Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 GT3: $40k More for Zero Additional Horsepower. Still Worth Over MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old Today | 10:07 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by johnarpy
This is a .2 upgrade not a new car. I had a 2024 GT3 and sold it for 290,000 which was 75,000 over original sticker. Price increase is Porsche trying to get some of the price back to them and not to the dealers. We set the price by what we are all willing to pay. Hopefully the ADM will be less on the 992.2s, but it depends on the buyers, not the sellers. I will say that I think the improvements are actually pretty good. As an owner of a new S/T I can see how they transferred some of the S/T over to the Touring with the lightweight package. If the new one drives anywhere like the S/T, then it is worth the price increase. Just my thoughts.
I found the ST lacking, both in get up and go and agility.

Last edited by groundhog; Today at 10:09 AM.
Old Today | 10:09 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
Shocker. You don't like any 992
Old Today | 10:09 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

You guys are fast. 10 pages in less than 24 hours. But yeah, silliest .2 ever.
The following 2 users liked this post by GT3:
c1pher (Today), supershaft (Today)
Old Today | 10:13 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Would love to get the final drive ratio on my .1
The following users liked this post:
c1pher (Today)
Old Today | 10:14 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarAholic
I'm sorry personally I think Porsche has lost it. To me there is not a model left, other then maybe a GT4RS/Spyder RS, that is worth the cost new. Just not interested anymore they have become far too expensive for what they are.
A reasonably built base 992 now costs over $150k. It wasn’t that long ago, a base 911 was right at $100k.
rmb1973 (Today)
Old Today | 10:17 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I think it's a great car but Porsche has really been gouging its pricing on all their cars . I think most of us accepted low ball trade numbers and paying full MSRP during the pandemic and supply shortage but those days are over . I remember a time when dealerships had lot car Gt3's . Now it's unheard of and a person almost has to know a secret hand shake to allow them to do you a favor to take a pile of money . It gets old .
Agree - It definitely is old but my view (means nothing to anyone but me) is this is the factory's reaction to the willingness of buyers to give into the dealers and pay so much more than the MSRP. If I were Porsche and had this market data I'd raise the prices also - right up to the point of diminishing returns.... this is all driven by what people are willing to spend
c1pher (Today)
Old Today | 10:26 AM
cadster
Racer

My thoughts:

1). I have no idea what the ratio is between MSRP buyers and ADM buyers (I’m the latter, and I won’t **** everyone off by revealing the extent of my ADM depravity). Maybe it’s 20/80? Or 30/70? In any case, if the average 992.1 ADM was, call it, $75,000. Going forward, a small group will be paying more, and a larger group might well be paying a little less. Plus, 992.1 owners will likely retain more value than they might other wise had the price walk been modest and total array of new features been more inspiring. Porsche is certainly giving the dealer a smaller bite of the apple.

2). The $40,000 price walk might be worth it if Porsche has somehow figured out how to make the engine’s not burn oil. I woke up to this on my Starbucks run this morning.

Old Today | 11:02 AM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by veo
Touring lightweight package $30k GBP from carwow vid, but let's say it is $35k USD

$225k MSRP
$35k lightweight package
$14k PTS
$20k PCCB, LWBS and FAL
$10k for other stuff you like

Now that is a $304k MSRP for a PTS car without any ADM added yet.
You think they would bump the MSRP 40k and keep the options the same price as the old car ??? LOL
Old Today | 11:18 AM
johnarpy
Instructor

Originally Posted by groundhog
Impressed you were able to drive one since they're still almost impossible to get. I only had my 991.2 Speedster and my 992.1 GT3 to compare it to, but I find it to be superior to any of the other GT cars. Although I'm sure the GT3 RS with PDK is faster on the track, but I'm just partial to manuals which all my 911s have.
Old Today | 11:25 AM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
I must be in the minority: I like it and will definitely be trading up. The front fascia is a huge improvement and the shortened gear ratios will make it more peppy. Touring, sofas, back seats, PTS, ceramics and MT. Heck, I might buy two.
I agree on everything excep I would nix the back seats and I would want Leichtbau package. No kids and saves weight with no back seats, would rather have all the open space for luggage, other stuff. I have to admit tho that the thought of getting the regular GT3 with wing and Wassach package does intrigue me. The white with Wass and magnesium gold rims looks stunning and resale would be a slam dunk. But same for the GT3T. And I am not tracking the car.
Old Today | 11:59 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

My only comment is I looked in my garage and saw my 991.2RS 😁 and realized I wasn't changing cars again. Good news is used previous generations of the GT3/GT3RS are not going down in price anytime soon.

Peter
Zetta (Today)
Old Today | 12:51 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

I'll say it's interesting that this seems to be the first time I remember such an outcry about the price for a new GT3 release.

Curious where things will end up after the initial demand Is fulfilled.
Old Today | 12:57 PM
supershaft
Pro

Originally Posted by cadster
My thoughts:

1). I have no idea what the ratio is between MSRP buyers and ADM buyers (I’m the latter, and I won’t **** everyone off by revealing the extent of my ADM depravity). Maybe it’s 20/80? Or 30/70? In any case, if the average 992.1 ADM was, call it, $75,000. Going forward, a small group will be paying more, and a larger group might well be paying a little less. Plus, 992.1 owners will likely retain more value than they might other wise had the price walk been modest and total array of new features been more inspiring. Porsche is certainly giving the dealer a smaller bite of the apple.

2). The $40,000 price walk might be worth it if Porsche has somehow figured out how to make the engine’s not burn oil. I woke up to this on my Starbucks run this morning.

the excessive oil consumption was one of the main reasons I decided to let go of my .1. Every 2-3k miles of hard driving not even track time required regular half quart top ups.
Old Today | 01:10 PM
veo
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
You think they would bump the MSRP 40k and keep the options the same price as the old car ??? LOL
I used 992.2 GTS option pricing as reference. I assume they are close

992.2 GTS:
$14k PTS
$11k PCCB
$3k FAL
LWBS is new but $6k shouldn't be far off

Old Today | 01:17 PM
718GTS4L
Instructor

Originally Posted by supershaft
the excessive oil consumption was one of the main reasons I decided to let go of my .1. Every 2-3k miles of hard driving not even track time required regular half quart top ups.
not an issue for those owners that only do 2k miles a year. Most won't daily their GT3

The 992.2 should have a slightly softer suspension that could make it a better daily / weekend car

Quick Reply: 992.2 GT3: $40k More for Zero Additional Horsepower. Still Worth Over MSRP?