Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   What is a good target $ amount for options (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1405227-what-is-a-good-target-amount-for-options.html)

Breen 03-29-2024 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by NEH51 (Post 19357369)
Thanks both. I probably framed the question wrong.

I’m interested in what others spent on options for their TT/TTS so that I know if, by comparison, $20k is a “stripper” or $40k is insanely high. there was a great thread back in 2021 that showed average options added to each type of 911…but that’s 3 years old.

I can afford all the options if I want….but I also think it’s good (for me) to have some discipline here. I’m in my mid-40s so this probably isn’t going to be my last 911 (unless I decide that hybrid is a complete non-starter).

ah makes more sense

I did $40k in options and feel like I checked every possible box minus the heritage interior.

things i feel are special and would def order again:
-sport design package
-leather seat backs with carbon inlay
-exclusive design tail light
-burmester stereo
-extended leather
-aluminum pedals
-FAL
-side mirror and side intakes color matched (this should be standard)

things i would not order again:
-gear selector in aluminum
-exclusive design wheels

Jkb545 03-29-2024 11:01 PM

Unfortunately there is stop order on sport design package, gloss black/painted package currently.

shrimp money 03-29-2024 11:22 PM

I would at least get basic creature comforts and tech that comes on a 2024 Hyundai. Anything else, I wouldn’t spend $70k in customizing your interior, the next guy is going to hate the color you choose anyways, so why spend all that money.

NEH51 03-29-2024 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Breen (Post 19360404)
ah makes more sense

I did $40k in options and feel like I checked every possible box minus the heritage interior.

things i feel are special and would def order again:
-sport design package
-leather seat backs with carbon inlay
-exclusive design tail light
-burmester stereo
-extended leather
-aluminum pedals
-FAL
-side mirror and side intakes color matched (this should be standard)

things i would not order again:
-gear selector in aluminum
-exclusive design wheels

Thank you! Very helpful. A lot of your “I would order again” are on my list. Once I get my potential build combinations down to a manageable number, I will post them for some input.

GVIFlyer 03-30-2024 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jkb545 (Post 19360417)
Unfortunately there is stop order on sport design package, gloss black/painted package currently.

Wow! I themed my '24 911 Turbo S in Jet Black Metallic and Carbon Fibre with the Gloss Black Sport Design Package and other Gloss Black bits; it left Emden Port this morning, so it looks like I'm lucky.

Jkb545 03-30-2024 04:23 PM

I believe the stock sale is intermittent. Not only that, they might be prioritizing turbo s over turbo.

NEH51 03-30-2024 05:25 PM

@GVIFlyer I spoke to my SA today. The Sport Package ($18k), and Sport Design ($6k) are 4 week delays. The Exterior Package (painted or high gloss black $3k) are delayed 8 weeks. I told him I was willing to wait if it comes to that…I just don’t want to end up without a build slot. Build isn’t until Sept with an Oct delivery…so what’s another 4-8 weeks to get what I want.

Jkb545 03-31-2024 11:46 AM

I’d be curious to see how that plays out. For my order, the system would not accept the order when stop sale items were in it. Removal of those items allowed the order to be placed. It wasn’t that if I was willing to accept the delay, the items would be included.

My impression was that at the time your order locks, you can only choose what’s available.

Good luck!

Angryinch 03-31-2024 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jkb545 (Post 19362327)
I’d be curious to see how that plays out. For my order, the system would not accept the order when stop sale items were in it. Removal of those items allowed the order to be placed. It wasn’t that if I was willing to accept the delay, the items would be included.

My impression was that at the time your order locks, you can only choose what’s available.

Good luck!

This was my experience as well. The allocation is for a specific date, if options are not available when it goes to lock, you’re screwed unless they have a later allocation.

Sport package stuff has been stop sale hit and miss the entire production time of the 992.1 it seems.

When I spec’d mine, the light weight bucket seats were stop sale and I was unable to select the light weight package with them, we had to do LWP with 18ways instead.

NEH51 03-31-2024 04:06 PM

Thanks both. I’m very much a noob to this process. Your logic totally makes sense. I guess I will just hope that since my build doesn’t lock until late June, these things get sorted. SportDesign package is one of those “really really want options” for me.

Angryinch 03-31-2024 07:55 PM

By mid June other stuff could be stop sale…

Better throw a build in there and see what comes back.

NEH51 03-31-2024 10:15 PM

Good call, Angry. I will do that this week.