RS Prices Coming Down

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2024, 10:13 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,738 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
So are you selling the 991.2 3RS?
I am leaning towards replacing it with a 750S.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
AlexCeres (09-22-2024), Manifold (09-19-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 02:34 AM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Breen
it would be unprecedented for them to NOT trade below MSRP 4-5 years after production. Price hikes in the past 3 years make this even more likely.
this shouldn’t be a controversial take.
ask anyone trading in a 2022 gt3 with 5,000 miles or so.
I traded in a 991.2 3RS and with 4xxx miles and they gave me what i paid for it when i bought from them (msrp). If they dealer gave me msrp on a 2019 in 2024, I'm pretty sure they expected to get more than the msrp for it.
Old 09-21-2024, 11:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
I traded in a 991.2 3RS and with 4xxx miles and they gave me what i paid for it when i bought from them (msrp). If they dealer gave me msrp on a 2019 in 2024, I'm pretty sure they expected to get more than the msrp for it.
I got MSRP for my 991.2 3RS (also bought it for MSPR) when I traded it in for my Touring allocation back in 2021. They ended up listing it for sale for 15% over MSRP and sold it within a week.
Old 09-21-2024, 02:22 PM
Boneguy
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

I paid 40k USD (im in Canada) over msrp for my 992 RS, and ask me if I care. I've spent and lost more money on things much less enjoyable. Heck I only have a 7-8 month driving season here anyways. I put nearly 10k miles on it so far. Again... Ask Me if I care. If I wanted to buy an investment, it wouldn't have 4 wheels. I wanted to buy something that gave me a smile every time I used it. And it's done that and more. I'd be happy having the highest mileage, most beat up, and cheapest RS on the continent... Because that means I got my moneys worth. Yes, everyone has a limit to what price is worth it for their particular desire, and if you have strong principles or whatnot against paying more, than that's 100% fine and your choice I respect! I bought the car to drive. And you pay enough (no matter what price you get it at) that you might as well enjoy it and do other things with your money that preserve or grow your net worth if that is your goal. People in the realm of being able to afford this car, know how to go out and make money (I'm assuming). It's just money...go make more if you need and just Don't buy it with your life savings.

When prices come down and I run The risk of losing money... I'll sleep fine knowing I didn't park it and watch the value go down. I enjoyed it! Happy to pay for that enjoyment like anything else in life (sporting events, TRAVEL, etc)

Rant over. Sorry fellas! Lol

The following 18 users liked this post by Boneguy:
ADgts40 (09-21-2024), Andi (09-21-2024), Angryinch (09-22-2024), Butzi (09-21-2024), cadster (09-21-2024), EMdoc (09-22-2024), engerman (09-21-2024), JPMD (09-21-2024), McNamara (09-21-2024), Mech33 (09-21-2024), MOGI (09-22-2024), RG88 (09-21-2024), RyanSD (Yesterday), shrimp money (09-22-2024), Tass (09-22-2024), Ukkid74 (09-22-2024), vladie22 (09-21-2024), welikethetrack (09-21-2024) and 13 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-21-2024, 07:56 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I am leaning towards replacing it with a 750S.
I just added a 750s Spider myself...just impossible to beat for a road going supercar IMHO.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (09-22-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 09:19 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Boneguy
I paid 40k USD (im in Canada) over msrp for my 992 RS, and ask me if I care. I've spent and lost more money on things much less enjoyable. Heck I only have a 7-8 month driving season here anyways. I put nearly 10k miles on it so far. Again... Ask Me if I care. If I wanted to buy an investment, it wouldn't have 4 wheels. I wanted to buy something that gave me a smile every time I used it. And it's done that and more. I'd be happy having the highest mileage, most beat up, and cheapest RS on the continent... Because that means I got my moneys worth. Yes, everyone has a limit to what price is worth it for their particular desire, and if you have strong principles or whatnot against paying more, than that's 100% fine and your choice I respect! I bought the car to drive. And you pay enough (no matter what price you get it at) that you might as well enjoy it and do other things with your money that preserve or grow your net worth if that is your goal. People in the realm of being able to afford this car, know how to go out and make money (I'm assuming). It's just money...go make more if you need and just Don't buy it with your life savings.

When prices come down and I run The risk of losing money... I'll sleep fine knowing I didn't park it and watch the value go down. I enjoyed it! Happy to pay for that enjoyment like anything else in life (sporting events, TRAVEL, etc)

40k is a good deal. Enjoy it! I would entertain that markup.
Old 09-21-2024, 09:43 PM
Breen
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

legend
Old 09-22-2024, 08:46 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,555 Likes on 2,588 Posts

I’ve gradually come to the view that all the reasons people buy these sorts of cars (pride of ownership, looking at it in the garage, showing off, being part of the car community, driving on the road, driving on track, etc.) are valid, and it’s ok for financial considerations to influence whether one will buy the car, the price one will pay, how much and where one drives the car, and when one sells the car.

Yes, they are primarily track machines and meant to be driven, but it’s ok to buy them for other reasons and hardly drive them. But one shouldn’t present themself as a driver of the car if they don’t drive it, and they shouldn’t present themselves as someone who is capable of driving the car to extract its potential if they’re unable to drive on track at an advanced level.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
C.J. Ichiban (09-22-2024), MOGI (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 12:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 104 Posts

I’ve gradually come to the view that all the reasons people buy these sorts of cars (pride of ownership, looking at it in the garage, showing off, being part of the car community, driving on the road, driving on track, etc.) are valid, and it’s ok for financial considerations to influence whether one will buy the car, the price one will pay, how much and where one drives the car, and when one sells the car.

Yes, they are primarily track machines and meant to be driven, but it’s ok to buy them for other reasons and hardly drive them. But one shouldn’t present themself as a driver of the car if they don’t drive it, and they shouldn’t present themselves as someone who is capable of driving the car to extract its potential if they’re unable to drive on track at an advanced level.

How does one present themselves? Can we stop this nonsense?
The following users liked this post:
993RR (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 01:18 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,121 Likes on 5,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick

Yah, people should really stop projecting.
Old 09-22-2024, 01:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick

???
Old 09-22-2024, 04:30 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

and they shouldn’t present themselves as someone who is capable of driving the car to extract its potential if they’re unable to drive on track at an advanced level.
’Advanced’ is relative. Many of the most experienced DE warriors would be quickly humbled by pros or even amateurs with actual competition experience.
Old 09-22-2024, 04:58 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
’Advanced’ is relative. Many of the most experienced DE warriors would be quickly humbled by pros or even amateurs with actual competition experience.
Of course. But a legit advanced track driver is far above someone who has little or no track experience. I know because I’ve instructed/coached more than a hundred such people. Less than 5% of those people were good drivers if new to the track.
Old 09-22-2024, 11:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,859 Likes on 2,396 Posts

intrigued.
why discuss price up or down
you buying
if I am buying I sure will not tell anyone price movement
you konw like stock trading.
Old 09-22-2024, 11:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,859 Likes on 2,396 Posts

we get along just fine.
drive it

many keep saying its track machine. its a car that's good on track
once you drive a cup car. u will still be limp in the RS

Quick Reply: RS Prices Coming Down