Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2024, 02:59 PM
ollins
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@hcvone is there any negative impact of the techart lowering springs compared to if were keeping it stock? Have been looking to lower my car but am afraid of the ride quality after or any long term damage. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2024, 05:32 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by ollins
@hcvone is there any negative impact of the techart lowering springs compared to if were keeping it stock? Have been looking to lower my car but am afraid of the ride quality after or any long term damage. Thanks.
Slightly more harsh of a ride on rougher roads, maybe 10% worse than stock, but handling seems better.Welcome to the forum and your first post
Old 09-23-2024, 12:31 AM
ollins
7th Gear

Originally Posted by hcvone
Slightly more harsh of a ride on rougher roads, maybe 10% worse than stock, but handling seems better.Welcome to the forum and your first post
Thank you very much for sharing. Just got my 24 tts early this year. I am hoping to get it lower a bit. Debating whether to go for a set of lowering springs or the Bilstein EVO SE Coilovers. But it seems like Bilstein evo FAL version has an unadjustable 35mm in the front, it sounds too aggressive...

Btw mind me asking how many mm you dropped from SPASM?

Last edited by ollins; 09-23-2024 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2024, 06:01 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by ollins
Thank you very much for sharing. Just got my 24 tts early this year. I am hoping to get it lower a bit. Debating whether to go for a set of lowering springs or the Bilstein EVO SE Coilovers. But it seems like Bilstein evo FAL version has an unadjustable 35mm in the front, it sounds too aggressive...

Btw mind me asking how many mm you dropped from SPASM?
About 24mm or 1', works for me, I have seen cars lower, but where I live and drive my lowering works and even the few places I use FAL the rubber front spoiler does not touch the ground if it's extended
Old 09-24-2024, 11:42 AM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 89 Posts

I ordered my car with just PASM since I knew I was going to lower the car anyway (for me even SPASM is not lowered enough) and I was going to run 21" and 22" wheels. I originally lowered the car with TechArt HAS which was set at the lowest setting. I have FAL, and if I recall correctly, with FAL, the fronts are actually not height adjustable. Another difference is that the Techart HAS comes with the helper spring with the rears, while the OEM with just PASM does not. This was not a problem since I thought the ride was fairly similar but I was running 21" and 22" wheels from the get-go. The ride is actually not bad, but you do feel the bumps on bumpy roads.

My problem with the Techart HAS was that they clunked occasionally. It wasn't all the time, but from time to time. This was just on my car and others have the Techart HAS with FAL with no problems.

After about 4K miles, I switched out to the Bilstein EVO coilovers. No clunking thus far is pretty good but similar to the TechArt HAS. I haven't had the chance to push the car in our backroads here but I think it handles a little better, but that might just be my self-serving justification. 🤣

I don't have any photos yet with the Bilsteins, but the drop is very similar to the TechArts here.

Old Today, 01:16 PM
ollins
7th Gear

Originally Posted by hcvone
About 24mm or 1', works for me, I have seen cars lower, but where I live and drive my lowering works and even the few places I use FAL the rubber front spoiler does not touch the ground if it's extended
That looks awesome! I can never have my front spoiler extended even with FAL activated at where I live. Bummer.
Old Today, 01:24 PM
ollins
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Calbenzo
I ordered my car with just PASM since I knew I was going to lower the car anyway (for me even SPASM is not lowered enough) and I was going to run 21" and 22" wheels. I originally lowered the car with TechArt HAS which was set at the lowest setting. I have FAL, and if I recall correctly, with FAL, the fronts are actually not height adjustable. Another difference is that the Techart HAS comes with the helper spring with the rears, while the OEM with just PASM does not. This was not a problem since I thought the ride was fairly similar but I was running 21" and 22" wheels from the get-go. The ride is actually not bad, but you do feel the bumps on bumpy roads.

My problem with the Techart HAS was that they clunked occasionally. It wasn't all the time, but from time to time. This was just on my car and others have the Techart HAS with FAL with no problems.

After about 4K miles, I switched out to the Bilstein EVO coilovers. No clunking thus far is pretty good but similar to the TechArt HAS. I haven't had the chance to push the car in our backroads here but I think it handles a little better, but that might just be my self-serving justification. 🤣

I don't have any photos yet with the Bilsteins, but the drop is very similar to the TechArts here.

Thanks for sharing! I do worry about the clunks from just swapping the springs, and that is one of the main reasons I am exploring the Bilstein EVO. Is it possible to share some pics with EVO on the car? I am so close to pull the trigger but just do not feel safe YET about the mandatory 35mm fixed drop at the front for FAL version. How is it living with it? Do you feel it is too low sometimes to the ground living in SF area?
Old Today, 02:50 PM
PTSTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 27 Posts

I also replaced my TechArt HAS springs due to the clunking sounds with the Bilstein EVO coil overs I also have FAL & SPASM. The ride quality is definitely better than springs only.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs?