7/10ths or 8/10ths (the equivalent of ~100+mph on 35mph canyon roads) before it really starts to feel like something other than a more 'normal' car. I think PDCC does effect this quite a bit and I really want to drive a regular 992.1 Turbo without PDCC to see what it is like. The rather significant turbo lag also does kind of bring out a bit of a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality from the car. For general driving it can be hard to get past the more Dr Jerkyll personality and bring out the full Mr Hyde (getting the turbos really whirling). My Hyde is there and just a one launch control from coming out in full but that doesn't often happen especially if you have others in the car.

I am looking forward to the 2026 992.2 Turbo S update. I think the hybrid drivetrain will suite the purpose of the Turbo S very well (the ultimate daily-able sports car / supercar). The low end torque fill from electric motor and e-turbo should provide a nice smooth more linear response and all but eliminate any feeling of turbo lag. I think with the more linear response the car capabilities will be more accessible for use around town. I think the 2026 992.2 Turbo S will be a significant improvement over the 992.1 Turbo S overall. We will have to wait and see.
The following 2 users liked this post by cptcolo0:
elvisdoc (09-25-2024), luv2sleep (09-25-2024)
Old 09-25-2024, 03:31 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by cptcolo0
Spatia,
I can understand the sentiment. For normal day to day driving the 992.1 Turbo S rides very well, is reasonably quite, pretty comfortable, and very refined especially for a sports car / supercar. For me, to really feel something out of the car I have to push it hard to like 7/10ths or 8/10ths (the equivalent of ~100+mph on 35mph canyon roads) before it really starts to feel like something other than a more 'normal' car. I think PDCC does effect this quite a bit and I really want to drive a regular 992.1 Turbo without PDCC to see what it is like. The rather significant turbo lag also does kind of bring out a bit of a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality from the car. For general driving it can be hard to get past the more Dr Jerkyll personality and bring out the full Mr Hyde (getting the turbos really whirling). My Hyde is there and just a one launch control from coming out in full but that doesn't often happen especially if you have others in the car.

I am looking forward to the 2026 992.2 Turbo S update. I think the hybrid drivetrain will suite the purpose of the Turbo S very well (the ultimate daily-able sports car / supercar). The low end torque fill from electric motor and e-turbo should provide a nice smooth more linear response and all but eliminate any feeling of turbo lag. I think with the more linear response the car capabilities will be more accessible for use around town. I think the 2026 992.2 Turbo S will be a significant improvement over the 992.1 Turbo S overall. We will have to wait and see.
The .2 GTS is a good prelude to the .2 TTS, IMO. I’m looking forward to the unveiling. Turbo lag is/was always an issue on turbo charged vehicles. There are those who claim that there’s no turbo lag, especially with a tune, but I’ve noticed the lag on all turbo vehicles regardless of tune or no tune. Who is smarter…Porsche engineers or your average Joe consumer?!
Old 09-25-2024, 01:46 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts

I honestly felt the same, sold my 992 GTS. Was a very good car, was awesome as my first Porsche. Also put on an exhaust which helped but the car didn't excite me any longer. I'm thinking something N/A next, was considering getting a tts cab for a different experience but it will feel the same as my GTS just which way more power.

Quick Reply: Feeling different