Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum-256/)
-   -   CarPlay Not Working (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum/1323338-carplay-not-working.html)

PorscheSince2013 11-04-2022 09:11 AM

Somehow, Porsche always seems to make the new PCM worse than the last.

Is there a way I can turn off the PCM display without having to go into the submenus and confirm. It's like pressing 5 buttons. In the last version, you could put an icon on the home screen.

Also, is there a way to program the track display to be the default? It reappears when I start the car, but then shuts off when I move to Sports or Track mode. Then I have to select it again.

Type901 11-04-2022 03:19 PM

Curious if anyone has any information about updating MY2022 cars produced prior to February 2022 with the updated PCM 6 interface in current production (i.e., from the black/white icons interface to the colored icons interface). I asked my dealership, and they didn't know. I also sent an email to Porsche Connect Support USA but have yet to receive a response. I hear that dealerships have been updating MY2022 Taycans produced with the initial PCM 6 interface.

I'm hoping that PCNA releases a campaign for the 992 and dealerships can perform this update. Pessimistically, I suspect it'll be like the matrix LED lights and Porsche won't go back and retroactively support prior production even though the hardware is identical in those cars.

Originally Posted by marklondon (Post 18442665)
Your PCM seems to have different (newer looking?) icons to mine. Were some of the earlier cars delivered with older software?
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...8a81a0c09.jpeg
Pic of mine.

nerdtalker 11-04-2022 05:18 PM

I don't believe PCNA has released the campaign for updating the MY2022 PCM6.0 software to PCM6.1, but there's a big thread about it on the Taycan and 992 turbo forums. It is supposed to happen. https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turb...o-6-1-a-2.html

marklondon 11-07-2022 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013 (Post 18446306)
Somehow, Porsche always seems to make the new PCM worse than the last.

Is there a way I can turn off the PCM display without having to go into the submenus and confirm. It's like pressing 5 buttons. In the last version, you could put an icon on the home screen.

Also, is there a way to program the track display to be the default? It reappears when I start the car, but then shuts off when I move to Sports or Track mode. Then I have to select it again.

There is a way to set one of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to turn off the PCM (and about 10 other things it can be set to do). Can't remember exactly how to do it but it's somewhere in the PCM settings.

Type901 01-04-2023 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Type901 (Post 18446959)
I also sent an email to Porsche Connect Support USA but have yet to receive a response. I hear that dealerships have been updating MY2022 Taycans produced with the initial PCM 6 interface.

It took 2 months, but thankfully I received the following response from the Porsche Connect team: "In regards to your availability request for the Cluster 37 update for the PCM of your vehicle. At this time this update is not available for your vehicle. This is something that is being actively developed and when the update is released we will send our communications to schedule an appointment with your preferred Porsche Center."

FrostyAZ 01-04-2023 08:15 PM

I had issues with CarPlay and there are some phone settings that I needed to adjust. Once I did that, I then deleted and re-paired my phone and it worked. It’s still not 100% but works more often than not. Definitely not as seamless as it should be. My GMC truck is 100% seamless.

seatactony 02-14-2023 03:49 PM

I'm having a strange issue with CP. I daily my GT3 in and out of Seattle. CP always activates without a problem, even in my underground garage at work.

CP drops completely, however, at two spots downtown Seattle -- one place on my commute into Seattle and a different spot on my commute home. When I say drops, CP fades in and out for a second, drops completely, and the PCM goes blank for a second.

I initially thought low cell coverage in these spots but that shouldn't really explain problems with the connection between the phone and the PCM.

Thoughts?

Orca911 02-15-2023 11:20 AM

Press and hold the volume button and it should turn off screen...
This drove me crazy on my GTS and someone posted this for me. Would be surprised if not the same on GT3

PorscheSince2013 02-15-2023 11:33 AM

Any quick way to turn off the screen without turning off the audio? On the new software, you have to go into the settings menu instead of having an icon.

darylbowden 02-15-2023 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by seatactony (Post 18631334)
I'm having a strange issue with CP. I daily my GT3 in and out of Seattle. CP always activates without a problem, even in my underground garage at work.

CP drops completely, however, at two spots downtown Seattle -- one place on my commute into Seattle and a different spot on my commute home. When I say drops, CP fades in and out for a second, drops completely, and the PCM goes blank for a second.

I initially thought low cell coverage in these spots but that shouldn't really explain problems with the connection between the phone and the PCM.

Thoughts?

This is only a guess but if you're connected wirelessly, your car and iPhone are using wifi to enable that I believe (similar to how Apple makes airdrop happen) - it's pretty likely that in those two areas there is some serious network interference for some reason. If you connect via the wired USB connection instead does it still happen (not sure if the 992 supports this mode since mine is still in production)?

seatactony 02-15-2023 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by darylbowden (Post 18632857)
This is only a guess but if you're connected wirelessly, your car and iPhone are using wifi to enable that I believe (similar to how Apple makes airdrop happen) - it's pretty likely that in those two areas there is some serious network interference for some reason. If you connect via the wired USB connection instead does it still happen (not sure if the 992 supports this mode since mine is still in production)?

Good idea and I will check. Thanks