Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Wagner Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 05:20 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldoron
Sry to revive such an old thread, but I’m in similar position. I’m in Phoenix, AZ as well, have a 992 tts and looking to upg intercooler. Deciding between basically Wagner and CSF, possibly do88 though idk much about their ic yet.
Which route did you end up taking? Wagner or CSF?
What else did you learn?
Any specific observations relating to our sweltering summers here in AZ and heat soak, intercooler performance, etc etc ?

Performance wise, so far i have JCR titanium valved exhaust. Plan on decat or hjs 200s soon. Debating if the inconel + heat shield ones from JCR or Kline are worth the extra $ versus stainless or titanium ones from fabspeed, soul, akrapovic, etc (from both a sound and heat soak standpoint). Plan on upgrading all my various hoses, bmc filter, and tune (probably M-Eng). Still debating headers, or plenum, and or do88 intake boxes. I know they say headers don’t actually show much improvement on this platform until higher hp, but i bet sound good. Doubt i go all the way to upgrading turbos this time around, but this should at least give an idea of current and future path for the car, shooting for around 675-725 whp.
Interested to learn more as well. Our summer is just about done here in the Northeast. But I am sure come May of next year I will again get the itch.
Old 09-04-2024, 06:44 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Ravi here - owner of CSF - I came about this thread searching for something else on my own car, lol.. Anyways wanted to share some info to help clear and misinformation that may have been presented earlier in the thread.

CSF's unit is NOT a bar/plate unit - it's a tube/fin unit with the highest efficiency rating out of any core available for the 992 platform from any company.
# of tubes: OEM = 17 / Wagner = 18 / CSF = 33 (almost double the OEM) = more surface area contact with the fins, resulting in faster dissipation of heat from the charge air
Tube height: = OEM = 7mm / Wagner = ~6mm / CSF = 3mm = more surface area of contact of the charge air inside the tube to allow for better dissipation and faster recovery
Fin height: OEM = 7mm / Wagner = 7mm / CSF = 4.85mm = The shorter fin height has more contact with the tube resulting in better heat dissipation (think the zig zag points touching the actual tube once it's brazed) - this is what pulls the hot air out of the charge air tubes for better cooling

- CSF is also the only unit that is made from higher quality CNC machined end tanks, not cast tanks. Some people may not appreciate this feature, but you can't deny it's higher quality than a cast tank.

- Also, from an install / labor timeframe, CSF is the most plug and play and will cost you the cheapest in terms of labor to install. So any difference price with the purchase of the system is negated and basically even or less once you factor install and labor charges.

- Current systems all have meth ports and boost reference port that come pre-plugged if not being used.

_ Sold and endorsed by M-Engineering (arguably the #1 Porsche new platform tuning company in the USA), and also exclusively used by ES Motor UK who currently has all of the records for fastest 992 Porsche Turbo, etc..

I'll be around to answer any questions if anyone has any.

thank you and enjoy your Turbo!

- Ravi Dolwani
CSF, Cooling - Director

-
Old 09-04-2024, 07:38 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by CSF Cooling
Ravi here - owner of CSF - I came about this thread searching for something else on my own car, lol.. Anyways wanted to share some info to help clear and misinformation that may have been presented earlier in the thread.

CSF's unit is NOT a bar/plate unit - it's a tube/fin unit with the highest efficiency rating out of any core available for the 992 platform from any company.
# of tubes: OEM = 17 / Wagner = 18 / CSF = 33 (almost double the OEM) = more surface area contact with the fins, resulting in faster dissipation of heat from the charge air
Tube height: = OEM = 7mm / Wagner = ~6mm / CSF = 3mm = more surface area of contact of the charge air inside the tube to allow for better dissipation and faster recovery
Fin height: OEM = 7mm / Wagner = 7mm / CSF = 4.85mm = The shorter fin height has more contact with the tube resulting in better heat dissipation (think the zig zag points touching the actual tube once it's brazed) - this is what pulls the hot air out of the charge air tubes for better cooling

- CSF is also the only unit that is made from higher quality CNC machined end tanks, not cast tanks. Some people may not appreciate this feature, but you can't deny it's higher quality than a cast tank.

- Also, from an install / labor timeframe, CSF is the most plug and play and will cost you the cheapest in terms of labor to install. So any difference price with the purchase of the system is negated and basically even or less once you factor install and labor charges.

- Current systems all have meth ports and boost reference port that come pre-plugged if not being used.

_ Sold and endorsed by M-Engineering (arguably the #1 Porsche new platform tuning company in the USA), and also exclusively used by ES Motor UK who currently has all of the records for fastest 992 Porsche Turbo, etc..

I'll be around to answer any questions if anyone has any.

thank you and enjoy your Turbo!

- Ravi Dolwani
CSF, Cooling - Director

-
Excellent data ! Do you have any pressure drop data at various flow levels vs the stock IC ‘s ?
Old 09-04-2024, 09:06 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Excellent data ! Do you have any pressure drop data at various flow levels vs the stock IC ‘s ?
We have all of this information published on the initial press release we put out on the product when it was first released - https://csfrace.com/csf-by-pwr-high-...cooler-system/

Due to the higher performance of the intercoolers, there is a slight increase in pressure drop but it's not much at all, and a competent tuner can tune this variance out and realize the efficiencies with increased timing, etc.. All of the testing was done at World Motorsports by M-Engineering and all the data was supplied directly by M-Engineering..
Old 09-16-2024, 01:23 PM
FletcherHubbard
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We'e been doing CSF intercoolers for the 992 Turbos. Have them in stock as well.

Last edited by FletcherHubbard; 09-16-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Wagner Intercoolers